• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure. It’s one thing to possibly die in a horrific way, it’s another thing to have the same chance of that happening to your loved ones without your knowledge. Plus online school sucks and at least this will be an environment where I can socialize and make friends, and maybe play some good ‘ol puzzle games as well.

You get to live in the world of Pokémon, but you’re not allowed to have a Pokémon of your own.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
We have Epic Games Store for that.
What five games? Are they chosen by me or at random? If the former, I wouldn't press, as I can sacrifice Octoling getting into Smash if that means I can get 5 full-priced games for free. If the latter, I'm pressing because God knows what shovelware from the depths of Steam or the eShop I could end up with.

Your favourite game studio hires you to direct your dream game, but not long before release you get mysteriously fired and earn no money from your creation.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
No way

Also I meant that you get to pick any five games.

Anyways, press the button and the next challenger pack is a fighting game character. Leave it alone and it’s an RPG character
One of my most wanted (Sora) is an action RPG character, so leaving the button alone is a win for me :4wario2:

Vol. 1 has 6 Challenger Packs instead of 5, but CP1 has DeMille from Tomato Adventure as its character (preceding Joker).

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I wouldn’t. I’m sure Tomato Adventure is good but it just doesn’t justify removing someone like Joker who I really like

You get to pick the rest of the fighter’s pass but they all have to be from the same genre

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I wouldn’t. I’m sure Tomato Adventure is good but it just doesn’t justify removing someone like Joker who I really like

You get to pick the rest of the fighter’s pass but they all have to be from the same genre
I'd rather not (also, you seem to have misinterpreted my thing; Joker would still be in the pass, just as CP2)

We get more Final Fantasy music, but this prevents all other SE content from getting in

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Oh, then yeah I wouldn’t mind having Joker moved around

Anyways, as much as I wish there was more Final Fantasy music, I would prefer new SE series

The rest of the fighter’s pass will be entirely third party

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Oh, then yeah I wouldn’t mind having Joker moved around

Anyways, as much as I wish there was more Final Fantasy music, I would prefer new SE series

The rest of the fighter’s pass will be entirely third party
Eh, sure?

Alm gets in base Ultimate instead of Chrom, but then Azura gets in Sm4sh DLC and base Ultimate instead of Corrin.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No deal, there isn't even the upside of appeasing the FE haters

Inkling's roller is nerfed, but their up-tilt is buffed to the point of overpoweredness

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Sure. What could possibly go wrong?

Your most wanted gets in as a fighter exactly as you imagined them, but so does a Question Block from Super Mario Bros and it becomes a mainstay from hereon out.
Sure!

8-bit Mario gets in as a bonus fighter instead of :ultpiranha:, is relegated to an Assist Trophy, but then :ultpiranha: becomes a fighter in the next game.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
As much as I dislike Piranha Plant, I'll have to give this one a pass. They both sound like base roster characters, but at least Piranha Plant is unique I guess.

The "bad" Dreamworks Movies are now good, but they look even fuglier* (especially the ones that looked bad to begin with like Shark Tale).
*fugly = **** + ugly

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sure why not, my eyes have already gotten assaulted by Shark Tale anyways...

Your most wanted gets in, but the rest of the fighter's pass is from the same company as them

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure why not, my eyes have already gotten assaulted by Shark Tale anyways...

Your most wanted gets in, but the rest of the fighter's pass is from the same company as them
An all Sega Fighter's Pass would be awesome! Eggman, Shadow, Ai-Ai, Beat, Axel Stone, Kazuma, oh God it would be amazing. Pressing that button and pressing it again just because.

Your most wanted gets in, but the rest of the fighter's pass is filled with characters you hate.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
An all Sega Fighter's Pass would be awesome! Eggman, Shadow, Ai-Ai, Beat, Axel Stone, Kazuma, oh God it would be amazing. Pressing that button and pressing it again just because.

Your most wanted gets in, but the rest of the fighter's pass is filled with characters you hate.
As Thanos says, a soul for a soul.

Your most wanted gets in, but your least wanted appears as a Mii costume in their pack.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
That’s a win for me. I do care about mii costumes but I don’t really care if one mini costume spot gets taken

The next fighter has two music tracks and 50 spirits

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
I don't typically use Spirits and hardly look at the Spirit List. I'd much prefer more music.

Your most wanted is horribly overpowered when they get in, only to then be nerfed to oblivion in a patch.

Sk3tchy

Smash Rookie
I don't typically use Spirits and hardly look at the Spirit List. I'd much prefer more music.

Your most wanted is horribly overpowered when they get in, only to then be nerfed to oblivion in a patch.
Well that's fine by me, even though I actually have two that I really want.

WYPTBI everyone currently in Smash Bros was buffed to the point of being broken.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Definitely.

All modes from previous Smash games return, but in every case they're worse than the original.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
No downside to this, so of course.

You have to give £10,000 to someone, but over the next 2 years they will give you £20,000 in return paid in monthly installments.

Edit: Well this isn't gaming related. Oops.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
No downside to this, so of course.

You have to give £10,000 to someone, but over the next 2 years they will give you £20,000 in return paid in monthly installments.

Edit: Well this isn't gaming related. Oops.
You most wanted makes it, but King D3 gets a different crouch animation
I don't like either of these, but sure.

Banjo-Kazooie gets a remake and it's a breakout success, but all other "Rareware" franchises (including James Bond) are dead in the water.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No deal, I don't see the point in having Edelgard over Byleth

Octoling is added as an Inkling echo, but the Squid Sisters assist trophy is removed

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No, because there would still be a "bias" problem if that happened

The Tails Mii Costume gets the Sans treatment, but the Knuckles costume is removed

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Yeah I'd be fine with that. As long as Tails can fly. Shadow's got a lot of potential for a unique fighter anyway.

Your fave gets in Smash but all their assets, including character model and render, are reused from other games.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yeah I'd be fine with that. As long as Tails can fly. Shadow's got a lot of potential for a unique fighter anyway.

Your fave gets in Smash but all their assets, including character model and render, are reused from other games.
So Sora could reuse his model from KH3 and Crash reuse his model from It’s About Time? Yes, please!

Your most wanted gets in, but another FE character gets in before the, (not that you have to buy that FE character along with your most wanted).

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Yeah. Idc who it is; I'm desperate for my most wanted.

Your most wanted is a bonus fighter for having all 12 previous DLC fighters (including plant), but their fanbase faces constant ridicule until they're revealed.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure. The Sonic fanbase already faces constant ridicule

Your most wanted gets in, but the next game in their series is terrible. Like, Sonic 06 levels of poorly received.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
Uh... no thanks.

Your favorite series that has a fighter in Smash gets another fighter, but so do Fire Emblem and Pokemon. (Do NOT reply if either of those are your favorite series.)
Eh, okay

Plants VS Zombies gets representation in smash but they represent the Garden Warfare games

Top Bottom