• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
[glow]Smash Bros. 4??[/glow]
That and Rayman Legends. :)
Maybe if I didn't play Sunshine after the other 3D console Marios I would appreciate it more but meh...
You probably would have. I was blown away by Galaxy.

Super Mario Sunshine is the only Super Mario platformer that I do not own, but I used to rent it. Oh gawd, I used to love it, all the secret coins and secret passages that would lead me to those crazy levels with rotating cubes and platforms. So fun! :)
Definitely. I had really low expectations for the game when it came out, but when I fought Petey Piranha in the demo at Target I had to get it.
How fun was Rayman Origins, and is it a must-buy Wii platformer? That Legends looks... wow.
Rayman Origins was very, very fun. Great to look at and play on any system, but extremely hard. I'd say its a must-buy Wii platformer and its very enjoyable. It can be quite funny and/or quite beautiful.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow] I will never understand why Sunshine was hated as much as it was. So what if it you didn't have to use completely traditional 3d Mario gameplay throughout the whole game, at least they mixed it up. Not every Mario game has to be so similiar to each other. I loved the FLUDD and thought it was very fun to use.[/glow]

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just bought a used version of it just now on ebay for 20 bucks. XD I hope it is worth it! Trusting your guys' words on this.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I didn't like FLUDD, not because it was different, but because it simply wasn't fun. Spraying stuff with a hose to clean it is not fun to me, that's what I do at work. I also had plenty of camera issues in Sunshine, far more than any other 3D game since.
Parts of the game are really fun, but overall I think it's a pretty weak Mario game considering everything else that's come out. It's about Mario 3D Land level for me. Definitely worth a play but it didn't really grab me in the way that SM64 and the Galaxy games did.

UberMario

Smash Master
The only thing that I didn't like about Super Mario Sunshine was the lack of levels. However, their sheer size made up for that. (Well, Yoshi melting in water and not being able to go through portals also didn't make sense at all. It felt like a rushed attempt to not program the interactiosn of enemie with him or having to program water interaction while riding.)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]Walmart thinks Wii U will be 349$ You guys think this is a reasonable price? I would say it is.[/glow]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I mind is when the PS3 was like $750.

$350 ain't going to be a problem

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I refuse to watch that video, I am afraid I'll start crying.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 heavilly hinted for Wii U release

A portion of a PressFire interview with Treyarch boss Mark Lamia...

PressFire: Do you have a release date?

Lamia: November 13th

PressFire: That's around the same time as the Wii U launch, isn’t it?

Lamia: (smirks) It is... That’s what I hear, rumor-wise. I don’t think they’ve announced a launch date for the Wii U though?

PressFire: They said before christmas? But that overwatch mode, on the Wii U pad ...it seems kind of obvious?

Lamia: (laughs) Do you want a job in game design?

PressFire: (laughs) So is there a Wii U version coming?

Lamia: Ah! We’re not.. we’re only talking about the other platforms at this time.

PressFire: I know.

Lamia: But here’s what I can tell you: Treyarch has a long tradition of working on the Nintendo platforms. A long tradition.

PressFire: That’s right, you did the Wii versions of the Modern Warfare games.

Lamia: Uh huh, and the Wii versions of all our Call of Duty titles. And we made the GameCube version of Big Red One. And the Wii version of Spiderman Web of Shadows. We have a lot of experience on the Wii and on the Nintendo platforms. So yeah, we enjoy the Nintendo Wii. We enjoy working on that.

Thanks to Jason for the heads up!
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176593

Well the casual gamers/FPS nuts will be happy so far with the Wii U. lol

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I would probably say that too if it weren't for the Wii ports of Modern Warfare 1 and 3 and the first Black Ops
The Wii U version will be like the 360 and ps3 versions though. It will have the online system and the graphics. The Wii didn't have either.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well hold on a second. Just cause CoD would be coming to Wii U, doesn't mean it's all a good thing. I get the feeling a lot of people are still hesitant about the controls compared to what the 360 or PS3 offer.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well hold on a second. Just cause CoD would be coming to Wii U, doesn't mean it's all a good thing. I get the feeling a lot of people are still hesitant about the controls compared to what the 360 or PS3 offer.
I agree with the controls for the most part, but the Wii U tablet may work well with the dual analog sticks. the built in gyroscope controls may be the idea that will discourage people who love the ps3 and 360 controls from getting that version. i think it could be interesting to see the gyroscope controls though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wouldn't really be as much of an issue if WiiU could use ****ing GC controllers.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If CoD comes to the Wii U the best thing to use would probably be the CC Pro. Also gyroscope in CoD would probably be horrible (especially in multiplayer).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I find Classy Pro better than GC controller for Smashbros... or most games I play despite me playing GC controller a lot in the past. Non Pro is debatable.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I never enjoyed using GC controllers for any FPS games on the GC/Wii. When playing Goldeneye, I'd just prefer the wiimote + nunchuck after I calibrated the sensitivity.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Do the L and R button of the Classic Controller Pro have the analog function of the GC controller? Or are they just digital buttons? IMO one of the things I love about GC controllers are those analog buttons, specially for playing SSBM, gotta love getting the maximum out of your shields!

Anyway, I still want a Yoshi's Island game for Wii-U, that will look so gorgeous. :love:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
c'mon man the Gamecube is eleven years old, let's move on. are we supposed to use GC controllers forever?

It's GC controllers all the way down?
It's a hell of a lot better than using motion or 3rd party controllers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
c'mon man the Gamecube is eleven years old, let's move on. are we supposed to use GC controllers forever?

It's GC controllers all the way down?
Even though the GC controller is like 10 years old already, you can't change the fact that apparently it has a hell of an amazing button position and is better for fighters and most other games than the WiiMote+Nunchuk or the Classic Controller or some other 3rd party controller

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Classic Controller isn't bad at all, it is just as good as the Gamecube controller. I used to think it was **** until I had to buy the family black Wii to replace my old white Wii, and come to find out it doesn't have gamecube controller slots, I had to use the CC. In just a few days I was Brawling like I always was.

Top Bottom