• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If it's not from Famitsu then it's a lie. Which is what I'm suspecting at this point until I see confirmation from a reliable source.
Still nice to know what the rumors are and what is not. The only thing I have seen about the site was on Nsider2 about that site having a history of putting things like this up, but I am not sure if it was said in a positive or negative sense.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Wow, if this SE/10 hours and more characters "than can be imagined" thing is true, I TOTALLY forgive the delay.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Ten hours is SUCHH a long time for a story mode for this kind of game IMO. I am pleased. Hopefully it will live up.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
They can delay Brawl as long as they want as long as it owns *** when it comes out.
Heck no. If they delay it too much they would only start making it worse. There's only so many times you can delay a game before it starts to turn bad. If they decided to delay the game 50 times, they serverly lose alot of money, time, hype, and players.

Money: Just because the game is delayed more doesn't mean it will double the amount of people who buy it. It costs alot to make games. Basically, They wasted all that money improving from the delay only to receive the same amount of money if it wasn't delayed.

Time: Yes. It takes a bunch of time to make this game. They could of not overworked the game and have been finished with this project and started another.

Hype: If the game was pushed back to 2009 or something, the game would lose a huge amount of hype, so much that it would start to get nasty.

Players: Many people would simply not even bother or think of brawl anymore.

Of course, that's if they were to delay another 5 times. even is probably impossible. blah don't even bother listening to my random bs. im just bored.

Zek

Smash Ace
Seriously, hype definitely comes with an expiration date. If Brawl were delayed enough times we would get tired of being excited about it and when it eventually came out we wouldn't enjoy it as much, even if the game did end up being better for it. A couple of months is one thing, but any longer than that and following daily dojo updates for all this time would stretch out our hype to the breaking point.

Not that it matters, because there's no reason whatsoever to suspect another delay. It's just a random idea people came up with and have talked about so much they're starting to think it might be real. Sort of like the idea of a demo.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I look forward to seeing what it says regardless of whether it's from Famitsu... really, if this was from mid October I figure this would have been posted ages ago.
Who said that this article in particular was from mid October? I thought the last article posted on the site was from October. Wasn't this reported to be very recent? I.E. isn't there a chance that this could be true, but they haven't put it on the site yet?

And what was said on the translation was even off compared to all of the translators I used on it. I got a lot of different information than what the first post says, as well as seeing things in the first post that are not anywhere in the article.
What does it say? You guys keep saying that, but you're not telling us what it says.

Chepe

Smash Lord
For those thinking that it cant be true that there can be more than 3 third party characters...

"Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"

The last word makes a ton of difference. When he made this comment, the polls were not finished yet, so negotiations for requested 3rd party characters had not undergone yet. This means that afterwards, if at least 5 companies were approached about borrowing the rights to their character for a Brawl appearance, theres a chance that more than 2 said yes.

Do you really believe Sakurai would have gone, "NO! I said only 3 guest characters and thats it!" or would he have tried to implement as many as possible, if more than 2 third party characters were popular?

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
Well a high amount of characters should be good, but if they are adding them in even now, then that's a bit bad. You know they do have to balance them, right? Actually, any characters being added in at this point are probably clones.
no, clones won't be in brawl. besides why would sakurai waste his time making clones of other characters. its not worth the game being delayed for that reason. marth, falco and other clones aren't worth it.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
All characters should return.
No. They shouldn't.

They reallly, really, really shouldn't.

Why should Sakurai waste his time on Doctor Mario and Pichu when we could include BRAND NEW characters?

I'm worried about the amount of characters in Brawl. I'd rather have 25 (hey, even 15) balanced characters than 50; including gods and clones.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Isaac will be the new Roy.
If Roy is taken out.
IMO, I dont think any characters should be taken out. Only Characters Added.
There isnt really a + to take out any characters.
Isaac, the new Roy? You're kidding right? Ike is the new Roy. Isaac will most likely use his Psynergy more-so than his sword, which is why he's such a great potential character.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
So um.... was all this hype about a delay because the December 3rd update was today and it made for good convo over the weekend? What's the status / news on this article.... isn't it from like a month ago and wouldn't Mr. Sakurai have informed us by now about another delay?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I think this thread is talking about the December 3rd to Febuary 10th delay. SMYN talked about a *different* subject to not talk about.
So then... this article was just recently found... discussing why the game was delayed then... not another delay.... cause it seemed a lot of people started talking about a delay from February 10th. My mistake.

On topic... I don't care about HOW MANY characters it has. I'm not the first to mention this, but games like MvC2 can get a little carried away with the number of characters. As a result... the depth of some characters/abliity to get really good with them became limited. Yes, this is not your basic fighting game... but I don't want them to sacrifice the amount of work they put in to balancing characters for more characters.

I am feeling very optimistic about this game though. Let's face it.... they could have sold the demo to us and we would have bought it. If they wanted to just release the game a month ago I'm sure they could have had something ready. Mr. Sakurai has said that this game is going to be playable for years and years (as melee was and hopefully more than). So, whatever they are doing... I'm sure it isn't hurting the game.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, hype definitely comes with an expiration date. If Brawl were delayed enough times we would get tired of being excited about it and when it eventually came out we wouldn't enjoy it as much, even if the game did end up being better for it. A couple of months is one thing, but any longer than that and following daily dojo updates for all this time would stretch out our hype to the breaking point.

Not that it matters, because there's no reason whatsoever to suspect another delay. It's just a random idea people came up with and have talked about so much they're starting to think it might be real. Sort of like the idea of a demo.

i completely agree. if this game gets delayed agian, im just gonna forget about brawl until like a month before release. if thats possible. i mean, ive been checking updates every day before school, and it gets annoying after a while. grrrrrr, it just doesnt make sense

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
im pretty excited i just hope u dont have to unlock characters through doin certain things in story mode...cause if you just get them as u go AWESOME!!!but if u have to actually beat something at a certain point then its gonna suck cause a 10 hour story mode played 6 time through....not good although i can prob beat it in more like 6 or 7 hours! Beat twilight princess in 13 hours with all bugs, poes, and suits =)!!!
Also even better chances for Geno hehe!

Boofer

Smash Ace
I wish we could get some more info on this. It still has the possibility of being false or exagerrated (optimistic).

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, when I first read Brawl was delayed, I figured it would be for optimization based on the data they gathered at E4A. Also, perhaps they're re-recording Sonic's voice work, with Ryan Drummond instead of Jason Griffith.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm, so this is confirmed fact? If thats the case than Im happy about the 3rd party character thing. . . good to know that atleast 2 more 3 party characters will get in. Makes it more fun than to just have the ones that have been sugguested millions of times.
Sora for brawl. . . not just Megaman! Another WTF 3rd party like Snake? Yay!

And WTH is "more than you could every imagine"? I could clearly see 45 before this artical. . . .am I to expect 50+ now? IDK. . . .he could just be buffing.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hummm, so this is confirmed fact? If thats the case than Im happy about the 3rd party character thing. . . good to know that atleast 2 more 3 party characters will get in. Makes it more fun than to just have the ones that have been sugguested millions of times.
Sora for brawl. . . not just Megaman! Another WTF 3rd party like Snake? Yay!
No, it's not confirmed by Famitsu yet, but there is a more credible source. Only problem is that it's in Korean and it's still not directly Famitsu.

Black/Light

Smash Master
No, it's not confirmed by Famitsu yet, but there is a more credible source. Only problem is that it's in Korean and it's still not directly Famitsu.
Oh, well if thats the case Im claiming rumor and leaving it at that. Some things from Famitsu have already popped up so if there is no artical soon than I wouldn't put much hope into this being true.

Just my own personal look on things like this. . . been burnt too much by good rumors in the past to jump on anything without a direct sorce. Shouldn't be hard to find a scan soon.

Zek

Smash Ace
There is no credible source. People who speak foreign languages can make stuff up too, you know.

Top Bottom