• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well that's impossible if people don't want clones. Personally, I wouldn't really want anything over 50. I had a hard enough time choosing characters in Melee, and am already going to have a difficult time choosing who to play as with the current roster.
There won't be more then 50 but I will have to say it is possible because unlike DBZ, smash pulls from any Video Game ever put on a Nintendo System ever. You know how many games and different characters that is? There is so much ideas out there and so many people to use.

You could make 35 characters from just an all-time Mario series fighting game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Actually, when I first read Brawl was delayed, I figured it would be for optimization based on the data they gathered at E4A. Also, perhaps they're re-recording Sonic's voice work, with Ryan Drummond instead of Jason Griffith.
Yes, I'm sure that's what the're doing. :/

Cless

Smash Champion
There won't be more then 50 but I will have to say it is possible because unlike DBZ, smash pulls from any Video Game ever put on a Nintendo System ever. You know how many games and different characters that is? There is so much ideas out there and so many people to use.

You could make 35 characters from just an all-time Mario series fighting game.
How many characters in Tenkaichi can even be used? Having 80 million characters < Having 20 well balanced ones.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
That's sweet. I need time to get my Wii anyways. The holiday rushdown's going to make it more difficult, though.

Cless

Smash Champion
Wouldn't Disney want something ridiculous for Sora? I think Namco stuff has a better shot than anything Disney.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Disney want something ridiculous for Sora? I think Namco stuff has a better shot than anything Disney.

Who knows. I think the whole Kingdom Hearts thing would be all confusing with all the rights and stuff. 'Cuz if you add Kingdom Hearts, then your pretty much adding Square Enix AND Disney to Smash Bros. and that would be kinda weird. :ohwell:

Xanderous

Smash Lord
You mean Square-Enix. Disney only licensed Disney characters and have no authority over the use of Sora.

I'm pulling this out of my ***, but it's probably true.

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
Generally everyone thinks Sora is "owned" by Disney
Although this is true, Square can pretty much do anything they want with Sora, none of the Kingdom Hearts mangas or cell phone games had any contribution from Disney (IIRC....and im pretty sure IRC)

Nintendo could ask Square for Sora and Square could just notify Disney and slap him right on

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, I read somewhere that Disney had the rights to all characters that weren't originally Square characters, but I read it on the internet, so it's questionable at best. If it is true though, that lends credence to my want something ridiculous theory.

Generally everyone thinks Sora is "owned" by Disney
Although this is true, Square can pretty much do anything they want with Sora, none of the Kingdom Hearts mangas or cell phone games had any contribution from Disney (IIRC....and im pretty sure IRC)

Nintendo could ask Square for Sora and Square could just notify Disney and slap him right on
Going off of that logic, Nintendo could do the same for Geno.

maxieman

Smash Ace
he just doesn't seem brawl worthy to me. I dunno why but i think there are other 3rd parties that should have higher priority (Megaman, Bomberman, Pacman, Banjo kazooie)

maxieman

Smash Ace
Well yah, I definitely agree that Megaman and Banjo (Possibly the others you mentioned) should come first, but comparing Sora to Naruto is kinda harsh. :urg:
ok, I agree Sora is definaetley better than naruto, just throwin out some exxagerations today :chuckle:

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
I dont get the cliche "Sora fights with a key he'd get his *** whooped"

When...if you look at his history, he could be comparable to Ganondorf and Mewtwo in terms of actual strength

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I would much rather find out who is in by playing and unlocking so we have that "Whoa!" factor while playing.

I think Snake and Sonic are both unlockable along with some of the characters already shown, which ones i dont know. Melee has 21 characters and we have seen close to that. Some of these hafe to be unlockable, just dont know which ones.

I would guess we will get atr least one more character update, only because there is one more spot under the newcomers missing.

I wanna see Luigi and Falcon as an update, but their probly unlockables, so I dont expect to see them.

The Director

Smash Lord
cmon guys, sora being in brawl would almost be like naruto in brawl
...not quite. Sora originated in a video game, rather than a crappy anime aimed towards kids and losers who have no sense of taste.l

I love the KH series, I won't lie. Although I think Sora would fit right in, don't you think Sakurai would opt for a more Nintendo related Square character? I'd say Black Mage would get in before Sora.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I dont get the cliche "Sora fights with a key he'd get his *** whooped"

When...if you look at his history, he could be comparable to Ganondorf and Mewtwo in terms of actual strength
He is a F**king God who flys in space, Cuts buildings in half and has floating KEYS! Omg! Lol.

+ a Dog and Some Duck, but I dont think they would be helping out in SSBB. haha.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think if anything he'd be shared.

If you think about it though. All the third parties so far have a Nintendo nostalgia factor to them. Sora doesn't and Geno does.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I think if Sora ever was on Smash Bros. they wouldnt add or show any Disney related characters due to rights or issues or something like that. Plus it would be weird anyways. xD That's what I think anyways.

But yeh, I agree with Pluvia. xD

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
i cant see why he wouldnt fit in, really

Character Entrance : Gummi Ship (duh ^_^)
Taunts : Colosseum Taunts (duh ^_^)
Final Smash : Final Form (duh ^_^)
Assist Trophy Representation : Roxas, Riku, and Organization member, or even Cloud just to stir up controversy
Item: Only thing i wouldnt be too sure on

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
i cant see why he wouldnt fit in, really

Character Entrance : Gummi Ship (duh ^_^)
Taunts : Colosseum Taunts (duh ^_^)
Final Smash : Final Form (duh ^_^)
Assist Trophy Representation : Roxas, Riku, and Organization member, or even Cloud just to stir up controversy
Item: Only thing i wouldnt be too sure on
I can't agree with the gummi ship 'cuz I HATED that thing! How about a keyhole appears and he squeezes through it instead? xD

And for items.....KEYBLADES! Everyone becomes a keyblade weilder! (Kinda like laser swords and bats) Lmao. :laugh:

Neither of those opinions were to be taken seriously by the way.

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
I can't agree with the gummi ship 'cuz I HATED that thing! How about a keyhole appears and he squeezes through it instead? xD

And for items.....KEYBLADES! Everyone becomes a keyblade weilder! (Kinda like laser swords and bats) Lmao. :laugh:

Neither of those opinions were to be taken seriously by the way.
lololol

imagine if each character had different looking keyblades when they grabbed it, i assume captain falcons would be sexy

Top Bottom