• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I've recently just Seen the scribblenaunts trailer and I'm telling you behind zombiU its one of my most anticipated games for this systems launch

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this game can have some form of online capabilities the lack of online in the last one was lame because I wanted them to bring back that Mario vs Luigi mode from the last one

Either then that I thought the trailer was very impressive I honestly think Nintendo should space out the launch titles so that there any drought like there was with the 3ds

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Lego city honestly looks like one of the most randomly amazing games I've seen. I was not expecting it.
It looks good and luckily it's much difference than the last Lego games. The last Lego games were so similiar to each other to the point that they just weren't worth it.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Plus they'll be be voice acting this Lego game is gonna amazing possibly better than Lego Batman 2 but grand theft auto style :)no

Edit:this thread is oddly unlively how strange :(

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing NSMB on Wii with my brothers recently (getting all coins) and by watching the NSMB U I can safely say that it will be by far the best New super Mario Bros. game. It's amazing. O.O

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Kotaku's article? No thank you. They are so biased against Nintendo, it gives me cancer. These past 2 years they have nothing but bad news about the Big N.

Most of the times their sources are pretty doubtful. Their analyzes tend to fail. They said "Oh, the Big N is doomed. The 3DS won't be able to compete with the casual and handheld market because of iPhone, iPad blah blah, vita will look good blah blah", now look at the 3DS? And that's not the only one, they have several bad analyzes about Nintendo which always turn out to be wrong or not as bad as they said.

Honestly, I don't want to waste my time reading a Kotaku's article ever again.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh, that article is basically a "tell me something I don't know" kinda deal. We'll just have to wait and see how much power 720 and PS4 give out.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Kotaku's article? No thank you. They are so biased against Nintendo, it gives me cancer. These past 2 years they have nothing but bad news about the Big N.
That is ridiculous. How the hell are they biased when it's true?
They don't only point out bad news about nintendo.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
That is ridiculous. How the hell are they biased when it's true?
They don't only point out bad news about nintendo.
For sure it's gonna come from an unnamed "doubtful" source. The "journalist" is gonna write a wall-of-text ****storm entirely based on rumors and present that as a fact. Very professional, right? The sad part is that I don't even need to read to know that.

I would read their articles if they had a clearer and more professional approach. Anyway, just in case I'm being ignorant, I'll read that.

Edit: Just read all that. Unfortunately it went as I thought. :/

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I remember discussing this issue earlier in the thread thinking that next gen xbox and playstation consoles will surpass the Wii U's graphics by a lot making 3rd party games unable to play on the Wii U.

I think it might be true and I wonder how Nintendo will deal with this problem if it is true.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't see how that article was biased. The iPad will surpass the WiiU? Yes, I'm positive it will surpass it in about 2 or 3 years. That the WiiU will end up in a similar position to the Wii, without being able to handle future game engines? Yes, that sounds about right. If the WiiU is indeed made to compete with the PS360, then there is zero chance of it being able to run say, Unreal Engine 4, which will be a big. If it doesn't support DirectX 11, then it really is game over.

Honestly, I just want someone to crack this thing open and leak the specs.

And Kotaku doesn't hate Nintendo, I've been using them for game news since 2010 and I've never seen any bias against them. All they did was state the truth.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have seen some games on the Ipad and Iphone (Infinite Blade, Mass Effect, and Dead Space.) The graphics do look great, but at the same time...they aren't games you would expect to play on a console. Partly due to the restriction of controls on a touch screen. However, is the Ipad capable of making a full fledged game? I figure the only reason they don't is due to the size rather than technical specs.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't know much about the iPad, but it can definitively do some gaming. I don't think it's at the level of a current console just yet, but it most likely will surpass them in a couple of updates (years).

Even if the iPad is powerful, it seems risky to me to go all out developing a AAA game for the it, when most tablet and smartphone users just want Angry Birds. Also, current gen games are well over 6GB. A couple of games would fill that iPad really fast, especially if it's a 16GB model.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I have a 16GB iPad and I currently typed this post with it, lol.

For infinity blade, 947MB
For infinity blade 2, 1.2GB

Both of these games restart when you get killed by the final boss(es) and It takes a bloodlines and rebirths to get over lv100.
Not to mention that you have to keep beating enemies to get money and buy more powerful items. But the thing is, you have to buy ALL ITEMS AND RINGS if you want to get to a maximum level.

And when you look at Dead Space iOS, it doesn't really take long to finish the game if it's just the same as dead space, so in order to make it longer without using an excess amount of memory, they made the gameplay in puzzle-like experience.

