• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I find a little irritating the my friends keep saying, "oh dude, you shouldn't buy it, or at least, not buy it yet because it had a short amount of ram".

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
. Also, be sure to pay attention to e3 this year for more news on Wii U and the whatnot.
Yea, I can't wait for E3 this year. What are you guys hoping for the most this year? I'm hoping they will announce Starfox Wii U and possibly F-zero Wii U but I doubt the F-zero Wii U will be announced yet.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For e3, I just want to hear what Nintendo has planned for us and the Wii U.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Same. I want ssb4 to get to its competitive scene, I really wonder how it'll be.
Yea that will be interesting to see how the competitive scene works out for Sm4sh. Lot of people are saying it just won't be as competitive as Brawl or Melee.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well with no GC controller available (at this moment), I think the main use of controls will become either the wii mote+ nunchuk or classic controller. Though there may be that problem with interference if you go to a tourny hosting other games.

John2k4

The End of an Era
The slate/tablet one?

It's be neat to put Smash info out to the screen of it, or a second camera of sorts. :cool:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think people will most likely use the Classic controller, as that is the closest thing to the GC. I use Classic controller myself, and it works flawlessly. In fact, I think it works better than the GC one.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think people will most likely use the Classic controller, as that is the closest thing to the GC. I use Classic controller myself, and it works flawlessly. In fact, I think it works better than the GC one.
Lol, I think Classic controller is awful.
Well I figure the tablet would still cause or may lead to interference.
Maybe we will be able to use multiple tablets on the same Wii U. Its just that you will only get one that comes with the system.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Its just that you will only get one that comes with the system.
And replacement/extra ones will cost an arm and a leg. =(

I don't think there will be any third party U controllers for quite a while, either.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I forgot how the CC works. It's still connected to the wii mote right? It's just that I have known people who use the wiimote + nunchuk at tournies that have either other games going on, or just some sort of interference that can screw them over.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Cc pro sucks. I would get a cc controler with the style of a gamecube controller though.
Yea, hopefully Nintendo could make a Gamecube style controller that would connect to the Wii Mote but I doubt they will do that.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Nyko's the main one that made third party Wiimotes, right?

The only issue would be hardware support - you can re-arrange buttons to your hearts content, but you can't add more.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, well I have the original Classic Controller, not that Pro bs, which is why it is so great. And yes, interference is always a problem, but welcome to the age in which people prefer wireless more than wired. (I myself prefer wired, but I knew Wii U wouldn't support the GC controller, which is why I got used to the Classic.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I prefer wired, if nothing else because I hate buying all those batteries

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Maybe we will be able to use multiple tablets on the same Wii U. Its just that you will only get one that comes with the system.
I'd be super shocked if they actually can have more than one hook up. I even remember them saying on announcement that only one can be used.

Plus, I imagine extras will be expensive. The iPad cost to make is $120 or $180. The Wii U's tablet won't be as deep as the iPad, but I can't imagine it being extremely cheap to make either. So, unless Nintendo sells it at a loss, that could be a really expensive add-on.

I learned my lesson with the Wii. I spent a slight bit extra to get it as soon as humanly possible. I sold it about a year ago, and I haven't missed it at all. I'll give the Wii U a year or two before I consider it at all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, now that I think about it. The article I linked about the production costs of the Wii U...was not sure if they included the specs for the Tablet. The overall profit was 50 dollars I believe per console.

yani

Smash Lord
I'd be super shocked if they actually can have more than one hook up. I even remember them saying on announcement that only one can be used.
After the feedback from e3, they know they have to get two tablets to work, but four is unlikely. While it isn't confirmed, I'm sure we'll see two tablets working at e3 :bee:

source

John2k4

The End of an Era
There's all sorts of limiting factors for having multiple tablets going at once. The main things I'm seeing are:

Bandwith: I don't know whether Nintendo's going to use the new Bluetooth specs for these, or use their own proprietary wireless interface.

Graphics Processing: Each tablet is like a second monitor on a computer; it would require a large amount of graphics power to support just two tablets.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I didn't spend extra on the rechargeable backplate battery packs, just used good ol' rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. :b:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
lol, They were only $10 a pop. Not bad, and they still hold their charge well.

John2k4

The End of an Era
~15$ a pop for a pack of 20 NiMH AA's on eBay. :b:

--

Wii U controller going to accept AA's? I hope so.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I waited in line at walmart for over 10 hours to get my Wii, I cannot wait to do it again for the Wii U.

The guy in the front of the line had a bed-sack thing set up inside that he was sleeping in. I shall learn from his technique.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I really wish Nintendo would include the option to plug controllers into the console. I hate the "wireless revolution".

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
No way in hell I'm waiting for the Wii U. Gonna just wait the Wii U out a bit until the fever dies down.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not waiting either. During that time I'm just gonna buy a ton of used Wii games and play those until you don't have to wait in a big *** line just to buy the console.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What happen to "reserving" it and picking it up later in the day with no rush?

And I figure the tablet will be a lithium ion rechargeable.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Unless SSB4 comes out relatively close to the launch date of the Wii U, I won't be buying when it's released.

Yes, I'm buying another Nintendo home console just for Smash :awesome:

Unless there's some pretty good launch titles.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But it is a fun experience! Besides, I am a Nintendo gamer, the Wii only has the Rainfall to tide over the final drought until the next system is released with new games. I doubt the 3DS would fill in that gap of waiting for the Wii U initial hype to die down. Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario (whenever that comes out) probably won't last that long.

As for reserving, I'm not sure. For some reason it wasn't handled that way, it was apparently first come first serve. Good thing I got it when I did, after that day I never saw a Wii in stores for a good period after that.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I'm most likely try to get three Wii-U, two for myself and sell the other one for a lot of money. >=3

☯ Oh and just got Xenoblade Chronicles as a birthday gift. =D

Top Bottom