• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Puffy

Smash Cadet
I absolutly agree with this, out with Jiggs, in with Mewtwo, Mewtwo is like the God of Gods for Legendary Pokemon
Hell to the no to Jigglypuff going out. Lucario and PT are much less important than her. >__>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There is no proof for any of the forbidden 7. They're just various pieces of coding that could've be on the disc for any reason whatsoever. Saying they were meant to be playable holds just as much truth as saying they were there for references.

Unless Nintendo makes anything clear, the forbidden 7 will always be coding with no known meaning, and nothing else.
They were folders named the characters' names. I don't know if they were in with the other characters or what, ask a hacking pro to explain that part.
They could've been on the disc for any reason whatsoever, but that's just being overly pessimistic. I'm a pessimist, but I'm at least going to speculate instead of saying "They mean nothing unless Nintendo says something." I mean, where do you get with that?

The characters are

Mewtwo
Roy
Toon Zelda
Toon Shiek
Dixie Kong
Dr. Mario
Plusle & Minun (This is speculation, the file was named "prai_mun" or something)

What else do you possibly think they could BE? I mean, I might say they could've downgraded the three clones to PokeBalls/ATs, and Dixie and P/M as well, but Toon Zelda/Shiek? Seems too likely as a character.

Also

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-41478260&pid=928518

It says they're on the debug menu. If they're on the debug menu, chances are they're in the section for characters. If they're in that section, they kind of...have to be characters.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
true that the forbidden 7 were codding files but if they were they would have at least been a chance fo them to actually be in. i myself have gotten use to lucario with heaier game play and all but mewtwo was my favorite to play with. so dont say everyone wanted them out cause roy was my secondary. just because they were low tier doesnt mean they cant be good if you know how to play with them well enough. example of that is gimpyfish with his bowser in melee.

so am i disappointed that roy and mew2 didnt return. yes, but i can live without them and use new people as well. although im more of a melee man anyways.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
They were folders named the characters' names. I don't know if they were in with the other characters or what, ask a hacking pro to explain that part.
They could've been on the disc for any reason whatsoever, but that's just being overly pessimistic. I'm a pessimist, but I'm at least going to speculate instead of saying "They mean nothing unless Nintendo says something." I mean, where do you get with that?

The characters are

Mewtwo
Roy
Toon Zelda
Toon Shiek
Dixie Kong
Dr. Mario
Plusle & Minun (This is speculation, the file was named "prai_mun" or something)

What else do you possibly think they could BE? I mean, I might say they could've downgraded the three clones to PokeBalls/ATs, and Dixie and P/M as well, but Toon Zelda/Shiek? Seems too likely as a character.

Also

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-41478260&pid=928518

It says they're on the debug menu. If they're on the debug menu, chances are they're in the section for characters. If they're in that section, they kind of...have to be characters.
Pessimistic? I'm not trying to come off like that. What am I asking is to the people who say any of these characters were supposed to be in, where they got their evidence. I don't consider the forbidden 7 to be solid proof.
You said it yourself, Pokeballs, ATs, they could've been anything. Toon Zelda may seem likely, but there's nothing to back it up. All we can do is speculate.
Also, the credibility of that link is questionable. Unless it says somewhere in the topic (and I don't really want to sift through 25 pages of posts) that 'metalxgear' is a pro hacker or something, I see no valid proof.

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to point out that Mewtwo had his own victory tune, and noise for when he was selected on the character menu. So he pretty much MUST have been planned to be a character, and if all the other "forbidden 7" data was in the CHARACTER folder, and if Mewtwo, who was in with them, was almost no doubt going to be a CHARACTER, then why would the others be data that wasn't planned on becoming a full character?

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
me and my friend were pretty pissed when we found out roy was gone
i used to main him until i switched to yoshi
don't know about mewtwo though (but his Fthrow was pretty cool)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Hell to the no to Jigglypuff going out. Lucario and PT are much less important than her. >__>
PT is way more important. <_< Those 3 pokemon (well mainly Charizard and arguably Squirtle) are about as iconic as MewTwo (but definitely Charizard). Charizard was the pokemon that all the little kids bragged about having a holo-card of back in elementary school. He's as popular as Mewtwo. >_>

Puffs

Smash Ace
Not to mention he's the freakin' main character of the first games. The first two games only had popular ENEMIES/OPTIONAL PARTY MEMBERS as characters for the franchise. That's like Hammer Bro. and Lakitu getting in before Mario.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You mean in the folder Mewtwo was found in? (or his very small file?) It actually hd some data like that?
Not sure where the victory theme is, but just check the WiiRD thread. Now, this is speculation, but while someone was testing out the Music Modifier code, they found two extra victory themes: one Pokemon and one Fire Emblem. Roy and Mewtwo, anyone? Obviously it wouldn't be confirmed or anything BUT it's likely.
But the victory theme may be directly related to Mewtwo in what was being referred to before, just telling you what I know about it.

