• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
☯ I'm most likely try to get three Wii-U, two for myself and sell the other one for a lot of money. >=3

☯ Oh and just Xenoblade Chronicles as a birthday gift. =D
Happy Birthday. :D

Look at my avatar. That will be your favorite character.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
☯ Thank you. =)

☯ Challenge excepted! >=3

☯ Since I'm completely new to the series, I don't know what I'm getting myself into. XD
Well it isn't a series, this is the first (if there are to ever be more) Xenoblade game. But it is a large and massive game, so it may overwhelm you haha. Fortunately, the RPG elements are a bit more basic than most if I can recall Final Fantasy games correctly.

Oh, and heropon Riki will steal your heart in the first few moments of his appearance. Best part of the game for me. xD

Does anyone remember the Wii selling on Ebay for $1,000? Dummkopf!
Oh! That reminds me. xD I think at one point my family did buy a second one and sold it on ebay. Wahaha! xD Maybe even a third one, my memory is my greatest enemy.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I didn't buy my Wii until about three years ago. Just went to the community center and played Brawl between dodgeball matches on Friday nights. :b:

Shök

Smash Champion
Unless SSB4 comes out relatively close to the launch date of the Wii U, I won't be buying when it's released.

Yes, I'm buying another Nintendo home console just for Smash :awesome:

Unless there's some pretty good launch titles.
Same with me. I bought my Wii when Brawl was already released. I bought it for that sole purpose. Just for Smash. Lol.

But it is a fun experience! Besides, I am a Nintendo gamer, the Wii only has the Rainfall to tide over the final drought until the next system is released with new games. I doubt the 3DS would fill in that gap of waiting for the Wii U initial hype to die down. Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario (whenever that comes out) probably won't last that long.

As for reserving, I'm not sure. For some reason it wasn't handled that way, it was apparently first come first serve. Good thing I got it when I did, after that day I never saw a Wii in stores for a good period after that.
Ugh. I thought the 3DS would fill that gap, tbh. I bought the 3DS only for Mario Kart 7. I kinda regret it now since I rarely play the game. I thought I would play it way more. Ha ha. The only thing I'm waiting for is Paper Mario, but I'll probably just finish the game and stop playing my 3DS again. Lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I love Paper Mario to death, don't get me wrong, but it'll probably take 1-2 days of playing from me before I beat it and have no further reason to touch it. XP

And I know! Mario Kart 7 was supposed to be one of the games that I frequented the online scene, but I found myself bored of it quickly. And dem blue shells... I can't stand them.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think people forget that there is always Monster Hunter 3G and 4 for the 3DS. All we gotta worry about is when Capcom will be deciding to localize the game.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I love Paper Mario to death, don't get me wrong, but it'll probably take 1-2 days of playing from me before I beat it and have no further reason to touch it. XP

And I know! Mario Kart 7 was supposed to be one of the games that I frequented the online scene, but I found myself bored of it quickly. And dem blue shells... I can't stand them.
I love Paper Mario so much too. The concept is great, and I love all the charisma the characters have. ;p

Currently I'm trying to get my hands on Paper Mario for 3DS, that is looking so sweet. O.O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I thought Paper Mario lost its magic after the 2nd one. With that being said, I still think the first one was the best, and this is not me being nostalgic or anything. I just felt like the series became more and more generic and streamlined towards the casual audience. I wasn't expecting the series to be for hardcore RPG fans, but I never felt a "challenge" while playing the later games.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You probably only felt the challenge from the first one because you were younger at the time. I thought that it was the hardest too and then me and my brother got it on the Wii and I watched him play it and we were both shocked as to how simple and easy it all was.

Actually, the second and third one may be easy as well, but they both have 100 Pit Trial things that are actually quite difficult. The second one in the third is particularly annoying, don't think I ever beat that one actually.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I just wish Nintendo will announce plans of some sort for these following series: F-Zero and Custom Robo. As well as giving as a proper title for Smash 4.

Shök

Smash Champion

Ha ha. Likewise. Paper Mario has to be one of my favorite series.

Ugh... MK7, imo, was a rushed game. There were so many bad things that could have been easily avoided if they actually bothered with the game.

I still enjoyed the game, though, since I love Nintendo games. I play them, enjoy them, and we're done. I don't buy too many games with high replay value. x)

I thought Paper Mario lost its magic after the 2nd one. With that being said, I still think the first one was the best, and this is not me being nostalgic or anything. I just felt like the series became more and more generic and streamlined towards the casual audience. I wasn't expecting the series to be for hardcore RPG fans, but I never felt a "challenge" while playing the later games.
I agree. As soon as I touched Super Paper Mario, I knew it wasn't the same.

Unlike most Paper Mario fans, though, my favorite has to be the second one. The game was just so fun, exiting, heartwarming. Ha ha. The first one also has all those traits, but I just like the second one slightly better.

yani

Smash Lord
Shane Satterfield said:
One thing that I can say without getting in any trouble is that the launch line-up for the Wii U is going to surprise people. It's going to be pretty damn good.
Hype much?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well we know Pikmin 3 and a 2D Mario Bros are in the works. Then you probably got some 3rd party games like Batman and Assassin's Creed. Seems solid to me if you don't own those games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
still not getting this unless they confirm smash and the use of gamecube controllers
Well, they confirmed as Smash game being made for it...

...?

But it's not going to use gamecube controllers unless they make a NEW gamecube controller

John2k4

The End of an Era
AKA a redone classic controller.

They did confirm that Gamecube support was going to be dropped, so I'm almost positive that GC controllers will not be usable.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
still not getting this unless they confirm smash and the use of gamecube controllers
I feel we've already had this talk about GC controller support. Sadly, it won't. Looks like Nintendo is going to go all wireless for this one, unless some 3rd party makes a usb controller.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
They confirmed Smash a long time ago. Hard to say about the gamecube controllers. Just use Classic Controller Pro. Or you could get some kind of device that allows you to use a gamecube controller.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
With this new generation, Nintendo looks like they really want to repeat the name of their products. Wii to Wii-U and DS to 3DS. Where's the good ol' creativity to come with new names? >.<

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
With this new generation, Nintendo looks like they really want to repeat the name of their products. Wii to Wii-U and DS to 3DS. Where's the good ol' creativity to come with new names? >.<
I agree, one of the things that sucked about Playstation and Xbox is that they would repeat the same name basically, even though it was an entirely new console. I was hoping it would be an entirely new name. Another thing that sucks about this is that lot of people who know nothing about Wii U, assume this will be exactly like the Wii.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not a big deal to me, because at the end of the day...you want to see the consoles perform. Besides, keeping a similar name ensures brand recognition. If Nintendo has any chance of luring the casuals again, they are better off sticking the name "Wii" in their console compared to something else.

finalark

SNORLAX
Nintendo Entertainment System --> Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Game Boy --> Game Boy Pocket --> Game Boy Color --> Game Boy Advance.

That is all.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Nintendo Entertainment System --> Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

Game Boy --> Game Boy Pocket --> Game Boy Color --> Game Boy Advance.

That is all.
DS, DS XL, and DSi as well before even the 3DS.

Top Bottom