• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Twillight

Smash Rookie
Let not get our hopes up for something we dont know or haven't heard about, Then we will expect it to happen, and if it does not happen, that just crushes everyone, in less it better than what we predicted. lilparadise is right, sakarai is very unpredictable, so you might not know who he's going to put in.

The Director

Smash Lord
I have a major feeling that either Tails or Knuckles will get a spot as a second Sonic character.
LOL Keep dreaming Sonic fanboys.

This is Super Smash Brothers Brawl, not Super Sonic Brothers Brawl which many people seem to think. See, we have these things called Assist Trophies. They assist us in not filling up character spots with unnecessary characters.

volbound1700

Smash Master

This is Super Smash Brothers Brawl, not Super Sonic Brothers Brawl which many people seem to think. See, we have these things called Assist Trophies. They assist us in not filling up character spots with unnecessary characters.
Last time I check, Mario is not the sole representive for any of the Smash games.

Sonic's other characters play very well with the Brawl theme and would be easy to put in, not to mention the fact that SEGA usually groups there characters when they give them to people.

Megaman and Geno seem to be very likely to me due to their unique movesets, demand by fans, and they simple work very well with brawl.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Very true. Hell, as long as my favourite characters get in, they could add Vector the Crocodile. I wouldn't care anymore. :p

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Let not get our hopes up for something we dont know or haven't heard about, Then we will expect it to happen, and if it does not happen, that just crushes everyone, in less it better than what we predicted. lilparadise is right, sakarai is very unpredictable, so you might not know who he's going to put in.
yeah everone needs to remember the 3rd.

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
I had this idea for a playable character..

Koume & Kotake = they follow each other like Ice Climbers, you can switch between the ice and fire witch by taunting. Their final smash = Twinrova

maxieman

Smash Ace
I had this idea for a playable character..

Koume & Kotake = they follow each other like Ice Climbers, you can switch between the ice and fire witch by taunting. Their final smash = Twinrova
thats so obscure That I doubt they will remember, but **** if its not genious

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
10 Hours? That's about as long as Call Of Duty 4...

Well whatever, I'm spending the first week it comes out locked in my room

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
thats so obscure That I doubt they will remember, but **** if its not genious
They were major characters in the manga and the movers and shakers of the Oracle games, if you forgot. They were also in Majora's Mask.

More appearances than Vaati.

iMichael

Smash Lord

QFT!

First they want Sonic then its Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman...I can't name anymore...but GOSH! just be happy Sonic is in and lets leave it at that. Samething goes for Naruto and Kingdom hearts (final fantasy). This is a Nintendo game. NINTENDO!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
QFT!

First they want Sonic then its Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman...I can't name anymore...but GOSH! just be happy Sonic is in and lets leave it at that. Samething goes for Naruto and Kingdom hearts (final fantasy). This is a Nintendo game. NINTENDO!
the only other sonic character that I would not mind seeing is robotnik( refuse to call him eggman)

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Im officially dubbing this as fake BS!

Not only is this link the only site I can find with this "translated" info but the mag has been out for awell now and craploads of info is out about it yet no one has confirmed that theres some Sakurai interview in it or posted a scan.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Smash

the only other sonic character that I would not mind seeing is robotnik( refuse to call him eggman)
His name is officially Eggman Robotnik in Japan and America.

And remember people, Sora does have a Nintendo game. It's called Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories; look it up. He's not just on Playstation. Keep that in mind.

He's a better suggestion than those stupid Final Fantasy lackluster nonsense characters any day. I've played FF 7-12 fully through and now I regret every second of it...
Final Fantasy 12 specifically was a disaster. Bogus plot, stale ending, and the worst FF character models ever. But aren't Final Fantasy games supposed to have bogus plots?
That way, morons will think it's "deep". Anyways, let's get back to my point:
It's not a fun game at all. You do the exact same thing over and over, and you don't even control their actions, you just click an option. And they force you to do it for 50+ hours to no merit. I don't want to play menus, thank you.
The Final Fantasy curse is finally off of me. I'll never play one again.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
Last time I check, Mario is not the sole representive for any of the Smash games.

