• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people think FD should be a CP?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, i think that FD is one of the best stages, but its not better than Battlefield...

HelpR

Smash Ace
well, most people do make the argument that putting back PS and another stage into neutrals would actually help out alot as far as ice climbers and diddy are concerned. Only problem is that PS is as close to neutral as the CPs get, and delfino can hardly be called neutral.

FD COULD be considered a CP, if you have one of the most flexible definitions of CP, but it's nowhere near as intrusive as let's say, lylat, and if we were to cut FD out, we'd need to cut out one of the other 4 stages, putting yoshi's and lylat on the chopping block. Unfortunately, the implication here is that the result of stage striking against falco and ICs would almost always be

falco/IC: I ban yoshi/lylat
you: I ban FD
lol smashville.

so, same result more or less. Only way that it would tip away from the favor of these two character (and really, any characters with projectiles) is to add 2 more stages, but then the whole matter of which two stages come to mind, PS is the obvious choice, but the 7th should be...

HelpR

Smash Ace
it'd be the only stage with hazards. and while people would say that they're mostly easy to avoid, just look at the match that ksizzle and ally had on halberd, and how deeply it affected the result of the match.

I honestly think delfino is a better choice, as the times it leans in favor of certain characters tends to be brief. only problem is that it's an awesome MK stage.

yay for over centralized metagames

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah but it's a fair stage. It doesn't favor many characters, and the hazards it does have are pretty avoidable, despite the results of a few matches. It's definitely more neutral than delfino, since delfino has water, walk off ledges, and multiple walls, and gives a few characters a pretty good advantage.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Only hazard i know of is the anvil edge <.<

HelpR

Smash Ace
Only hazard i know of is the anvil edge <.<
on what? fd?

fd isnt a matter of a hazards, so much as a matter of how it gives such a tremendous advantage to a certain group of characters, and how out of the 5 stages that are considered neutral, it's very similar to smashville and Battlefield, giving characters that are strong on any of those stages a good advantage in stage striking.

out of the three, FD is the most extreme in terms of the advantages it gives characters with projectiles. smashville and BF both have platforms which allow routes for escaping fire from enemies, as well as making matchups such as icies tremendously easier, even if the difference isnt all that significant, better to have a place to run to then no place at all.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know, the person above me said that there was more than the anvil edge(Stuck under the edge)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
it'd be the only stage with hazards. and while people would say that they're mostly easy to avoid, just look at the match that ksizzle and ally had on halberd, and how deeply it affected the result of the match.

I honestly think delfino is a better choice, as the times it leans in favor of certain characters tends to be brief. only problem is that it's an awesome MK stage.

yay for over centralized metagames
wow who da *** cares? i was in the same position in november with NO CANONBALL in sight and used tornado/up air combos to still win. it was his counter pick and i abused it better than he could. he PUT HIMSELF in the position by using laggy moves like bair. if he air dodged it wouldnt have happened but he got GREEDY. you guys sound like if the canonball never showed theres no way i couldve won.

idiots

-dMT-

Smash Lord
wow who da *** cares? i was in the same position in november with NO CANONBALL in sight and used tornado/up air combos to still win. it was his counter pick and i abused it better than he could. he PUT HIMSELF in the position by using laggy moves like bair. if he air dodged it wouldnt have happened but he got GREEDY. you guys sound like if the canonball never showed theres no way i couldve won.

idiots
Calm down guy, if you won you deserved it. I really don't think he meant you wouldn't have won without it, he just pointed out how much it helped.

HelpR

Smash Ace

idiots
never said you couldnt win, but you cant pretend that the extra 30 odd percent from the cannonball, not to mention the bad position it put ally in, didnt help you a large amount.

You did play magnificently that last stock, and it was probably on of the best examples of a safe but aggressive MK i've seen in a long time, but one slip up most likely would have cost you a stock, but you didnt mess up and you won, so congrats on that.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way, I didnt mean to insinuate anything lol.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ksizl calm down man, no one is critizing you here, we are just having a healthy discussion about stages. You won cause you played well, the stage wasnt why you won but sure helped.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58

idiots
There were no cannonballs, because Meta Knight accidently ordered DVD's of the comedy duo, Cannon and Ball.

