• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Unless Sakurai changes his mind lolz....
Actually it is more than likely that you have to play as random characters as you go through the adventure. I think its much more better than play through the adventure over and over with every characters.

Mama

Smash Ace
Nsider2 forums are a joke...Nsider forums themselves were a joke. The people who populate the Smash related forums are a bunch of Xenophobic, pathetic, ignorant scrubs. You can't believe anything you find on that site without an article. Even if you think the guy is trustworthy. Also posting an article in a foreign language simply enables a longer period of belief of lies. I could do the same thing >.>

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see much of a reason to take this very seriously.

1) It's a translation of a translation of an article that we have no scan of. Not exactly the most reliable source.

2) We have had false translation rumors before. (Recall the whole Animal Crossing fiasco, if you will.)

3) "He also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine..." This doesn't exactly sound like something that Sakurai would say based on what we've heard from him. He's usually very humble and cautious with information. He has never said anything like "there will be more characters than you can imagine"; he'd be more likely to say something like "we're doing our best to include as much content as we can and I hope you will enjoy it". Even if the article is theoretically somewhat legitimate, I sincerely doubt this part of the translation is accurate.

4) "...and he said the team is still adding and programming characters." This is what makes me most skeptical. I can't profess to know everything about the development process here, but I have always assumed that testing and balancing characters was a much more complex and time-consuming process than just putting them into the game. I sincerely doubt that the delay was intended to add characters; It was probably more to fully test and balance the characters already in the game and add other kinds of new content (like the random kinds of modes he releases every now and again). Two months of development (minus the time devoted to production and shipping) is not a lot of time. I sincerely doubt they are adding in totally new characters from scratch at this point.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
4) "...and he said the team is still adding and programming characters." This is what makes me most skeptical. I can't profess to know everything about the development process here, but I have always assumed that testing and balancing characters was a much more complex and time-consuming process than just putting them into the game. I sincerely doubt that the delay was intended to add characters; It was probably more to fully test and balance the characters already in the game and add other kinds of new content (like the random kinds of modes he releases every now and again). Two months of development (minus the time devoted to production and shipping) is not a lot of time. I sincerely doubt they are adding in totally new characters from scratch at this point.
I concur, its most likely for balance purposes and tweaking, alongside the Wifi stuff. If they were adding more characters, and I'm going to be flamed for saying this ;p, they would be clones.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I concur, its most likely for balance purposes and tweaking, alongside the Wifi stuff. If they were adding more characters, and I'm going to be flamed for saying this ;p, they would be clones.
Clones are good I.E. Falco lolz

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
@ Firebert - that's not a good commando name!!! XD XD XD

@Wyvern- those are some good points.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well, I didn't truly mean you didn't know about them. lol. I just meant that these guest characters are going to be the only "guests" from the series because they are most important.

The main rule for Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl was to be a Brawl between Nintendo characters. Because of Hideo's constant badgering to have Snake in Brawl, Sakurai "changed" the rule to include third-party characters that have made a significant impact on Nintendo's history.

Sonic was Mario's rival. Not Tails or Knuckles.

Same for Snake/Liquid. Or... whatever other character that'd be from Metal Gear's series.
Wow you must be Sakurai since you know all about how he is going to let in third party characters! Idiot.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
Wow you must be Sakurai since you know all about how he is going to let in third party characters! Idiot.
Sakurai did give criteria for the third party characters. From what I recall they were along the lines of:

Origin in a video game.
Can't use guns to fight.
Must have their own game.

That's all that comes to mind.

Twillight

Smash Rookie
I think megaman will be perfect, even though he has a gun, he doesn't have to use it. It can kinda like samus's

Dffrwnage

Smash Rookie
Dude, he meant no guns as in nothing that uses like bullets or whatnot. Anyway, I heard Nintendo was talking to Capcom about Megaman. Has anyone else heard this?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
2) We have had false translation rumors before. (Recall the whole Animal Crossing fiasco, if you will.)
That rumor has yet to be disproven. The magazine everyone though around was Coro Coro, but the interview was suppose to be in Famiusti.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
That rumor has yet to be disproven. The magazine everyone though around was Coro Coro, but the interview was suppose to be in Famiusti.
I know Korean, and I viewed the original article. It does not match the translation in the first post. Is that proof enough for you?

Cinatas

Smash Cadet
NNID
cinatas
I think Dante from dmc would be a good char but it being m rated its unlikely

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I know Korean, and I viewed the original article. It does not match the translation in the first post. Is that proof enough for you?
Are your talking about the article on the front page. The only way to disprove the one I'm talking about (AC rep in Famusti) is to get the magazine that it came from (on the correct date) and show the article did not exist.

Sadly, that doesn't disprove this rumor either. The only way to disprove it would get the magazine and prove that what they said never happened. Otherwise, all you can do is say the Korean site is incorrect. But the rumor still hold water. Magazine rumors are the hardest ones becuase you actually need the magazine to disprove it.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
well, obviously there not going to delay brawl for no reason.

This is great news. the part Im truly excited about is " more third party characters'. Sakurai originally told us there would be no more then three. guess he changed his mind :D

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
well, obviously there not going to delay brawl for no reason.

This is great news. the part Im truly excited about is " more third party characters'. Sakurai originally told us there would be no more then three. guess he changed his mind :D

"more" only means greater then one, and we have two so far.

2+>/= 1 may be >/=3

Top Bottom