• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea I don't care much for Roy, but at least he has an excuse to still be in--enough spots on the roster are open for him :/. sad excuse but an excuse. I think Mewtwo was cut just because Mario would be outnumbered. He could have been awesome in brawl...

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Meh, I never really cared for Roy. Other than a flaming sword he never really stood out as much more than a marketing ploy. I really would have liked to have seen his 'luigified' moveset though.

Mewtwo however was such a badass and the only 'bad guy' the Pokemon series has. But in the end, it comes down to the fact that there were too many 1st gen pokemon represented and NO ONE from generations 2-4. Since Lucario is the posterboy for the 4th gen they HAD to include him.

****ing Jigglypuff.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Noooooo, really?

I don't hate them because I have no reason to, where I played all the Fire Emblems localized in the States except the Sacred Stones.

I want my money back.

While we're at it, how does everyone feel about Roy replacing Sigurd, who was supposed to be in the game with Marth as HIS clone?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewtwo however was such a badass and the only 'bad guy' the Pokemon series has. But in the end, it comes down to the fact that there were too many 1st gen pokemon represented and NO ONE from generations 2-4. Since Lucario is the posterboy for the 4th gen they HAD to include him.

****ing Jigglypuff.
You can never have too many first gen Pokemon. They were the best. Second gen was still pretty good but it's not first and we've had two gens since, so clearly we have to forget about it. Third gen had its good moments too -- Gardevoir could've easily had a creative moveset, Blaziken, Sceptile, Deoxys, a Regi, but again, it's not the most recent and it's not the first, so we have to not use it, again. Fourth gen is full of crap except for Piplup and Shaymin.
So yeah, in other words, we're screwed.

And if Jigglypuff got removed I guarantee you a ton of people would be in outrage because she's an original, and then a few in outrage because they actually like her (like me).

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
You can never have too many first gen Pokemon. They were the best. Second gen was still pretty good but it's not first and we've had two gens since, so clearly we have to forget about it. Third gen had its good moments too -- Gardevoir could've easily had a creative moveset, Blaziken, Sceptile, Deoxys, a Regi, but again, it's not the most recent and it's not the first, so we have to not use it, again. Fourth gen is full of crap except for Piplup and Shaymin.
So yeah, in other words, we're screwed.

And if Jigglypuff got removed I guarantee you a ton of people would be in outrage because she's an original, and then a few in outrage because they actually like her (like me).
After the second gen (Gold/Silver), I just gave up on pokemon...You can't catch em all if they keep adding like a 100-150 each gen....And they are lame now...

They were going to remove Ness from melee but since because of Mother's delay, he stayed...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
People want Mewtwo back because all those jerks who petitioned against him just saw that the other returning melee-ers could be, and were , *gasp* buffed.

Seriously. The ignorance astonishes me. It's a video game. All forms of media entertainment can be improved. Through sequels or DLC otherwise.

DLC want, darnit...

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
sucks that Ike got replaced Roy. Roy is one of the two Fire Emblem characters I don't hate. Guess who the other is.
Ike replaced Roy?
How?
They dont even share a move...

Roy is actually one of the worst FE lords in the series,hes base stats are terrible,and he doesnt promote till teh last 4 maps in the game.
Trust me,I have a rom of his game,and I mained him in Melee.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ness was goin' to be removed??! (lol slowest response to news EVER...) Because of a rerelease of Mother or something??

And hmmm.... I believe ALL characters with an original moveset or even an intriguing character/potential to be buffed/for a new moveset should remain. Like you know, don't boot Wolf in the next one, just give him a more diverce moveset. guaranteed he's been considered for boot by many! Just as Mewtwo probably was! THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING, PEOPLE!!

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Ness was goin' to be removed??! (lol slowest response to news EVER...) Because of a rerelease of Mother or something??

And hmmm.... I believe ALL characters with an original moveset or even an intriguing character/potential to be buffed/for a new moveset should remain. Like you know, don't boot Wolf in the next one, just give him a more diverce moveset. guaranteed he's been considered for boot by many! Just as Mewtwo probably was! THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING, PEOPLE!!
Ness was originally going to be replaced by Lucas in Melee,but because Lucas' game was delayed,it never happened.

Me thinsk anyway.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
I think we could ask the same question about Pichu and the Doc, could we not?

Even now, you disregard them.

=/

RIP Doctor Mario.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ike replaced Roy?
How?
They dont even share a move...
Roy was gonna be in the game. He got canned in favor of Ike, who now, for some reason, has fire moves. They don't have to have the same movesets...

Roy is actually one of the worst FE lords in the series,hes base stats are terrible,and he doesnt promote till teh last 4 maps in the game.
Trust me,I have a rom of his game,and I mained him in Melee.
Yet he's better than every character in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Go figure.

Ness was originally going to be replaced by Lucas in Melee,but because Lucas' game was delayed,it never happened.

Me thinsk anyway.
Yes.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I miss Doc.... He was cooler than reg. Mario! haha--and hmmm I prefer Young Link over Toon Link.. does any one agree? I don't like Toon's fast Dair, and idk, Y. Link just seems more mobile to me--and his arrows seem TO floaty--I was good with Y. Link, I'd just rack up damage from a distance, but Toon Link is just harder for me to control swiftly.. does anyone agree or am I an idiot?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Doc was a clone, but that didn't change the fact that he was made of win. He needed to be an alternate costume...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I miss Doc.... He was cooler than reg. Mario! haha--and hmmm I prefer Young Link over Toon Link.. does any one agree? I don't like Toon's fast Dair, and idk, Y. Link just seems more mobile to me--and his arrows seem TO floaty--I was good with Y. Link, I'd just rack up damage from a distance, but Toon Link is just harder for me to control swiftly.. does anyone agree or am I an idiot?
I agree, Doc is missed.

Wind Waker needed rep, it just shouldn't have been a clone.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I tried playin' Wind Waker at Wal*Mart once, but I couldn't get used to Zelda-type controls, so I deemed the game as sucky. I changed my mind about the series when I played Twilight Princess. I think it's just cuz the control scheme gets a bit of getting used to when you start out for the first time... DON'T HATE ME ZELDA FANS! I'M SORRY!

edit: Point of this post=I couldn't choose a good WW rep. cuz I havent' had enough experience (good experience) with the game...

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Yet he's better than every character in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Go figure.
What?
His average stats before premote are.
HP 33.2 Str 12.6 Skl 14.5 Spd 14.6 Luck 18.4 Def 9.75 Res 5.7 Con 6

his maxed out stats after pemote is
HP 52.4 Str 22.2 Skl 27/25 Spd 24.2 Luck 29.8 Def 16.5 Res 16.4 Con 8

In Path of Radiance,you can solo ALL the trial maps with Ike.
Compared to a sniper,Shinion in PoR
"HP: 46/60 Spd: 25/28
Str: 22/25 Lck: 16/40
Mgc: 10/20 Def: 19/25
Skl: 28/30 Res: 14/23

"
HP,Roy is higher
Speed,Higher than Roy
Strength,equal to Roy
Skill,Higher than Roy
Magic,you cant judge because Roy never got any Magic growths,and its not even important ayway.
Defense,higher than Roy
Resistance,Roy has more
Luck,Roy has more.

I can go on..
On a side no,Shinon doesnt even promote,you get him as a sniper.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What?
His average stats before premote are.
HP 33.2 Str 12.6 Skl 14.5 Spd 14.6 Luck 18.4 Def 9.75 Res 5.7 Con 6

his maxed out stats after pemote is
HP 52.4 Str 22.2 Skl 27/25 Spd 24.2 Luck 29.8 Def 16.5 Res 16.4 Con 8

In Path of Radiance,you can solo ALL the trial maps with Ike.
Compared to a sniper,Shinion in PoR
"HP: 46/60 Spd: 25/28
Str: 22/25 Lck: 16/40
Mgc: 10/20 Def: 19/25
Skl: 28/30 Res: 14/23

"
HP,Roy is higher
Speed,Higher than Roy
Strength,equal to Roy
Skill,Higher than Roy
Magic,you cant judge because Roy never got any Magic growths,and its not even important ayway.
Defense,higher than Roy
Resistance,Roy has more
Luck,Roy has more.

I can go on..
On a side no,Shinon doesnt even promote,you get him as a sniper.
you must have missed the post where I said I hate fire Emblem aside from Melee.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So basically,you would have had no idea about the units in PoR or RD?:ohwell:
I've played them I don't like them, or the characters. I haven't played Marth or Roy's Fire Emblem games, I have no reason to hate them, as I heard early games are much different and better.

I don't like Ike, so I'm mad he's in the game (thank god Lyn only has a small role), especially when Roy gets the boot.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I've played them I don't like them, or the characters. I haven't played Marth or Roy's Fire Emblem games, I have no reason to hate them, as I heard early games are much different and better.
Marths game isnt a good FE,most of the units dont even promote.

The best FE's is Path of Radiance,or FE7(aka the first one to come to america),and basically all teh ones on the SNES.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

The best FE's is Path of Radiance,or FE7(aka the first one to come to america),and basically all teh ones on the SNES.
Well, I don't like any of the ones we've gotten (I romed the first GBA one, bought Path of Radiance, and played Radiant Dawn with a friend), but I heard FE IV is the basically the biggest one in Japan. It kinda makes me disappointed that Sigurd didn't make it in Melee or 64 like originally intended, but we'd still have two FE clones regardless (Marth was to be Sigurd's clone).

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Meh, I never really cared for Roy. Other than a flaming sword he never really stood out as much more than a marketing ploy. I really would have liked to have seen his 'luigified' moveset though.

****ing Jigglypuff.
I would have much rather seen Mewtwo than Jigglypuff.
IMO, Jiggs' popularity ended shortly after it started, where as Mewtwo always seemed to be popular. Hmm.

About Roy, I think he's cool and all, but don't really care that he's not in Brawl.
I mean, I played him in Melee as a secondary, and I really like him, but I could care less that he got replaced.

4Serial

Smash Lord
who cares if m2 was bad in melee and nobody played him. they could have made him better and he would've been cooler than lucario or jiggs.
jiggs probably stayed because she was part of the original 12 and i read somewhere that sakurai wanted all of them to stay.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Marth is the only one who you should complain :/, but even with that, FE3 is a good game.

In that case... the ones that had many promotions are the bests for you, right? :/

Luigi player

Smash Master
I cared for Mewtwo before Brawl was released...

Anyway, I think nobody really cared, because they thought Mewtwo was a shoe-in anyway, because of it's original moveset.

And some Roy fans cared about Roy, and still care now. The others not so much.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Marth is the only one who you should complain :/, but even with that, FE3 is a good game.

In that case... the ones that had many promotions are the bests for you, right? :/
I dont get it.

What kind of units would be better,a mage who stays at level 20 or whatever,or a Sage who promotes?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I dont get it.

What kind of units would be better,a mage who stays at level 20 or whatever,or a Sage who promotes?
The higher the challenge, the betetr the game is, at least for me.

But you may be right, but remember at what time FE3 was made... AKA good game for that time, comparing it with current/future FE games is... funny because it won't make sense. It's like comparing Ocarina of Time with Zelda 2.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
The higher the challenge, the betetr the game is, at least for me.

But you may be right, but remember at what time FE3 was made... AKA good game for that time, comparing it with current/future FE games is... funny because it won't make sense. It's like comparing Ocarina of Time with Zelda 2.
But some challange in a game is unreasonable (Like FF4 for the DS,thats just unfair)

Its still not as good,a game thats "good for its time" can only be good so long.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
But some challange in a game is unreasonable (Like FF4 for the DS,thats just unfair)

Its still not as good,a game thats "good for its time" can only be good so long.
Don't know FF too much...

Still is unfair that people compare a years ago game with the current games. But this is the promotion problem, well Sages would have ended up too powerful then, or systems limits, but I don't see the problem with it...

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
And what does that make you? You didn't even quote the entire post.

Anyway, people always cared about Mewtwo. Roy was next in line, but he was still not very well liked. Young Link, Doctor Mario, and Pichu were the least liked.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Don't know FF too much...

Still is unfair that people compare a years ago game with the current games. But this is the promotion problem, well Sages would have ended up too powerful then, or systems limits, but I don't see the problem with it...
Put it like this,after fighting 2 bosses in a row,2 of your party members are auto dead,and you are left with your black mage and your main character,a paladin.

Yeah,its hard to compare an old game with a new one =/

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Put it like this,after fighting 2 bosses in a row,2 of your party members are auto dead,and you are left with your black mage and your main character,a paladin.

Yeah,its hard to compare an old game with a new one =/
Oh, challenging, me likey.

Word. That's why I don't... at least now/most of times.

pirkid

Smash Lord
who cares if m2 was bad in melee and nobody played him. they could have made him better and he would've been cooler than lucario or jiggs.
jiggs probably stayed because she was part of the original 12 and i read somewhere that sakurai wanted all of them to stay.
The only reason Jiggs got into Melee was because of N64. Only reason s/he was in 64 was because of the hype she gathered for about a month. For some lovely explicit reason, they decide to trash the Legendary and go with ol' puff-alot in Brawl.

Honestly, big mistake. I doubt anyone would have cared of Jiggs got the boot up her pink arse.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I thought it was because of how she was a relatively important character in the anime.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom