• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nah, but only because Smash rarely (if ever) declones.

Your most wanted character gets in, but they don't have an amiibo, stage, fighter spirit, Classic route, or any music.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
It’s a tough decision, especially because I really like the single player content in Smash, but I’m gonna reluctantly say yes to that

You’re 100% sure your most wanted gets in but it’s in the next Smash game exactly 20 years from now

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'll be dead by then but **** it. I'll press the button.

The world achieves a state of "world peace" for the next 30 years, but you feel papercuts between your toes and fingers every day for the next 30 years too.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Heck no, I come in higher priority than the human race because obviously I'm the main protagonist and the main protagonist is more important than Earth. (I mean, I have to be if I alone can grant world peace the ability to reverse climate change and all human-caused species extinctions).
(Unironically this time, yes)

You can end global warming, but you always feel wrong temperature wise for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'll take that. I like the cold but don't like the snow, a win-win.

The next Smash instalment has all of your most wanted new series reps, but cuts the Original 12 and all characters from their associated series.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Hell no. That would be like cutting Ryu from the next Street Fighter game or cutting Scorpion and Sub-Zero from the next Mortal Kombat game.

You get all of the knowledge ever known to man, but everyone thinks you're a schizo and you're an alcoholic.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
ever known to man, why would I take that? I could just use Wikipedia and not be seen as a shizo and alcholic. If it knowing everything though, easiest yes.

Luigi doesn't appear in the next smash game, but he does get replaced by Waluigi (also, Luigi doesn't appear at all. Not even a colored skin for Mario, Wario, or Waluigi)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah. Luigi got six Smash games, Waluigi can replace him for once.

Your most wanted gets in, but so does a Sonic OC, chosen at random from the entirety of the internet.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Only if the creator of that OC gets royalties.

You get every single thing you ever wanted from Smash, except your most wanted character.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I see no downside to this.

Every single person's most wanted gets in, but as a result the character select screen is hardly legible.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Oof, probably not. But it would be hilarious, though

Your most wanted gets in, but it's just shadowdropped with no big announcement or hype.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YES. Preferable outcome for a character as niche/obscure as Muddy.

Your least wanted gets in, but they're insanely fun, get a new ACE remix, and are a hard counter against the character you find fighting against most annoying.

Last edited:

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Why not??? If it's fun, then it's fine by me!

Your most wanted gets in, but only as an assist trophy and/or a spirit while your least wanted gets the Fighter's Pass treatment instead.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
'Nuff said.

Your most wanted gets in, but you must refer to them as "purple Donkey Kong" for an entire month following their release.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
That's even better

Your most wanted gets in but everyone hates you if you play them (everyone, best friend since childhood? He can't even look at you)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just won't play as them, simple as that.

All of your most wanted characters in, but this is your profile picture on every website and social media, forever:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmmmmm.... hard choice, but yes. It's a terrible image but at least it isn't too off character for me given how much I love ironic profile pictures.

Your least popular most wanteds get in, but your most popular most wanted are permanently banned from ever getting in.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I don't expect my most popular wanted character will ever make it in so I guess I don't stand to lose anything.

Your most wanted character gets in, but you ultimately realize the victory is hollow and that a fictional character being added to a video game can't fix that empty feeling in your heart.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
... boop

Your most wanted gets in but Smash Ultimate now has Brawl physics forever (luckily there's no random tripping)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No, I love Brawl physics honestly (they're not that bad), but a lot of people hate them and I don't want to cause all that suffering around me.

Your most wanted gets in, but for some weird reason they wear a top hat on every one of their alts and its never taken out.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
The pros outweigh the cons so sure.

You get paid double of what you're earning right now but the currency isn't usable in your country and you need to exchange it. (ONLY answer if you're working a paying job ATM, whether you're working part-time or full-time.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Yeah sure why not. It would be inconvenient but it’s not like I’m losing anything

The results of the Smash 4 DLC poll get announced now, and the most requested fighter who isn’t already in the game gets in, but whoever is the 20th most requested character gets deconfirmed/removed if they’re already in

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
weird but could be neat. i'll press it for the novelty.

your most wanted doesn't get in smash, but their series gets its own really good platform fighter.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
A platform fighter based on Puyo Puyo would probably be fun, but the fact that everyone would fight the same dosent make me want it that much. Maybe if Arle getting in was guaranteed if I didn’t pick the platform fighter

Your most wanted gets in, but Mario canonically dies. He gets murdered by Wario then gets replaced with Luigi in the main line games, but still appears in spinoff games

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I mean, I hate apples so I wouldn't care. I guess yes however, as I think seeing others with occasional blue tongue would be kinda funny, and to help the health nuts.

Your favorite ended show gets revived (with as good writing as the best season in your opinion), but your favorite currently running show gets ended early.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
300px-I_See_This_as_an_Absolute_Win.jpg

You get to choose the rest of the characters, stages, etc. for the pass but online gets exponentially worse for each character you put in that you genuinely want in the game and exponentially better for each character you put in that you genuinely hope doesn't get in. (Characters who don't fit either category don't affect online.)

Also, you don't have to answer this, but if you were to press the button, who would you add?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
View attachment 292096

You get to choose the rest of the characters, stages, etc. for the pass but online gets exponentially worse for each character you put in that you genuinely want in the game and exponentially better for each character you put in that you genuinely hope doesn't get in. (Characters who don't fit either category don't affect online.)

Also, you don't have to answer this, but if you were to press the button, who would you add?
Nah, I'm good.

Crash is the last character, but Adol Christin comes before him.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I have no idea who Adol Christin is.

Every Undertale/Deltarune character gets in, but they each cost 10 bucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom