• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm already getting costumers that bought Wii U games thinking they could be played on the wii...

Calling it a wii u was kind of a dumb idea because ignorant/ dumb people won't be able to tell the difference.

Can't return games that have been opened, even if they have the receipt

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'm already getting costumers that bought Wii U games thinking they could be played on the wii...

Calling it a wii u was kind of a dumb idea because ignorant/ dumb people won't be able to tell the difference.

Can't return games that have been opened, even if they have the receipt
Makes me wonder how people knew the difference between Xbox & Xbox 360 and Game Boy, Game Boy Colour & Game Boy Advance. It could be Nintendo's fail marketing, people's inability to search in Google, or whatever it might be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's stupid that you can't play multiplayer with one person using the wiimote and another using the tablet controller

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Got my Wii U! Told my parents that*I should be allowed to play it for a little to make sure everything functions.

My excitement died when none of my discs could be read on it and having tried to fix it for hours.. T_T Checking it was an excuse to play it but wow it actually ended up broken..

Christmas morning would have been terrible.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
D: But I thought NSMBU and Nintendo Land were good games... *heart shatters like glass*

Sending it in for repairs, likely to get it before Christmas anyhow so it's no big deal.

Really surprised I'm the only one who has said they had this issue? Or am I not alone?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
It is possible to get a defective product, although it is quite rare. So your defective product is one of a few.

:phone:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My gamepad right out of the box was making a rattling sound and after playing it, I noticed that pressing right on the control pad stops registering at times. Calling Nintendo Support tomorrow.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Heck, even the demo Wii U in gamestop doesn't make that rattling noise.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So got Zombiu. I don't like the fact there is only 1 melee weapon, but other than that it seems like a good survival horror to me.

Does AC3 on Wii-U have those uplay achievements?

UberMario

Smash Master
The Wii mini has no online capability (ethernet or wireless), so you can't play online OR access Wiiware or the Virtual Console.

lol. No wonder it's not coming outside of Canada, it sounds like a disaster the equivalent of what made the PSP Go a bust.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If it had backwards compatibility(it doesnt) I'd honestly buy it lol.

I never download WiiWare/VC games(I own any and all VC games I could ever want in their original forms) and I almost never go online with it. Too bad it cant play GC games though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Dude I know. But it's sooooo much fun.

I did, however, get killed and my survivor's zombie didn't show up. It was one of the earlier missions where you're getting the radar back up in the market and on your way back, there's a zombie that's stuck on a wire or something. I threw a flare and he flipped out and an event triggered that made zombies mob me. I died and when I came back, as I expected, he wasn't there because the zombie that killed me was part of a special event which had ended when I died.

I didn't really have great stuff, but now I know that you REALLY don't want to die during events.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You also won't become a zombie if you blow yourself up. Your pack will still be available to pick up though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone want to add me? RyuShimazu is my ID. miiverse is the same.

Also, could the rattling sound be the stylus in the back? that's the only noise mine makes..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I eventually found the stylus the first day I had it, but I went around using my fingers all day before I did.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, just saw the cover of the last issue of Nintendo Power . . . it looks a lot like the very first issue of Nintendo Power.

RIP Nintendo Power, you had a good run.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So got Zombiu. I don't like the fact there is only 1 melee weapon, but other than that it seems like a good survival horror to me.

Does AC3 on Wii-U have those uplay achievements?
I can confirm it does

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ What I'm getting at, the uplay rewards for Ac3, all of them make sense but the first one. It's a theme for ps3/360/pc. Does Wii-u get something in place of that?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow for Europe that will focus on Wii U and 3DS software.

But remember to keep anticipation to a minimum, otherwise you will all be disappointed.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
By the way, there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow for Europe that will focus on Wii U and 3DS software.

But remember to keep anticipation to a minimum, otherwise you will all be disappointed.
I recommend not even anticipating anything at all...

*coughs* But I do confess I'm interested to see if they will say anything about this rumored Yoshi's Land game that is coming to Wii U. If it has the same art-style than Yoshi's Island for SNES then I'm already sold. Oh... How I wish it was Yoshi's ISLAND instead of LAND...

Yoshi barely has any platform games for consoles, it's mostly puzzles and the likes, I think the last I've seen for a console was Yoshi's Story? Even though I enjoyed it back in the time, it was TOO easy. It played nothing like Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island.

Yoshi's Island 2 for DS was a great time-killer, but it didn't feel as artsy as the first one. Now that the Wii U can render those things easily, I don't see why not incorporate the old SNES art-style with HD textures and effects.

But as I said, I bet I'll be frustrated and Yoshi's Land will be one of those "ultra-easy-that-even-your-grandma-can-beat-it-and-it-lasts-2-hours-long" type of games.

The last super challenging game I played in a Nintendo console was F-Zero GX, I kind of forgot there was a world OUTSIDE when I was trying to beat its Story Mode on very hard. Then Shigeru Miyamoto comes and say he didn't expect people still wanting a F-Zero, and that we already experienced everything there is to be experienced? Well, no surprise coming from Nintendo, forgetting a hardcore game that is targeted at the very true fans of the franchise with their new business philosophy of "gotta-print-more-money-with-casual-games-ala-wii-sports".

I don't like judging ahead of time, But I think Pikimin 3 seems a little more challenging with the new mechanics of controlling multiple captains. So there is still light in the end of the tunnel that hints to us Nintendo doesn't want to "make casual" those franchises that are usually known by their challenging aspect. So there's still hopes.

Top Bottom