• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why "splitting" in tournaments should not be allowed

Wuss

Smash Champion
omni: I think that guy is just trying to say that the tournament organizers withold the right to make the players play a final because he thinks that it could bring more people back if they know there will be a great final match. I agree with everything you said, but you have to see this as true. I mean the TO is fricking running the tournament, and what he says goes. I disagree with this rule being implemented everywhere and making it a standard rule, but TO's should definitely have the right to force a finals match.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same thing, but really splitting is good. Deciding to split during a tournament is just wrong.

DECIDE ON SPLITTING AFTER THE TOURNEY!

There. Problem solved. Too lazy to keep up with this thread so someone else defend my point if its challenged.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I was thinking the same thing, but really splitting is good. Deciding to split during a tournament is just wrong.

There. Problem solved. Too lazy to keep up with this thread so someone else defend my point if its challenged.
lolwut?

runner up: hey buddy lets split the money
winner: no **** you

chaddd

Smash Lord
First of all, you're talking about Brawl, so this whole thread is void. Second, it doesn't seem to me as though you've split all that many 1st place prizes in your Smash career, so why are you b*tching?

Lastly, who splits with who is their business. Sometimes I just don't feel like playing against my friend and would rather us both profit equally because I actually give a sh*t about other people's situations.

The fact that you wrote so much about something so meaningless and stupid is just proof that you're mad about something else entirely. Probably not being the one winning. Give it a rest, for real.

Really? Seriously? Apparently you all think top players split to ease the pressure during finals or something. But I don't know a single person that would be okay with saying nothing about splitting before finals, winning the tournament, and then agreeing to give up hundreds of dollars AFTER they clearly just earned it all under the circumstances.

So far, no one has responded to this statement.
I believe what you said is absolutely correct.

I am so f*cking sick of every scrub and their grandmothers b*tching to me about how I should be doing this or saying that, or censoring myself for this reason. And I'm especially sick of hearing the bottom 20 placements at the tournament telling me how they feel cheated out of watching me play my matches.

I play the game to make money while having fun. I don't owe anyone anything just because I win. And it's always funny how those who feel cheated out of watching finals or "serious" finals are always the same people who are no where to be found during any of the same 1st and 2nd place players' pools or brackets matches.

omni: I think that guy is just trying to say that the tournament organizers withold the right to make the players play a final because he thinks that it could bring more people back if they know there will be a great final match. I agree with everything you said, but you have to see this as true. I mean the TO is fricking running the tournament, and what he says goes. I disagree with this rule being implemented everywhere and making it a standard rule, but TO's should definitely have the right to force a finals match.
That's a load of sh*t.

If a tournament director tried to "withhold the right" to make me play my finals match against someone who was my friend and I wanted to split with, I'd very obviously just Pichu ditto who ever I was supposed to play. I'd then wait for the timer to run out for a tie until the f*ck of a tournament director told us it was cool and that we should just split already rather than subject the entire tournament to hanging around past 2 in the morning watching 8 minute long eventless ties.

Telling me I can't split money with my friends when we have both clearly earned it is like trying to tell me that the TO can tell me where to spend my winnings. There's loopholes for every garbage rule ever made, so good f*cking luck, dude.

Basically what I'm saying, is even if a tournament director was somehow able to put that rule in his tournament, and somehow still able to get people to come to it, how in the world do you think he could ever enforce it?

Thread over.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
i am sorry but using subjective terms such as "epic" doesn't make your argument any stronger considering not everyone wants to see player x vs player y.

why the hell should I have to do something after I get first place? everyone else should shut the hell up and go home and stop telling me what to do with the lunch money they gave me

people who didn't win aren't entitled to anything lol are you serious, you earn your prize, this isn't preschool with some consolation prize for "participating" or some bs. congratulations, you didn't win, now go home or play friendlies and stop telling me what to do with the money you didn't win. a tournament organizer is supposed to help a tournament run smoothly and efficiently, everything else is done by the players. The only people entitled to anything are the people who score in the money.
dude, I just basically was repeating everything that he said at that part. I wouldn't expect you to read my post in depth because of my post count (and really I don't care), but I thought you would have read his.

He used the word epic, I repeated what he stated almost to the word.

his argument isn't stronger because of its inclusion.
Whoopty-doo.
That wasn't my point in the slightest.

And you
You could have just as easily said "I don't think you deserve anything other than to play your matches, personally" instead of something that made is seem like it is the law, and not your oppinion.

And making references to 'preschool' in an attempt to draw substance to your logic.. : / reallllly?