So mainly, those people make games that has slight difficulty when playing I guess. I have to look more into it though.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Dead Space for iOS and Android weren't filled with puzzles. Either that, or they were fairly obvious to the point that I dismiss them as puzzles.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean...I agree with their approach whole heartedly. There's not much you can do over the internet when deciding if a person's opinion is authentic or not. I like how Nintendo is giving these people the benefit of the doubt, and in a sense "believing" in them.

All in all though, trolls are generally easy to spot. Flag them, and hell, I would even enforce penalties on these people. Perhaps ban them from posting, or locking them out of achievements or hints?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I can tell that the site is biased towards Nintendo, but what they said is true:

"Microsoft aren’t the only ones taking a swing at the Wii U. Last month, Sony claimed that its overpriced and badly selling Vita is better than the Wii U. Yet, after Nintendo revealed the Wii U last year, both Microsoft and Sony wasted no time firing up their copiers and introduced very similar technologies, Microsoft’s SmartGlass (which we think is nothing but a gimmick), and Sony’s Vita Cross Play. These are the same companies that dismissed and laughed at the Wii, a console which has far outsold any of their offerings."

As far as I'm concerned, they all copy eachother in one way or another.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's no secret MS and Sony copy Nintendo. However, I would make a case that Cross Play came around the same time as Wii U. Not much distance for one copying the other.

But holy **** that dude was so biased. I hope he didn't go to journalism school, cause that would be an insult to everything he learned there.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Here's some very interesting news about the concerns of Miiverse:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/05/nintendo-talks-about-censoring-miiverse
All I want is an "off" option for the Miiverse, I don't want to see random people's opinions of games (I also don't want to see some idiot spamming spoilers) on the main screen or anywhere in the game. If there was no way to turn miiverse off I suppose I could disconnect the Wii U from the internet so it would be impossible. I prefer to enjoy single player games alone, if I want input from others I'll go to a review site.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The site the article comes from of course. I get it's a Nintendo site, but geez...

It just reminds me of that little flash cartoon I saw where Miyamoto duct tapes two Wiis together and takes a **** on them. Then you see the Nintendo fans go crazy, applauding him and what not. The point being these guys will do anything to defend their favorite company.

Thino

Smash Master
Im not really a technical kind of guy but as long as the console can do HD and the online for fighting game isnt like Brawl or TvC.

It seems that the only thing the Wii-U can't do right now is getting rid of friend codes, which I still find impractical and also achievements.

but this depends more on what Nintendo does, rather than the actual specs of the console

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have trouble reading specs as well, so I can't really comment in comparison to current consoles and whether or not if these specs are capable of running Unreal 4 or Luminous.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Lol. Microsoft and Sony are pretty biased themselves.

As for the specs, those are specs for the Dev Kit. Anyways, the console itself isn't too bad, but it could have been better if Nintendo wanted it to be a tad more pricy of a console.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ But that's not my point though. The guy who made the article was just blatantly biased. As a journalist, your job is to stay objective or close to it as possible. I understand he works under a "Nintendo" website, but that was a rather poor article to read.

finalark

SNORLAX
^ But that's not my point though. The guy who made the article was just blatantly biased. As a journalist, your job is to stay objective or close to it as possible. I understand he works under a "Nintendo" website, but that was a rather poor article to read.
Indeed. Its like how reading Nintendo Power is the worst thing ever if you want fair and honest reviews of big Nintendo titles.

I wrote for my school paper in High School and Christ there's a difference between opinion pieces and news. Almost makes you wonder if the game was paid off.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Oh, no, I completely agree with you. That was pretty bad of that writer.

I was talking about how Sony and Microsoft are saying that their consoles are the same as Wii U.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's just dumb and silly talk. Bashing for no reason really. The specs are clearly going to be better than what those two consoles run, and even if they ask to simply "look" at the games, it's no secret that games in the early parts of a new console's life look rather mundane. Unless you are a super casual of course.

I don't know if both MS and Sony saw that one coming, but given the fact games like Beyond and Last of Us blow anything the Wii U has out of the water, it might be a year or two before Nintendo catches up, thus giving those other companies time to keep going on their current consoles.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So there Reggie was on Jimmy Fallon tonight to show stuff about wii u.

Played 2 games. One was that Ninja star thingy from Nintendo land.
The other was ubisoft's zombiU.

He said the wii u release will happen this holiday season.

And woah woah @ the front page. I didn't notice wii u's new controller.
Does that mean there isn't gonna be any wiimotes?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I really wish people would stop getting all wet over Beyond. The game doesnt even exist as far as the rest of the world is concerned. NOTHING was shone about it. No gameplay, no story information, nothing. Just a cutscene. A cutscene that shows jack ****. **** that game.

Last of us looks baller though.

Top Bottom