• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still not following this "unification". Does this mean that we will only have one FC connecting both 3DS and Wii U?

I really wish people would stop getting all wet over Beyond. The game doesnt even exist as far as the rest of the world is concerned. NOTHING was shone about it. No gameplay, no story information, nothing. Just a cutscene. A cutscene that shows jack ****. **** that game.

Last of us looks baller though.
Yes, because Sony's conference would just show some random footage of a game that has no plans to even be made into a game. Hell, let's just pay Ellen Page a lot of money to do motion capturing for a game that "doesn't even exist".

Or you can use google and find out gameplay already exists.

http://kotaku.com/5916362/beyond-two-souls-is-basically-heavy-rain--meets-ghost-trick

http://kotaku.com/5916148/over-twenty-minutes-of-beyond-two-souls-gameplay-footage

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
That's cool. People were still getting hella hype over it right after the cutscene came out, as if somehow a cutscene with no gameplay footage = a game.

It's sort of the same thing with the Luminous Engine. If you never actually show "A game" you cant say that that "game" is going to be amazing. It pissed me off when people got all excited because of the Madden "footage" before the 360 launch, it still pisses me off now. People getting mad hype for **** that for all intents and purposes doesnt exist. You want to get excited that a company you like is making another game, fine, that's understandable. But dont pretend any game is good until you've actually seen THE GAME.

Also I didnt go looking for footage of Beyond because I dont care about it. I didnt really enjoy Heavy Rain so im not putting my hopes into this, even if I do have a huge crush on ellen page. Sorry for not keeping up on everything forever.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Latest comment by a guy on my ignore list. Stay jealous.

I thought this was the Wii/ WiiU though, so we should probably go back to that.

Wii: I hate it and regret buying it just for Brawl/ The Conduit.

WiiU: WHERE THE **** ARE THE GAMES?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So there Reggie was on Jimmy Fallon tonight to show stuff about wii u.

Played 2 games. One was that Ninja star thingy from Nintendo land.
The other was ubisoft's zombiU.

He said the wii u release will happen this holiday season.

And woah woah @ the front page. I didn't notice wii u's new controller.
Does that mean there isn't gonna be any wiimotes?
You can still use wii motes

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looks like we're having another silly subjective console war. :rolleyes:

I think Nintendo is going to reveal some 2013 titles in the Fall. In Iwata we trust.
Most likely (think they said they would have another Direct in September), they said at E3 that they only showed off titles that would be there at launch so they could avoid the launch the 3DS had. Starting to wonder if they even care about E3 anymore now that they have these online conferences.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Looks like we're having another silly subjective console war. :rolleyes:
Uhh, no? No one else is really bashing any consoles right now. If that was aimed at my comment, it has nothing to do with consoles and everything to do with media and the gaming community putting too much hype into games where nothing other than a cutscene(or in ZombiU's case, with the "God save the queen" trailer, nothing but a ****ing song) without actually seeing gameplay. It's stupid.

Most likely (think they said they would have another Direct in September), they said at E3 that they only showed off titles that would be there at launch so they could avoid the launch the 3DS had. Starting to wonder if they even care about E3 anymore now that they have these online conferences.
IGN did an article about this. They're of the opinion that Nintendo only really uses E3 for their investors, to show off "safe" games and such, while using Nintendo Direct and their own conferences to get into the real meat of their games and such. Whether it's true or not obviously is unknown but it's definitely a possibility.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's not much of concern.

If people say it's gonna be great, that's just a sign of prediction. I can't necessarily blame them for doing so.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just hope it's not as expensive as it looks.
The darn tablet controller must be costly.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The rumored prices we're seeing are 300 and 350. However, those are really the only reasonable prices based on common sense, so I'm not putting much faith in these rumors. I bet they're accurate, but not for the reasons that most true rumors end up being true.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why are companies taking shots at each other to begin with? That's not competing, that's just being dumb.

Edit: Wait... the page I came up on wasn't even close to the last one, I just addressed a really old topic LOL. My bad guys, my bad..

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Why are companies taking shots at each other to begin with? That's not competing, that's just being dumb.

Edit: Wait... the page I came up on wasn't even close to the last one, I just addressed a really old topic LOL. My bad guys, my bad..
Lol. It happens.