"I personally do not believe that people should deserve anything except the games they play"
vs
"you earn your prize, this isn't preschool with some consolation prize for "participating" or some bs."

Honestly, I don't think it is something that needs to be enforced, but if alot people are being really lame about it, then it could be up to the TO.

And this isn't part of my argument, just something you should clarify: You didn't get first. You might have, but thats not the issue.

Wuss said:
omni: I think that guy is just trying to say that the tournament organizers withold the right to make the players play a final because he thinks that it could bring more people back if they know there will be a great final match. I agree with everything you said, but you have to see this as true....(etc)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
First of all, you're talking about Brawl, so this whole thread is void. Second, it doesn't seem to me as though you've split all that many 1st place prizes in your Smash career, so why are you b*tching?

Lastly, who splits with who is their business. Sometimes I just don't feel like playing against my friend and would rather us both profit equally because I actually give a sh*t about other people's situations.

The fact that you wrote so much about something so meaningless and stupid is just proof that you're mad about something else entirely. Probably not being the one winning. Give it a rest, for real.
First of all, I'm talking about both Melee and Brawl, hence this being in "tournament discussion." Second, no I have never split in my Smash career. Why am I "*****ing" do you ask? Hmm. Let's define "*****ing* shall we? Since there's no definition for it in the dictionary, I'll just use an example.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208289

Done reading? Ok.

*AHEM*

How the ****, are you going to come into this thread, and tell me that I'M *****ing, when you made an entire thread crying about getting an infraction.

Wow. You have absolutely no right whatsoever to go into ANY thread on Smashboards and tell ANYONE that they are *****ing after you made that thread. Go back and read through this thread, notice how regardless of one's stance on the issue, there is intelligent discussion going on here. You see, this is because I have brought up a real issue that people in the community care about. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the people agree with me anyways, so unlike what you think, this is the farthest thing from *****ing.

And I have a solution for that little thread you made. Don't post stupid **** and you won't get infractions.

Did you really need to make a thread about that?

Really? Seriously? Apparently you all think top players split to ease the pressure during finals or something. But I don't know a single person that would be okay with saying nothing about splitting before finals, winning the tournament, and then agreeing to give up hundreds of dollars AFTER they clearly just earned it all under the circumstances.
Yes, you are correct. Winning Grand Finals is definitely earning the money under all circumstances. It is in fact the ONLY true way to earn the money. I'm glad we both agree on that.

I believe what you said is absolutely correct.
If by what you meant to say was "InfernoOmni is an amazing, intelligent poster," then I agree. If you meant what you actually said than I can assure you that your beliefs are incorrect, because what Omni posted was his opinion, and no opinion can be absolutely correct.

I am so f*cking sick of every scrub and their grandmothers b*tching to me about how I should be doing this or saying that, or censoring myself for this reason. And I'm especially sick of hearing the bottom 20 placements at the tournament telling me how they feel cheated out of watching me play my matches.

I play the game to make money while having fun. I don't owe anyone anything just because I win. And it's always funny how those who feel cheated out of watching finals or "serious" finals are always the same people who are no where to be found during any of the same 1st and 2nd place players' pools or brackets matches.
You can be sick of whatever you want to be sick about. Instead of *****ing about it, why didn't you create a thread and post logical explanations as to why you think people shouldn't worry about splitting? That's a whole lot better than

"I am so f*cking sick of every scrub and their grandmothers b*tching to me about how I should be doing this or saying that, or censoring myself for blah blah blah I know I'm going to get an infraction for dodging censors but I'm just going to post anyways because well idk why really maybe I'm just not thinking. I'll do it again too."

That's a load of sh*t.[/QUOTE[

Wow dude. You made an ENTIRE THREAD complaining about getting infractions. Do you really not know the rules of Smashboards?? There are stickies explaining them in EVERY forum you go into.

Use your head.

Oh and the whole "I don't owe anyone anything" part. Technically, you are correct. Excuse some of us though for appreciating the fact that the TO is GIVING US AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE ANY KIND OF MONEY AT ALL. That's more than enough incentive for me to play out a Grand Finals match. Other reasons why I play out Grand Finals matches.

*I have respect for people that stayed late to watch my matches for entertainment.
*I have respect for people that stayed late to try and learn from my matches.
*I want whoever actually deserves the money to get it, not the person who would have been second place.
*I realize that this is a competition, not a lil get together with a pot and friends to manipulate it.
*Some of my morals stem from the values that are competition, improvement, fairness. These are all more than enough incentive for me to play out every match, including Grand Finals.

