• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you people even think Sora has a chance is crazy.

I can say with 100% confidence that Sora will in no way shape or form be in Brawl.

Seriously open your eyes. Sora has no shot of getting in.

Cless

Smash Champion
Who I would main if God saw fit to include him (only because he's a Tales character, not because I like him), and yes it would be God's decision because it would take divine intervention for any Tales character to be in Brawl.

But with Soul Calibur Legends (which is probably selling poorly), and upcoming ToS sequel on the Wii, who knows?

Cless

Smash Champion
But Kojima was practically breaking down Sakurai's door to get Snake into Brawl. He wanted Snake to be in Melee. Also, Snake was born on the Nintendo. Sora has none of these advantages.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
I think the game was delayed due to WiFi. This is a real big game for Nintendo, and they want it to be as perfect as it can be. Nintendo doesn't have much experience in this expertise, and what they've tried out so far has recieved a lot of criticism (I.E., friend codes). If they had planned to release it December 3rd, that means they have a near-final version, one that could easily sell millions and then some. The game will probably go gold in the beginning of January, which means developement is going to stop pretty soon. I doubt they made any huge additions. Rather I believe they're just going to tweak what is already there and squeeze the most power they can out of the Wii.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ohhhh. That old one. I thought it started out on a reaaallly old computer or something and THEN got ported to NES. Ah well. :ohwell:
Ah, yeah. You mean the MSX. Well, they did have an NES version, that was better, in my opinion. Better music, at least.

They also had a sequel called Snake's Revenge... that was retconned, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, if this is real, then I'll have to applaud him. "More characters than you could imagine" can be pretty darn high. Up there in the 50's.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Metal Gear was born on the MSX2 and later ported to NES. The series was by no means popular until Metal Gear Solid, which is a Playstation title, later remade on the Gamecube.

With that said, Sora has about the same chance Snake did.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
well, ore than i can imagine must pass the line of 40... 10 hours stories... so... 10 hours per character? if it is like that brawl will be definitely wii's best seller

if stories are different per character, the game will just be impossible to be any better

if all that sakurai states is truth, i could wait even longer for brawl

Xanderous

Smash Lord
There was Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and a number of spinoffs that aren't completely canon.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is canon, it is just a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid.

Anyway I'm pretty happy that there will be a 10 hour long story mode, the one player will definatly be worth it this time around.
I doupt you can select a character from the begining to end tho, especialy after watching the SubeSpace videos. It'll be more like the Choice your own Adventure books where at certain intersections you can pike a character and the story unfolds slightly differently. That or it isn't affected at all and is just a way for people to play levels differently from time to time for, ya know, variety :psycho:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is canon, it is just a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid.
Wait, what? Really?

Metal Gear 2 was a remake of Metal Gear Solid? Please tell me I'm just tripping.

And, yeah, 10 hours seems pretty much right. That's Sakurai's average length of Kirby games these days, at least. So it seems pretty accurate.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
I own 15 Metal Gear games.

I can tell you more than you need to know.

There was only 1 true sequel to Metal Gear, and that was Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge is a lie made without Kojima. The people who were on the team saw Kojima on the subway afterwards and felt they needed him to correct the errors of their ways. That's when Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was made.

*spoilers*

Metal Gear
Snake's first mission as a FOXHOUND operative.
He is sent in by Big Boss, leader of FOXHOUND to save Gray Fox (another member) and to destroy Metal Gear.
Snake saves Gray Fox.
Big Boss is a traitor and the actual leader of Outer Heaven.
Snake destroys Metal Gear.
Snake kills Big Boss (supposedly).

Metal Gear 2
Snake is asked to save Kio Marv, a scientist who was kidnapped.
Snake is sent into Zanzibar Land by Campbell.
Marv is dead.
Snake soon learns Big Boss is behind it all, and he is being helped by Gray Fox.
Snake destroys Metal Gear.
Snake kills Gray Fox (supposedly).
Snake kills Big Boss (supposedly for good this time, but you never know.

*end spoilers*

Metal Gear 2 is not a remake of Metal Gear.
Metal Gear 2 is not a remake of Metal Gear Solid.
Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge is non-canon.
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is canon.

-------

Metal Gear was not born on Nintendo.
Metal Gear - MSX, later ported to NES (this version not necessarily canon, it had some differences)
Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge - NES (not real Metal Gear)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - MSX, never ported
Metal Gear Solid - PSX
Metal Gear Solid: Thw Twin Snakes - remake of MGS (canon, the smalls differnces are still considered canon by Kojima though fans don't like to believe it)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel - Game Boy Color (I believe a remake of MG2? Non-canon)

The appearance of Snake in SSBB may be to advertise for more ports to Nintendo. After MGS4 Kojima Productions will be more open to ports.

JPW

Smash Ace
Sakurai recently said he will make and improve SSBB as optimum as possible.

He also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine, and he said the team is still adding and programming characters. There will be more 3rd party characters too.
If this is true then I hope he doesn't overdo 3rd party characters maybe just two from each company. I say there's 3 3rd part company picks... Konami, Sega and Capcom. These 3 seem to be the popular ones. And already Sega and Konami are confirmed. Capcom is very popular I have found for final pick.
I say:

Konami: Snake and Simon Belmont
Sega: Sonic and that Nights guy(don't know the main character's name).... or shocker WTF Alex Kidd.
Capcom: Megaman and Ryu(streetfighter incase you have forgotten... lol.)

I don't want to see 3rd parties infesting this though, lowering chances or pushing others around. Because it going to be guys like these that have ruined Samurai's Goroh's chances and I believe will possibly sadly ruin Isaac's.

The combo control, he said, is relatively easy to control
But to those who already played Melee, he recommends the GC controller
That's nice to know.

The best news is that SE will be in the best quality that is fun to play alone. It takes more than 10 hours to complete the story mode.
So I wont need you guys to be online to have fun. Screw Wifi i'm going SSE. 10 hours I wasn't expecting that, if anything I thought it be more like Adventure mode on SSBM or a little bit more sotry involved. Or is it 10 hours all up together what he means. Cause we all know there's teams and such.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I think 10 hours for one play through with sticking with one team the whole time is pretty good, and consider that (in my opinion) the story will branch off in different directions which will in turn branch off in different directions...weve got one heck of an Adventure

Black/Light

Smash Master
Any actual scan yet? Famitsu mag news and reviews are all over the place at this point yet I have not seen one scan from this mag saying this. . .

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have a major feeling that either Tails or Knuckles will get a spot as a second Sonic character.

However, after seeing this article, both have a chance.

I don't know why people on the board assume that Sakurai will get the same amount of characters from each third party. Because it is fair? I doubt the third parties care as long as they are represented. Sakurai is going to put the best characters for brawl, not follow notions of fairness, etc.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Both might be storyline characters or stickers(although Tails is an assist trophy), but I highly doubt either of them would make it to the character selection.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will have a more detailed translation up this weekend.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Both might be storyline characters or stickers(although Tails is an assist trophy), but I highly doubt either of them would make it to the character selection.
Why do you doubt they will make it? I have heard no good reasons other then the comment by Sakurai back when he first started the game which he used the word "tentatively 2-3 third parties" and according to this new article, has since changed on that stance.
Also I addressed the fairness issue. Third parties want attention more then characters and do not care that much what is represented as long as they are represented. Is it fair that Snake is getting a lot more attention in updates, etc. then the other third parties? I don't think, Sakurai or the third parties are looking at it through everyone's perspective of fairness (everyone arguing that they must have the same number of chars, at, stages).

I wouldn't be suprised as well if some third parties are only represented by ats or stages.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
In the end, it is all opinion. Until the truth is unveiled, no one has evidence either way.

volbound1700

Smash Master
In the end, it is all opinion. Until the truth is unveiled, no one has evidence either way.
Exactly, but reading that X update confirms something I had a hunch about anyways. Fact is most this boards logic is just frankly false. There is no telling what we could get. Not every character will have a stage, not every stage will have character, not every at will have character or stage. Sakurai is putting whatever he and the team feels necessary in the game.

Some third parties like Pac-Man for example could simply just be ats.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
I have a major feeling that either Tails or Knuckles will get a spot as a second Sonic character.

However, after seeing this article, both have a chance.

I don't know why people on the board assume that Sakurai will get the same amount of characters from each third party. Because it is fair? I doubt the third parties care as long as they are represented. Sakurai is going to put the best characters for brawl, not follow notions of fairness, etc.

Sakarai is completely unpredictable. Trying to guess his actions is very difficult.:ohwell:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The fact is that Sakurai follows fewer patterns that we as fans try to pin on him. We attempt to derive truth from his statements/actions when in reality, it may have just an on-the-spot decision. We use P and Q in hopes of triangulating the exact position of R when in reality, Sakurai never gave any consideration to R at all. "This confirms that! That confirms this!" We all just need to chill and wait for the game to come out. XD

volbound1700

Smash Master
Agree with everyone's responses so far. Sakurai has gone back on his comments (which at first mostly limited brawl, most of his changes have been better such as the 4 kinds of controls).

I don't believe really any of the limitations we (smashboards) are putting on the game (only 2-3 third parties, icon theory, every stage has char, etc.).

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
The fact is that Sakurai follows fewer patterns that we as fans try to pin on him. We attempt to derive truth from his statements/actions when in reality, it may have just an on-the-spot decision. We use P and Q in hopes of triangulating the exact position of R when in reality, Sakurai never gave any consideration to R at all. "This confirms that! That confirms this!" We all just need to chill and wait for the game to come out. XD
True, but trying is what makes speculation fun.

Top Bottom