• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's statements like these that really make me wish $ony would just die already it's not like they haven't made any money off any of departments for years. I mean ****, of course the Vita is more powerful than that tablet in all likelihood. That tablet was supposed to be meant for home gaming or as an added feature to a gimmick for a game, not a dedicated portable device that I'd be willing to take to school or something like **** if I wanted that I'd just take me 3DS with me instead. It's hilarious how smug they are about the Vita in comparison to the Wii U when the Vita has so far been a massive failure on all fronts with little hope to ever recover. They didn't even announce any games for it this E3 except some crappy Assassins Creed game or something. It doesn't even help that the Vita more or less costs what people predict the Wii U will cost, with the added benefit that the Wii U is actually a bonafide console that can and will probably do more **** than the Vita can.

And was there seriously ever any doubt the Wii U would be more powerful than the PS4? I mean the Wii U is already using oudated hardware by today's standards like **** who did Nintendo actually fool into believing it'd be the most powerful?

Also NFC stands for?
:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
NFC is Near-Field Communications. In the case of that Rayman game, you hold an item near the WiiU Tablet (Like a special Rayman toy or something), and it can read/write data from that wirelessly.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I love how you guys are raging over this. On the flipside when Reggie tried to defend Arkham City for the WiiU possibly being 60 dollars, some of you guys were perfectly fine with it.

Both are stupid and ******** responses. Both trying to promote their product when they could have easily taken the highroad.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes they are. One is just dumber than the other (Sony's.) Sony should have stuck with not answering the question and praising the Wii U, while Reggie should have dodged the question or given some politically correct answer.

Thino

Smash Master
These kind of things makes me glad I'm just a consumer, I just have to choose which product, console and game suits me.

Console (performance) wars like these are better left to these companies themselves.

I'm personally just gonna buy the one that attracts me the most or even both if I can afford it, it doesn't matter to me if it's called Vita or WiiU

I love how you guys are raging over this. On the flipside when Reggie tried to defend Arkham City for the WiiU possibly being 60 dollars, some of you guys were perfectly fine with it.

Both are stupid and ******** responses. Both trying to promote their product when they could have easily taken the highroad.
Well yeah... Both 2 responses were pretty stupid/really stupid :|

Still buying the Wii U. It may had that lacking sweetness in E3 but I'm sure that there are still tasty 1st/3rd party games to be inevitably revealed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, the Wii U still does have a good launch line up at least. It may not have a lot that would make you defiantly buy the Wii U at the moment, but at least it has some stuff to keep you busy for a while. Alone that is a big step up from the 3DS launch.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I suppose it depends on if you have played those third party games or not. Take it from someone like me who has...the only games that would be on my list would be Rayman and Mario.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I suppose it depends on if you have played those third party games or not. Take it from someone like me who has...the only games that would be on my list would be Rayman and Mario.
That's exactly my point. The only people the third party titles (Mass Effect, Arkham City, etc.) being on the Wii U will benefit are those who own only Wiis. I'm willing to bet that the number of people who own Wiis and a secondary console - be it the 360 or the PS3 - outnumber those who own only the Wii.

While Rayman, Pikmin, and NSMBU look to be fun and all, they're not really interesting enough for me to buy a whole new console... yet.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm willing to bet that the number of people who own Wiis and a secondary console - be it the 360 or the PS3 - outnumber those who own only the Wii.
Tell that to Children and the Elderly which make up >>50% of the Wii's sales

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

theeboredone

Smash Legend
But I don't think the elderly or soccer moms are gonna be running to the Wii U like they did with the Wii. I honestly believe Nintendo won't have the soccer mom to fall back on.

Children? Maybe...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Or maybe it us a console for everyone. Go be honest, the name Wii U is really hurting the console.

Core gamers will think of the wii when they hear wii u, and this brings up bad images.

It further hinders sales when most of the 3rd party games are games that fans of those series have already played or pre-ordered on 360/PS3.

Wii U is something appealing to me since my 360 died a couple of years ago, but it isn't something that I'm gonna get day 1, since a majority of the games didn't really catch my interest. Plus, I would rather play a wii u demo before I make any purchases towards it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Er core gamers should actually not be affected by the name, considering they are the ones who actually understand what the Wii U is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I am the only who thinks they should pulled a NES to SNES and have called it the Super Wii? :p

The console is fine, but the lack of sheer information about it hurts it, a lot. Once we hear some more info and see the games planned beyond the launch (which Nintendo refused to show at E3) the Wii U will be looking a lot better.

Or maybe it us a console for everyone
This
The console is fine, but the lack of sheer information about it hurts it, a lot. Once we hear some more info and see the games planned beyond the launch (which Nintendo refused to show at E3) the Wii U will be looking a lot better.
and that.
The awkward name of the console
The title is weird. First picture I would be thinking when I hear that word would be a revamped of the Wiimote and nunchuk (Not really scary but not much people really liked the idea).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since the wii-u can interact with figures placed on it, AKA Rayman Legends trailer, I wonder if they are thinking up plans to use that with Skylanders

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Since the wii-u can interact with figures placed on it, AKA Rayman Legends trailer, I wonder if they are thinking up plans to use that with Skylanders
That's a good question. My initial guess would be no, seeing as they already have the Portals. At the same time, I can see them using that tech for Skylanders for those people who happen to not own a Portal. Didn't they say Skylanders Giants will not come with a Portal, which technically means in time, the Portals will become harder and harder to find?

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Probably not they still have Xbox 360 and PlayStation so they still can be used my only questions for the wiiu is how they use the secound screen in fast paced fighting games such as tekken and street fighter

Probably not they still have Xbox 360 and PlayStation so they still can be used my only questions for the wiiu is how they use the secound screen in fast paced fighting games such as tekken and street fighter

Fighting games like that will most likely not use the touch screen that much. Maybe the touch screen will just be used as some sort of additional easy input button (Like in SFIV3D).

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
But I'm sure easy inputs would be banned from tournament play.
It depends on how touch input is executed. If its like SFIV, then no point in banning it, as it doesn't change the fact that you still need skill to play.

If its like Tekken, I could see why they would ban it.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I think either way the pad will be banned and in place the pro controller will be used. the best application for the pad to me would be in FPS like games such as ghost recon online

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't think it'll be banned. People just won't like it as much as the pro in the same way that Wiimote/Nunchuck isn't banned and people use Gamecube.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
It takes technique to pull of those combos not just anybody can do them if the fighting games end up like the 3d version of street fighter where you just fight and tap to activate specials then people wont like the game-pad. Unless it has an arcade stick layout which would be pretty cool.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I don't think the Wii Pad will be used in tournaments. Remember the report about how two wii pads reduced the frame rate in some games? So that might be a concern going forward, and you also have to watch out for wireless interference as well.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
And you also forgot that people could just use USB fight sticks once they make them for fighting games. (Hopefully Smash will support fight sticks. That would be legendary.)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, the fight stick isn't for everyone. I just like using them because I have all my buttons at my fingertips.

Top Bottom