Sonic's other characters play very well with the Brawl theme and would be easy to put in, not to mention the fact that SEGA usually groups there characters when they give them to people.

Megaman and Geno seem to be very likely to me due to their unique movesets, demand by fans, and they simple work very well with brawl.
Taki from Sin and Punishment rated high on the polls, and he just got an assist trophy. Just because a character could fit in Brawl, it doesn't matter, because there are hundreds of those who could. In the end, it'll all just be who Sakurai feels fits where.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
QFT!

Yup, yup. Anyone expecting more playable Sonic characters are morons. Assist Trophies? Most likely. Playable characters? HELL NO!

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
I think it's probable that Knuckles and/or Tails will make it in as an Assist Trophy. Shadow is probably an alt costume. More Sonic characters may make it in in future installments, but not in Brawl.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I think it's probable that Knuckles and/or Tails will make it in as an Assist Trophy. Shadow is probably an alt costume. More Sonic characters may make it in in future installments, but not in Brawl.

Yeh, a Shadow alt costume/color could be probable. That is if they are changing Sonic's skin/fur color. (Seems like they are making dark versions of every other character. Why not Sonic? xD) I thought I heard from someone they weren't changing his skin/fur color, though. Don't really know. Also depends if they are even making alt costumes for people too. Hopefully they do.

Twillight

Smash Rookie
actually shadow will be an alternate costume for sonic except he doesn't skate or however he runs. Ive actually seen it in one of the videos.

maxieman

Smash Ace
theres is nothing wrong with a second sonic character just because he's third party, nearly every other Major franchise has at least 2-3 reps, Sonic deserves it as much or more than some other multi-rep franchises.

and a second character wouldnt make it super sonic bros. Brawl, otherwise it would already be name super Mario bros. brawl, or super kirby bros.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
theres is nothing wrong with a second sonic character just because he's third party, nearly every other Major franchise has at least 2-3 reps, Sonic deserves it as much or more than some other multi-rep franchises.

and a second character wouldnt make it super sonic bros. Brawl, otherwise it would already be name super Mario bros. brawl, or super kirby bros.
Well, they are guest characters.

Think of it like this. Let's say you have a party. You ask all your best friends to come. Let's say... about ten of them. Then a FRIEND of a friend comes. Then another friend of THAT friend comes... So you have to pay to get some more food/drinks and crap for people you didn't even invite.

That's how it is. lol.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

Think of it like this. Let's say you have a party. You ask all your best friends to come. Let's say... about ten of them. Then a FRIEND of a friend comes. Then another friend of THAT friend comes... So you have to pay to get some more food/drinks and crap for people you didn't even invite.

That's how it is. lol.

Lmao. Excellent example! :chuckle:

maxieman

Smash Ace

That's how it is. lol.
It's not like the sonic characters have never been on a nintendo console with sonic, not only that i dont think any characters are going to pop up in game that developers didnt know about

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's not like the sonic characters have never been on a nintendo console with sonic, not only that i dont think any characters are going to pop up in game that developers didnt know about
Well, I didn't truly mean you didn't know about them. lol. I just meant that these guest characters are going to be the only "guests" from the series because they are most important.

The main rule for Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl was to be a Brawl between Nintendo characters. Because of Hideo's constant badgering to have Snake in Brawl, Sakurai "changed" the rule to include third-party characters that have made a significant impact on Nintendo's history.

Sonic was Mario's rival. Not Tails or Knuckles.

Same for Snake/Liquid. Or... whatever other character that'd be from Metal Gear's series.

Mars-

Smash Champion
You know this is fake from the 10 hour story line part. Think about it, you really think that they have enough to program 10 hours of a story mode for every character?

Cless

Smash Champion
You know this is fake from the 10 hour story line part. Think about it, you really think that they have enough to program 10 hours of a story mode for every character?
How do you know that you don't just use every character? You can pick between teams of characters you know.

Top Bottom