If a tournament director tried to "withhold the right" to make me play my finals match against someone who was my friend and I wanted to split with, I'd very obviously just Pichu ditto who ever I was supposed to play. I'd then wait for the timer to run out for a tie until the f*ck of a tournament director told us it was cool and that we should just split already rather than subject the entire tournament to hanging around past 2 in the morning watching 8 minute long eventless ties.
You have a lot of respect for people.

Telling me I can't split money with my friends when we have both clearly earned it is like trying to tell me that the TO can tell me where to spend my winnings. There's loopholes for every garbage rule ever made, so good f*cking luck, dude.

Basically what I'm saying, is even if a tournament director was somehow able to put that rule in his tournament, and somehow still able to get people to come to it, how in the world do you think he could ever enforce it?

Thread over.
Not really, you're just terrible at posting.

Sorry if I came off as rude or disrespectful. I just get annoyed when people come into threads all gung ho, dodging censors and acting ********.

Let me point out that the real cost of splitting is that the professional leagues will never take a game seriously when its top players are colluding. I don't think we ever really recovered with MLG (though there are other reasons there) after they found out that Chu and Ken were just screwing around and playing out the finals match with alts. I cannot begin to tell you how bad that was for the game.

You can say players' rights all you want, and you're right. You can say it's unenforceable, and that's mostly right. But in the end, the real cost is the aura of professionalism. Professional gaming will not take off so long as a splitsies mentality is present. No one wants to watch a match where players are not trying their hardest.
The fact is, technically no one HAS to do anything. You can just go and forfeit every match if you want. You can do whatever you want in tournaments.

That doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, or it will have ANY sort of positive effect on anything related to Smash tournaments in the future.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
PC Chris could have still agreed to split with KoreanDJ and they could have done it outside of the tournament, lol.

Chaddd is right about such a rule being unenforcable.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I agree that it's technically unenforceable, and impossible to force anyone to actually agree by it if they really want to split that badly.

We can enforce it as strictly as possible though, lowering the percentage of people who split by a lot.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Splitting is not a bad thing. U can't force M2K and DSF 2 fight each other and stress themselves out for us. Sure I'd love to see that match up. But those 2 are not mere monkeys that fight for my amusement. Enforcing the prevention of spliting is pointless. Cuz Ur merely playing with people's money. If it comes down to it 2 people can play a finals match and STILL split the money under their own terms without people even knowing. This is just a silly petty arguement, discussion, conversation, topic or whatever the heck this is. I'm up for the competitive lifestyle and I feel like M2K and DSF stepped on my balls rather than fullfilling the wet dream match of the year. But then again we saw AZEN and DSF fight. So why can't people just B happy.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Honestly, if U have that much of a problem with splitting, beat the people that do it. That is my goal. Even tho I have a long way to go B4 I can beat M2K myself, I'll look forward to the day when I can. yeah thats right M2K, I'm comin 4 U!!! (LOLZ)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
And you
You could have just as easily said "I don't think you deserve anything other than to play your matches, personally" instead of something that made is seem like it is the law, and not your oppinion.

And making references to 'preschool' in an attempt to draw substance to your logic.. : / reallllly?

"I personally do not believe that people should deserve anything except the games they play"
vs
"you earn your prize, this isn't preschool with some consolation prize for "participating" or some bs."

Honestly, I don't think it is something that needs to be enforced, but if alot people are being really lame about it, then it could be up to the TO.

And this isn't part of my argument, just something you should clarify: You didn't get first. You might have, but thats not the issue.
no crap it's my opinion. who else's would it be, your uncle's opinion?

since you seem to lack the ability to actual refute the substance of my argument and instead intend to just pick at syntax and other little dumb nitpicky bull****

your oppinion
totally wrong spelling

reallllly
far too many "l"s

B_AWAL

Smash Master
2 B honest, it wouldn't be fair to restrict people from splitting pots. Although for the sake of the game it would be best if the competitors fought it out so MLG would respect the game more. However I still side with my other comment, which was if U had a problem, beat the people who cause that problem. Me personally, I 'll do my best to work towards that goal :-)

O and 4 the record...Grass Pokemon are always picked in the beginning ftw!!! (ever since Blue and Red<Blue was better>)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I read the entire thread and honestly I feel netrual about it JesiahTEG's point of view about splitting is bad because it messes up stuff like the grand finals and the part about being forced to split but some of the other smashers make a good point ex: Split with your friend and do it when no one is around so people get excited about a match but I honestly I think tournaments as a place to get exp. and to meet new people but it will be nice to get money and trophies etc. but mostly tournaments are for the thrill of competion but if you guys don't like this post that's fine with me I hold no grudges.

chaddd

Smash Lord
scrub scrub scrub scrub
Well put, except for the fact that your points lead no where. Just because you picked apart my post and found a way to idiotically disagree with every point made doesn't make you look cool or smart, it actually makes you look ********. I also can't believe you actually researched my old threads to make a point that was totally meaningless one way or the other in this disagreement.