As for the price of Wii U, they said that it was going to be an affordable price. Now, what is affordable by Nintendo terms?

Which is why people are saying between $300-$400.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Uhh, no? No one else is really bashing any consoles right now. If that was aimed at my comment, it has nothing to do with consoles and everything to do with media and the gaming community putting too much hype into games where nothing other than a cutscene(or in ZombiU's case, with the "God save the queen" trailer, nothing but a ****ing song) without actually seeing gameplay. It's stupid.
Don't worry it wasn't aimed at you, just looked like everyone was bashing things left and right the past few pages so I thought I'd speak up and say something.

IGN did an article about this. They're of the opinion that Nintendo only really uses E3 for their investors, to show off "safe" games and such, while using Nintendo Direct and their own conferences to get into the real meat of their games and such. Whether it's true or not obviously is unknown but it's definitely a possibility.
That kinda makes sense, not that I'd take IGN all that seriously. The Directs certainly take away a lot that they could reveal at either E3 or TGS though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol. It happens.

As for the price of Wii U, they said that it was going to be an affordable price. Now, what is affordable by Nintendo terms?

Which is why people are saying between $300-$400.

Which means I'm probably not getting one early on. I still can't afford a 3DS, even. :glare:

However, that's what I imagined the price to be anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

finalark

SNORLAX
I had a thought the other night and I was wondering what everyone thought about the idea of Gamecube and Wii games receiving HD collections for the Wii U?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I had a thought the other night and I was wondering what everyone thought about the idea of Gamecube and Wii games receiving HD collections for the Wii U?
Maybe, i own both consoles and most of the games I want, I already have. It could be cool to have them in HD though...

Ecks

Smash Lord
Regular Sora maybe? Oh, and Namco.

And I definitively wouldn't mind HD re-releases down the road. Some games would look fantastic.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What the... What company is Sakurai going to be using for Sm4sh?? I know he is partnering with Namco Bandai but what about the main company...
They've been dissolved since the 30th of last month, so nothings really changing. And Sora Ltd. (Sakurai and his assistant, basically), is supervising Namco's development of Sm4sh, if you can call that a partnership (which you probably could).

Oh, and Project Sora was just temporary and was only meant to make Kid Icarus, as far as I know. They TRIED to expand for Sm4sh, but they just didn't, and handed it over to Namco.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
What really bugs me about Project Sora disbanding is that we got no reason, and it was very hush hush.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Already knew the Wii U's CPU kinda sucked. Even then though, I guess this will make the battery life to the controller last longer.

finalark

SNORLAX
What really bugs me about Project Sora disbanding is that we got no reason, and it was very hush hush.

That is kinda interesting. It seemed like Sora was supposed to be one of Nintendo's big hitters along with Retro or Camelot (who really should make another game some time soon). I mean, not only did they make Brawl, the game meant to be the Wii's killer app, but they also handled the new Kid Icarus.

Maybe a lot of people in Sora disagreed with Nintendo's policies or something.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't know how accurate this is since specs aren't confirmed yet, but I thought this post at Neogaf was pretty informative. An interesting thing here is the claim that the NextBox and PS4 will likely also have a weaker CPU than the PS3's cell. The CPU hasn't really been the problem with this generation (or so I've heard), so I suppose this would be alright. Plus the Wii U's CPU seems to be more efficient even though it loses in raw power, so that's something to think about too.
But still my concern with this is, will the WiiU really be alright with this, considering it may have to run 3 screens at once? Sure most multiplayer centered Nintendo games are simple enough, but it just doesn't seem very future-proof to me.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't know how accurate this is since specs aren't confirmed yet, but I thought this post at Neogaf was pretty informative. An interesting thing here is the claim that the NextBox and PS4 will likely also have a weaker CPU than the PS3's cell. The CPU hasn't really been the problem with this generation (or so I've heard), so I suppose this would be alright. Plus the Wii U's CPU seems to be more efficient even though it loses in raw power, so that's something to think about too.
But still my concern with this is, will the WiiU really be alright with this, considering it may have to run 3 screens at once? Sure most multiplayer centered Nintendo games are simple enough, but it just doesn't seem very future-proof to me.
It'll work. Its one of the challenges that devs have to deal with. They'll make it work. Unless they try doing too much with it.

Top Bottom