• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Why do people want Master Chief? He wouldn't fit in at all.
I really don't even know. Most just want Master Chief because they play Halo and like it, so they want him in whatever game they can get him in. Snake is the closest thing you can even get to master chief right now.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I sure hope this is true. At least the part about "more characters than can me imagined". That'd be nice. However I'm really doubting it's true.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I wonder if anyone can find the original Japanese article. It being in korean actually makes it harder, because we don't know anyone who knows korean (As far as I know).

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I sure hope this is true. At least the part about "more characters than can me imagined". That'd be nice. However I'm really doubting it's true.
QFT.

10 hour Subspace Emissary would be awesome, and not too hard to imagine. I mean, they can fit in a LOT of content from Nintendo. Plus, there are branching storylines to be taken into account.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
They used Sonic to soften the blow for the first delay, I really hope they don't delay again because there will be nothing in my opinion big enough to soften another delay. Its not like they haven't had like 3 years.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
ChronoBound, I'm quite sure that SamuraiPanda credited you for those SMYN-broken rumors.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
They used Sonic to soften the blow for the first delay, I really hope they don't delay again because there will be nothing in my opinion big enough to soften another delay. Its not like they haven't had like 3 years.
I really doubt they would announce another delay when the last one was just over a month ago. I think even at the first delay they knew how far along they were into development.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this rumor has caused alot of collateral damage. All the {Insert Character} For Brawl threads are blowing up with everyone going "OMG He said more characters. So and so is a shoe in now". Not to be cynical, but I'll wait until someone verifies this before I pass judgment.

Jmax

Smash Cadet
Famitsu is very credible, but.. I'd like some conformation this is actually from them..

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Eh like I said, I'm not expecting anything major, other than maybe an apology. Though due to the nature of the hardcore player, it really does not matter if they are dissapointed or not, they are still going to purchase the game.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I will still buy the game even if it were delayed, but I think Miyamoto will not allow another delay, he doesnt approve of to many delays imo.

M.K

Level 55
WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THERE IS A DELAY? PLEASE....ANSWER ME!

This article says NOTHING about a delay, what the **** ARE you all talking about??

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
There better be 40 characters or over.
70+
ROFL

I will still buy the game even if it were delayed, but I think Miyamoto will not allow another delay, he doesnt approve of to many delays imo.
Miyamoto is one crazy SoB With the mind of a genius, sides this is all Sakurai.
Maybe Iwata has some say in it, but Sakurai is the mastermind behind this whole thing.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
People are anticipating a delay because the article suggests that there are lots of stuff that needed to be added in which was the cause of the previous delay. People are assuming that if they don't get everything done in time for the Feb 10th release then there may be another delay.

Anyway, I think the only thing that could soften the blow for another delay for me would be a virtual console demo of Brawl. I highly doubt there will be another delay though. I'm sure Nintendo and Sakurai are fully aware that they were treading on thin ice with the FIRST delay. Another one is practically out of the question.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
I just reread the Musicians update, and I might remind you that there is actually a musician from the DMC series work on Brawl, why don't people clamor for Dante instead? He'd fit in better IMO, too.
This composer also did a version of the Mega Man Theme for a Marvel VS Capcom game.

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys, this news is not confirmed yet. I'll believe it when I actually see it in Famitsu instead of some Korean site claiming to have seen it in Famitsu.

Also, it says absolutely nothing about why Brawl was delayed, so...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THERE IS A DELAY? PLEASE....ANSWER ME!

This article says NOTHING about a delay, what the **** ARE you all talking about??
Don't worry man, your not the only one who fears putting the words smash and delay together.
Lets just hope nothing comes up especially since they have had so much time regardless.

Cless

Smash Champion
I just reread the Musicians update, and I might remind you that there is actually a musician from the DMC series work on Brawl, why don't people clamor for Dante instead? He'd fit in better IMO, too.
I fail to see what game music people have done in the past has anything to do with character inclusion.

zomg, Motoi Sakuraba is making Brawl music. Reid Hershel for Brawl! Yasunori Mitsuda is also. Fei Fong Wong for Brawl!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL @ Red Epona's comment. Roughly translated, he said, "If Cloud or Tifa are in the game, I'm gonna by 5 copies."

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
You tell me what games takes 10 hours to beat, going through without stopping once, the entire game. I haven't played a single game that took Ten hours to beat in one playthrough. RPG's yes, but those are RPGs. Most action-adventure/fighter were all around 3-5 hours.
You sir are a ****ing idiot and unless you have only played flash games you have no idea what you are talking about. You have tightened your definition of a game so tight that it is just the shell of a game and even so many of them take more than 10 hours.

Also Sakurai could be saying they're adding more just to make us happy when they're really not doing much at all, if they say they're adding more characters we still would have no idea but at least it will cause less *****ing.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I would also love to see cloud and sora in the game, I'm not that big of a kingdom hearts fan, but I feel they could make great additions to the game.

But I REALLY want simon belmont. He's just awesome for smash in my opinion.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
my finals were last week so without the delay brawl would be coming out tommorow and i would've been smashing it up all christmas
o well. i personally don't mind the delay because we've had mellee six years. brawl might have to last us that long as well or more. with these improvements brawl will keep us happy longer

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
InvincibleAgent, O D I N made a great thread about Dante For Brawl. I don't know if you've seen it, but amazingly Dante actually has appeared on a Nintendo console.

The Director

Smash Lord
Everybody keeps saying how they're trying to get the game out for the Feb. 10th release, but infact the real date that they're pushing for is Jan. 24th.

LOL, wouldn't it be funny if Brawl got pushed up a week or two?

Cless

Smash Champion
InvincibleAgent, O D I N made a great thread about Dante For Brawl. I don't know if you've seen it, but amazingly Dante actually has appeared on a Nintendo console.
It's not amazing. It's a contractual obligation. They just chose the DS. Arthur has a better chance of making it in than Dante.

Top Bottom