And posting a picture of PC winning that big check? Are you kidding? Him and KDJ could have gone double MewTwo in spite of people just like you.

I'm not sure where this sense of entitlement comes from, but it's pathetic. You don't deserve anything from top players, and believe it or not, but how I feel about complete strangers that have the balls to b*tch at me for my own personal choices never caused me to lose sleep at night.

Quit being such a crybaby.

Also, no amount of crying makes my post any less articulate, a concept I'm sure you're not familiar with.

On another note, that "little thread of mine" that you for some reason researched to bring up pointlessly, was about the banning of almost half the Pacific West forums, a good 6th of the Atlantic South Forums, and about 6 infractions I'd recieved in the past 4 days for things like "double posting". SO PLEASE, if you're going to bring up dumb sh*t, and least know what the f*ck you're talking about.

You realize this all comes down to a futile attempt to enforce non existent rules that are actually impossible to enforce? Every post you post after this point proves that you are ignoring this fact and remain hardheaded about your own desire for your opinion to be right, a point which you stated is impossible since it's your own.

And the idea that you actually feel you can go anywhere with this point is assenine.

"NEXT TOURNAMENT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY YOUR SECONDARIES IN FINALS. WE WANT GOOD MATCHES HERE PEOPLE SO YOU MUST USE THE CHARACTER I SELECT FOR YOU TO INSURE THAT WE GET TO SEE A GOOD MATCH."

Believe it or not, but no one owes you anything because they beat you at Smash Brothers. I know it's hard to come to terms with.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I believe people are working backwards. Let me see if I can summarize this:

Those Who Oppose Splitting
People dislike "splitting" because it normally results in finals that are either not played out, or played out in a silly fashion (Pikachu vs. Young Link). Splitting, according to the majority here, makes grand finals less enjoyable to the players who came to the tournament, competed, and wish to see a smash match played at its finest. Simply put, it is the respectable thing to do to make the smash community better.

The truth is splitting, sandbagging, and forfeiting matches to manipulate brackets is strategy. You can't take these strategies away from players because you can't enforce them. Still, anyone who plays the game to win money will use these strategies if necessary, and I don't think they should be penalized or frowned upon. Ultimately, everyone needs to understand that people approach this game differently and there is no right or wrong way.

What is important is to respect everyone's approach and come to an agreement that everyone is entitled to play however they choose.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Jesiah the only way to do it is to just tell the people to play hard. That's the only way. Be like "Dude, be your mains, please, do an actual set?". Start booing them, or whatever, you have to shame them into playing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Teg 1 - Chad 2
When did Teg score again? :p

I feel the need to post some stuff in here cause I don't feel like it's really been addressed enough.

1. STOP WITH THE SPORTS ANALOGIES
Guess what? All the players on both teams in the super bowl already are making 6 figures whether or not they win or not. It's a career and they're gonna get theirs one way or another. In smash, you don't make money regardless. You make money by winning. So when you get to the finals and 1st place is getting $140 and 2nd place is getting $40, a split of $90 each ensures that both of them go home with a sense of not wasting the day for a paltry $40 and encourages them to stay on top of their game to be able to do it again (rather than the slightly weaker of the two slowly start to question why the hell he plays this game). If you want the "pros" to owe something to the rest of the community, you need to compensate them regardless and have them play for something that's not their livelyhood, because people don't gamble with their livelyhood.

2. 70/20/10 IS STUPID
In that above example, that's a $200 pot at a 70/20/10 split. You can look at the finals in that case as giving both players $90 and saying "PLAY A $50 MONEY MATCH!" You can say that TOs have the right to do that all they want, but the fact of the matter is that people are much more likely to split when it's such a large portion of the winnings rather than say, a 55/35/10 split. That would make $110 for 1st place and $70 for 2nd, it's now a $20 MM that they're playing, which is a lot more reasonable for making it worth both their whiles. Ultimately, I'm really in favor of more balanced pot break-downs to make it less about getting 1st and more about jostling for all the spots through 4th/5thish.