PT is way more important. <_< Those 3 pokemon (well mainly Charizard and arguably Squirtle) are about as iconic as MewTwo (but definitely Charizard). Charizard was the pokemon that all the little kids bragged about having a holo-card of back in elementary school. He's as popular as Mewtwo. >_>
Actually, I think they were talking about Jiggs..."she"?

And I think they were referring to Smash-wise. Smash-wise, Jiggs and Pikachu are extremely important, both of which being in game one.
By the way, so glad the Bulbasaur family never gets any love. This is YOUR fault Nintendo, for not importing the Green Version. Thanks a bunch, guys.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Mewtwo was badass, and I played him even though he was low tier. I mean, he would be like the only character to really kill with throws in Brawl since they were kinda degraded. And he was the second hardest character to unlock! What was it to get him, 20 hours of gameplay? Yeah, I know you can kinda cheat your way through that, but I was stoked when I finally got him.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewtwo was badass, and I played him even though he was low tier. I mean, he would be like the only character to really kill with throws in Brawl since they were kinda degraded. And he was the second hardest character to unlock! What was it to get him, 20 hours of gameplay? Yeah, I know you can kinda cheat your way through that, but I was stoked when I finally got him.
Yeah, I play as Mewtwo as well.

And isn't it ironic that throws have been so downgraded? I remember how in SSB64 they were GODLY.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Charizard was the pokemon that all the little kids bragged about having a holo-card of back in elementary school. He's as popular as Mewtwo. >_>
Holy crap... you're right! :/ that's scary how right that statement is. Lol!

And yea, if mewtwo=crap in melee, then um, duh, make mewtwo=pwnsomeness in brawl. Don't throw away a perfectly good character and concept! I believe he was the only non-clone thrown out wasn't he? That kinda sucks. Even if he is out-dated. So are the ice climbers. And Pit. Who cares, he's a great characte, and deserves to be in!

The problem is, however, Pokemon has soooo many different characters, a few of them are probably necessary to swap out every now and then to make room for some more. :/ If only Mario had more characters.... Then so could Pokemon :p haha!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Pessimistic? I'm not trying to come off like that. What am I asking is to the people who say any of these characters were supposed to be in, where they got their evidence. I don't consider the forbidden 7 to be solid proof.
You said it yourself, Pokeballs, ATs, they could've been anything. Toon Zelda may seem likely, but there's nothing to back it up. All we can do is speculate.
Also, the credibility of that link is questionable. Unless it says somewhere in the topic (and I don't really want to sift through 25 pages of posts) that 'metalxgear' is a pro hacker or something, I see no valid proof.
Well, Roy and Mewtwo also supposedly have Victory themes... Also, Sakurai admitted that they tried to make a Diddy and Dixie Kong combination going, but they couldn't get it to work... And that's why Dixie is one of the Forbidden 7?

So yeah... I dunno...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Well, Roy and Mewtwo also supposedly have Victory themes... Also, Sakurai admitted that they tried to make a Diddy and Dixie Kong combination going, but they couldn't get it to work... And that's why Dixie is one of the Forbidden 7?

So yeah... I dunno...
Where is everyone getting all these quotes from Sakurai?! Link please!! :laugh:

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I personally loe Roy,he was my main in Melee,and I admit it,he didnt deserve Melee.
His game was nothing special to the series,only his debut on the handheld,and he was a very crappy unit,not even get a class up till the last level me thinks.

Mewtwo,he had such an impact on his Pokeymanz series,and his considering l33t haxers in it,but since I never mained Mewtwo,I cant say.

On a side note,if Mewtwo was getting kicked out and we get a new Pokemon,I would have had Meowth,he deserves it more tahn Jiggles.

Megaman721

Smash Rookie
Well, I mained Roy pretty much the whole time in Melee. So... I wanted him in. As for Mewtwo, I wish he was in, but it's not a big deal to me.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is still pretty popular to those saying not. I mean look at mystery dungeons--he ended up being the final boss after rayquaza and stuff didn't he? Well all I know is they said he's more powerful than Rayquaza...

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer represents what Pokemon is all about. =l I can't see how Jigglypuff is more important than he is.
Since Pokemon trainer isnt Ash,I dont see how hes important,since hes the FR/LG guy who was in one game.
Jiggly was a major character in the anime,me thinks till the begining of the Ruby/Sapphire arc.
This character is in one game..

Yes,it sounds hypocritical coming from someone who mains Ice Climbers,Pit,Lucas, and Roy(In Melee anyway)

Puffs

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is still pretty popular to those saying not. I mean look at mystery dungeons--he ended up being the final boss after rayquaza and stuff didn't he? Well all I know is they said he's more powerful than Rayquaza...
Actually, all things considered, Rayquaza and Mewtwo are about equal. Both have equal total stats and both have pretty versatile movepools. The only pokemon stronger than them is GOD.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The forbidden 7 is nothing but a load of theories with no proof.
Well, I have hacked the game myself to rip the SFX out of it. At least Mewtwo is proven that it would have been a character, since there is an empty/corrupted sound data in the character selection sounds of the Wiimote named after Mewtwo.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokemon Trainer represents what Pokemon is all about. =l I can't see how Jigglypuff is more important than he is.
I think that, as I said before, they were referring to Smash...in which Jiggs is much more important.
And Jiggs is still important Pokemon-wise, because if you don't like it it can sic the Evil Jigglypuffs on you to eat your face off.

Since Pokemon trainer isnt Ash,I dont see how hes important,since hes the FR/LG guy who was in one game.
Jiggly was a major character in the anime,me thinks till the begining of the Ruby/Sapphire arc.

Yes,it sounds hypocritical coming from someone who mains Ice Climbers,Pit,Lucas, and Roy(In Melee anyway)
Yep. Charizard may be important, as well as Ivysaur and Squirtle, but the FR/LG trainer hardly counts for anything. It's not like he's even a revamped version of Red (the R/B/Y Trainer and the one you face at the end of G/S/C), he's a totally new character. So don't tell me he's important. The trainer himself reps the slot more than the Pokemon, so...yeah.

Actually, all things considered, Rayquaza and Mewtwo are about equal. Both have equal total stats and both have pretty versatile movepools. The only pokemon stronger than them is GOD.
You mean robot goat ballerina?

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
how was jiggly major? he showed up every once in a while to put people to sleep and draw on them, the one time pkmn trainer or "red" showed up his pokemon were absolute beast and like noone beat him for a while. PKMN TRAINER = TOO GOOD

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678

technically it was also red who appeared in pokemon red/blue (i'm pretty sure yellow is all about the show, so ash is in yellow) and in gold/silver/crystal (in mt silver at the end)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
how was jiggly major? he showed up every once in a while to put people to sleep and draw on them, the one time pkmn trainer or "red" showed up his pokemon were absolute beast and like noone beat him for a while. PKMN TRAINER = TOO GOOD
Except...the FR/LG trainer is the FR/LG trainer. NOT RED. He never will be Red.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M GOING TO PUT THIS IN BIG BOLD LETTERS SINCE NO ONE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND IT.

JIGGLYPUFF IS MORE IMPORTANT TO SMASH THAN ALL POKEMON EXCEPT PIKACHU.

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
This is probably caused because of the fact smash players took them for granted because Mewtwo suked, and Roy was a clone of Marth, but now they want to play as them because they can't.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
It's because even though they sucked in Melee, people want what they can't have.

Roy may have sucked, but people were used to seeing him in Melee that once he was gone, they started to like him.

I don't know why Mewtwo wasn't included. He is awesome and was perfect for a Brawl buff. If he was in the game, maybe I'd play Brawl more.

Puddin

Smash Lord
20 hours of VS matches, not just any random gameplay.

It's because you don't realize how much you Luve something until Sakurai kills it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm guessing the real reason why Mewtwo is out becasue the creater didn't want his pride hurt becasue he's supposed to be one of the top god pokemon. Roy's case I understand, or at least everyone should understand.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm okay with the concept of Mewtwo being out for being to bad *** :]
But I'm not okay with him being out haha!

They were out because they were mareting tools/popular at the time :/ Which sucks because Ice Climber hasn't been a marketing tool in a looong time, and wasn't exactly popular. So why did they stay? Because they were unique and everyone loved them (including me.) Well I'm sure the same could be said for Mewtwo. Well actually not everyone loved him... but not everyone loved the ice climbers either when you think about it...

For Mewtwo, it's because Lucario was the next guy, and was deemed to represent gen. four, and Pokemon couldn't have more reps than Mario, cuz then Pokemon would go to hell, so Mewtwo had to book it :/.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
But pokemon have 7 reps if you count all of PT's pokemon seperate, Zelda has 5, which is more then Mario.

And dang, that was THE MOST AMAZING MEWTWO EVER! Seriously, that was just plain nuts!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I know, and it seems that Pkmn Trainer was half-way an excuse to get more pokemon reps in. But when you think about, Pokeon Trainer is an original character and all....

Top Bottom