Number 28

Smash Cadet
Because FD gives some characters an advantage.

Guess what? Every stage does. So according to their logic we have no starter at all....

Kantō

Smash Champion
its not the stage itself thats sux sometimes, its the characters that you have to play on it against.

ex. ice climbers.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
Even when I'm at a disadvantage, I tend to CP neutrals (especially FD) because I feel like my opponent expects it of me.

I hear YI is good if you're fighting chain-grabbers, can anyone comment on that?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
YI is good fighting vs. chain-grabbers like a stick is useful in a fist fight. You should still be getting a ****ing gun instead and not picking a stick because people "expect it of you". Do the unexpected and ruin their day and dance on their misfortune as you cackle through winner's bracket.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For some characters, I leave their "best" or preferred stage unbanned (if it's a neutral, I'll still strike it if I have the wrong character) and when they CP me to that stage, I switch to a counter character.

If I am playing against a IC player, I leave FD unbanned. If I am playing as Wario, first match I strike it. Then, whenever his CP comes around, he picks FD, I switch to Diddy lol. ****

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
For some characters, I leave their "best" or preferred stage unbanned (if it's a neutral, I'll still strike it if I have the wrong character) and when they CP me to that stage, I switch to a counter character.

If I am playing against a IC player, I leave FD unbanned. If I am playing as Wario, first match I strike it. Then, whenever his CP comes around, he picks FD, I switch to Diddy lol. ****
One of the advantages to playing multiple characters :D

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
FD is fine as a neutral, every neutral stage benefits different characters in some way.

It's my fav stage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How long until we have custom stages replace neutrals.
This is unlikely to occur as an overall change.

Custom changes are useful, but more useful as supplements to our stage's problems rather than anything else.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The edge always gimps me, as a Yoshi main, if I screw up my final jump because of the edge... My recovery is dead. :/

I personally can't stand Final Destination. Least favorite stage considered as a neutral. I personally prefer Smashville > Yoshi's Island > Battlefield > Final Destination.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
FD in my opinion should be considered a CP. There really is no point in having a stage that is going to get stage striked when ever someone uses a character that has good projectiles or a really good chain grab

-LzR-

Smash Hero
FD is the only stage that that 4 of 5 best characters are impossible to win there.

Variable

Smash Ace
The edge always gimps me, as a Yoshi main, if I screw up my final jump because of the edge... My recovery is dead. :/

I personally can't stand Final Destination. Least favorite stage considered as a neutral. I personally prefer Smashville > Yoshi's Island > Battlefield > Final Destination.
If you're getting gimped by the stage you're doing something really wrong. Yes we've all gotten stuck under the "lip" of FD before, but mainly because of a player has hit you down there, or is edgeguarding you and you are continuously getting knocked back down there. Not just simply recovering from another attack... I guess I'm the only one who gets tired of complaints on FD's "lip" Come on guys, the game has been out for quite a while, we should adapt to the stages by now.

My Stages:

BF > SV > YI > FD.

BF and SV are the two best stages in the game period...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Only neutral I like is BF, there is nothing wrong with that stage. SV is just camp the platform. FD is camp the big platform and YI... I just don't want to play there...

Variable

Smash Ace
Only neutral I like is BF, there is nothing wrong with that stage. SV is just camp the platform. FD is camp the big platform and YI... I just don't want to play there...
Bf is by far the best.. Like I said SV is second, but it's not a close second.

WB40

Smash Apprentice
FD is only good to train on, otherwise a projectile loving, spam-fest. Battlefield is actually a good stage, at least for me anyway. SV...we all know it is pure balanced fighting. And YI is half broken half balanced. Replace FD as a Neutral with something like LC.

In other words, what Variable said.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well imo I think FD is a nice stage for 1 on 1.

Other than That, Battlefield > Temple > Corneria > Brinstar > Smashville > and wth, YI

Top Bottom