Basically, there's no way to stop splitting, if people want to do it, they will. But if it's really that big a deal, you need to stop with the winner-take-all mentality and/or attach rewards that can't be split (and no, checks are stupid, people will still split, it will just be more of a pain. I'm talking about pride, trophies, points in a circuit, etc.).

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Pretty much thats it. theres is nothing else U can do beside make it dishonorable for them to not play it out. It's a free country. People can do as they wish. But this discussion is pointless cuz the only thing U can do is SHAME people... Thats it... leave it at that and move on with life. Anyways.... I swear I though DSF mained Snake!!! Ad who does Ninja Link Main???

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
no crap it's my opinion. who else's would it be, your uncle's opinion?

since you seem to lack the ability to actual refute the substance of my argument and instead intend to just pick at syntax and other little dumb nitpicky bull****

totally wrong spelling

far too many "l"s
I didn't need to refute it,
its just your opinion (with 1 less p!!!!1!!!),
It adds nothing for or against my 'argument' which was:

The fact that the people in charge of making the rules for a tournament, can make rules for the tournament, namely by specifying what rights players may have.

Yes. go back. read everything I said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Quotes Omni]

[makes a joke, pointing out to Omni that even he gave players more rights than 'playing their entitled games']

[Points out that omni didn't 'win' the thread like he thought he did, he merely posted what rights he thought players should be given: 1) To play the matches they are entitled to 2) to split if they feel like they have the need.]

[says that it is the TOs who have the power to choose what rules they host]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where in that did I say that you shouldn't be able to split? I said that if it is too much of an uproar, then there are steps a TO can take to minimalize splitting.

Umbreon posted many reasons that splitting can be a good thing,

To Omni, your most recent post is completely true, that is definitely the two sides. However, I think there are some measures that could be taken, even if not entirely effective.

And correct me if I am wrong, but no one really addressed the issue of Smash not being able to be taken seriously
with splitting involved, by the MLG

EDIT:
and I completely agree with this:

2. 70/20/10 IS STUPID
In that above example, that's a $200 pot at a 70/20/10 split. You can look at the finals in that case as giving both players $90 and saying "PLAY A $50 MONEY MATCH!" You can say that TOs have the right to do that all they want, but the fact of the matter is that people are much more likely to split when it's such a large portion of the winnings rather than say, a 55/35/10 split.

Foxy

Smash Master
Splitting happens.

It's a disappointment when it happens for people who want to watch a good final set.

People who split have their reasons.

It happens.

NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

The last tournament I was at, two of the best players in the state played two sets of very exciting grand finals matches that were quite close. The best thing about it is that one of them (Dr. PP) is always motivated to improve and play better, so obviously he isn't the kind to split and he always tries his best in finals. He lost, but it was an awesome set and the two or three people watching had a good time.

But seriously. I feel that anti-splitters here are romanticizing smash tournaments. Sure, for the scrubs there it's real exciting to watch the finals, but at most local tourneys very few folks are still around or in the room at that point and everyone is tired and already had a good time. You'd always like to see them play it out and still have that desire to beat their opponent, but that competitive attitude and community/tournament theory exists only outside the event, on Smashboards or in conversation.

We've all been to tournaments and we all know that their really not that serious and people enjoy themselves. Nobody is actually heartbroken to not see the finals played.

tl;dr: Splitting happens, some people dislike it, deal with it.

massi4h

Smash Rookie
I haven't read through this whole thread, but if I was in a grand final for a smash tournament and I agreed to split (I may depending on whatever money factors are applied), I'd still try as hard as I can to win. Just cause I have money its still far more satisfactory to be crowned the champion as well. Surely anyone who wins still has more glory than 2nd place, so I wouldn't mess around and purposely come second.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm not even competing with Chaddd really. He had some valid points that I even acknowledged. He's just acting like his opinion is law, and telling everyone to stop crying or w/e he thinks it is. Excuse me for bringing up an issue that a lot of people do indeed care about. I also find it hypocritical to tell me to stop complaining when he made an ENTIRE THREAD complaining about getting infractions. Don't post stupid ****. Simple.

Ok, you got an infraction for double posting. Don't do it.

Also, I only brought that thread up because it was recent in the Staffer Shack. Like I said, I don't even dislike Chaddd as I've never met him in person and people are really different online than in person, so no beef...But that doesn't mean he can just come in and tell everyone to stop *****ing.

