• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am reading the article at this moment. I hope the original translator didn't just plug this stuff into Google Translate because it (the translation in the first post) is not very accurate.

M.K

Level 55
I am reading the article at this moment. I hope the original translator didn't just plug this stuff into Google Translate because it (the translation in the first post) is not very accurate.
How would you translate it, Buzz? Are the main points correct?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
How would you translate it, Buzz? Are the main points correct?
I'm going over it right now. I'm busting out my mad Korean skills to read over it. The main points may end up being the same, but I am just making sure.

Zek

Smash Ace
Regardless of how it's translated IT IS NOT CONFIRMED until we see proof that it was actually in Famitsu. Just dropping the name of a reputable source doesn't make some random Korean site trustworthy. This already happened once with that fake leak about online play and the Japanese release date.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Go Buzz go! I can read Japanese but not understand most of it so if it were katakana I would be fine, Korean on the other hand I am completely screwed :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Regardless of how it's translated IT IS NOT CONFIRMED until we see proof that it was actually in Famitsu. Just dropping the name of a reputable source doesn't make some random Korean site trustworthy. This already happened once with that fake leak about online play and the Japanese release date.
Agreed. I read that article. There actually was no legitimate mention of Wi-fi in the article. There were people in the comments asking about Wi-fi. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
^Oh wow, that was horrible!
The only fake article from Famitsu I EVER believed was the fake interview with the guy from Animal Crossing confirming that the protagonist was a playable character.

With the "more playable characters" thing, I'm hoping for an AC Rep!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
It's surprising how many people are complaining about this article. Brawl is already delayed, if this is true, SSE is 10 hours long and we get more third party characters,if not,we get three 3rd party characters and a great adventure mode either way,what's there to gripe about?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This is how EVERYONE Should feel:
Mad About a Delay- Yes
Mad about Why they Delayed it- No

=)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
It's surprising how many people are complaining about this article. Brawl is already delayed, if this is true, SSE is 10 hours long and we get more third party characters,if not,we get three 3rd party characters and a great adventure mode either way,what's there to gripe about?
ppl are worried about another delay, or is hoping for the best game possable.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I don't see another delay coming,but then again,that's the thing about delays,isn't it? :laugh: There didn't seem to be any mention or wording used specifically as to indicate a delay,so it's not on the table in my mind.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see more characters in Brawl. I'm hoping for two more Fire Emblem representatives, but I know that it probably will never happen. :(

I know that Sakurai wants to make this a great game, and so I have no doubt in my mind that he is making the game a LOT better every day. It's not like he'd be slacking off or anything.

KurowaSan

Smash Rookie
This is how EVERYONE Should feel:
Mad About a Delay- Yes
Mad about Why they Delayed it- No

=)
Mad About a Delay- No, it is a completely normal and common thing to happen in gaming industry. LOTS of games are delayed. Brawl's delay was even a VERY small delay.

I checked Famitsu's site, and the last article about Brawl is from October 21st... And the articles about Brawl didn't really say much, but I didn't try to read a little about all of them.. How recent was this supposed to be?
Maybe it was just published in the magazine and still is not on the site. Or this is just a prank, dunno.

The Director

Smash Lord
If this article was from Oct. 21st, then it would make sense talking about why it was delayed; the delay happened in mid-October, after all.

Whatever. It's like I said before: I got Diddy. He was all I wanted in Brawl. Everything else on top of that is just icing on the cake.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I don't speak Korean, but I do know where to find decent online translators:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

the translation is a little sideways, but it does convey good news for the likes of us SmashBros fans. I think.
Those tools are a good start for people who do not know Korean. I am going through the text myself to ensure that nothing was misread. I keep getting distracted though... mostly by SMYN. :chuckle:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if there is 40 characters I will be happy.

If there is 50 or more I will worship sakurai like a god lol :p

jigedysmashmo

Smash Cadet
ok this is probably a stupid question but....if there are over 50 characters wouldn't they have to be included in subspace emissary? meaning it would probably be a long long mode..over 10 hours, or maybe they wouldn't include everyone in subspace...idk...i think over 50 is asking to much. all in all i just pray the game doesn't get delayed again....i wouldn't be able to handle it lol

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
40 or less kthnx. 50 or more make this a Marvel VS capcom 2 deal which I hate =\.
sakurai > whoever developed those games.

sakurai has the time, money, team, and god like qualities to have more than they could dream of

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I look forward to seeing what it says regardless of whether it's from Famitsu... really, if this was from mid October I figure this would have been posted ages ago.

And what was said on the translation was even off compared to all of the translators I used on it. I got a lot of different information than what the first post says, as well as seeing things in the first post that are not anywhere in the article.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The part I see about 3rd party characters reads, "Snake, Sonic, and possibly more?". There is no explicit statement (yet) that there will be more 3rd party characters.

Zek

Smash Ace
I look forward to seeing what it says regardless of whether it's from Famitsu... really, if this was from mid October I figure this would have been posted ages ago.
If it's not from Famitsu then it's a lie. Which is what I'm suspecting at this point until I see confirmation from a reliable source.

Top Bottom