You have valid points, but you're absolutely terrible at talking about them.

Also as for the scrub part, I'd definitely beat you in Brawl, and maybe Melee too.

Hax

Smash Champion
jesiah, weren't you a mod as of like, yesterday..? thank god they got rid of you

ps me and chaddd are on the EXACT same page.

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also why is this thread filled with so many f@gs whose arguments consist of stuff that can only be said on the internet? posting pictures, pointing out spelling errors (lord yawgmoth is pretty pathetic at arguing), asking the other side to define "*****" because it isn't in the dictionary!? LOL. people, it's not just that the brawl noobs suck at brawl, they're boring people in general

Hax

Smash Champion
okay hold on i just lol'd. get at jesiah telling people they're inarticulate when he's the one arguing with pictures LMAO

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
jesiah, weren't you a mod as of like, yesterday..? thank god they got rid of you
How have I done anything bad that a mod would do?

I'm actually a good mod to the boards I mod. You're the first person to tell me I'm not.

Anyways, I apologize if I came off rude or rash or anything. I'm really not like that ever, something about Chaddd's post just got to me though.

Also, I have a request. People that are just going to bash on other people in these threads, please don't post. It's really pointless. It was pointless to go and insult Chaddd too, I'll admit. I'm stopping, and we should get back on track. Chaddd if you have anything to add please do it in a logical fashion.

Also on a side note, I'm actually really good at Melee, a lot of people just don't know though since I got pretty good really late. *shrugs*

pockyD

Smash Legend
just because his post was loaded with emotion doesn't mean it wasn't simultaneously logical

and yes, bringing up an unrelated post from a different forum and trying to assault his character was far more counter-productive than anything else already being said

Ryan-K

Smash Master
no kidding noone would tell you you do a bad job, noone talks **** to mods because you get like 2 points for "disrespecting forum leaders" or something like that

Hax

Smash Champion
just because his post was loaded with emotion doesn't mean it wasn't simultaneously logical

and yes, bringing up an unrelated post from a different forum and trying to assault his character was far more counter-productive than anything else already being said
his new post sucked, its just that i dont like grilling people when they're down like that. plus he hasn't money matched me in melee yet, i think that'll do the trick.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes it did, but it was a response to "JesiahTEG" egging him on with a personal attack. They're both at fault

anyway, why isn't winning 1st as prestigious as it used to be?

Omni

BRoomer
[Quotes Omni]

[makes a joke, pointing out to Omni that even he gave players more rights than 'playing their entitled games']

[Points out that omni didn't 'win' the thread like he thought he did, he merely posted what rights he thought players should be given: 1) To play the matches they are entitled to 2) to split if they feel like they have the need.]
You do realize I didn't respond to your post not because you made a point but because of the lack thereof, right?

I didn't give anyone anything. I said the only thing players are entitled to is competing for a pot. Splitting is a way to compete for the pot. I wasn't aware I had to break that down for you. Also, rights aren't given. They are understood and then accepted by the player.

Oh, I did "win" the thread like I thought I did. My statements have been solid, accurate, and logical while also being the least refutable hence the lack of direct replies after it was made. After all, nearly everything I've said has been fact.

And before you decide to scan through my posts and look for every statement I have made that has been an opinion, pay attention to the keyword "nearly".

pockyD

Smash Legend
You do realize I didn't respond to your post not because you made a point but because of the lack thereof, right?

I didn't give anyone anything. I said the only thing players are entitled to is competing for a pot. Splitting is a way to compete for the pot. I wasn't aware I had to break that down for you. Also, rights aren't given. They are understood and then accepted by the player.

Oh, I did "win" the thread like I thought I did. My statements have been solid, accurate, and logical while also being the least refutable hence the lack of direct replies after it was made. After all, nearly everything I've said has been fact.

And before you decide to scan through my posts and look for every statement I have made that has been an opinion, pay attention to the keyword "nearly".
The organizer is well within his rights to force a play-out instead of handling the split for the players. However, he/she has no real way to enforce a "legitimate" match, so such a thing can't really be expected. If they want to do pichu dittos, so be it, but when you enter the tournament, you agree to play for the pot by the organizer's rules.

Omni

BRoomer
The organizer is well within his rights to force a play-out instead of handling the split for the players. However, he/she has no real way to enforce a "legitimate" match, so such a thing can't really be expected. If they want to do pichu dittos, so be it, but when you enter the tournament, you agree to play for the pot by the organizer's rules.
I haven't said anything opposing this.

Top Bottom