• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It took me about a month to beat OoT the first time, and I'm sure SM64 took a good amount of time too. I think people here tend to have above average skill in games, and can blaze through a game in no time to have it beat, and then use that as their figure for how long the game takes.

Oh, and given that I got lost in a couple of dungeons, LoZ:TP took me 50 hours to beat the first time :-[

I would not mind a 10 hour Adventure mode. This is a game we'll likely be playing for YEARS, and you all think 10 hours for a mode that we *don't* have to play through with every character is too long? Adventure Mode in Melee probably took a total of 6-8 hours to beat with every character.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
An average game takes about 15 hours to complete. That's what I have come to understand from reviews. o_O
Yea doing EVERYTHING in the game. Of course any game will take over 10+ hours if you try to unlock every bit and do every single thing.

well except megaman. I beat the megaman games in 2-3 hours doing and unlocking everything.yes they were short games.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Yea doing EVERYTHING in the game. Of course any game will take over 10+ hours if you try to unlock every bit and do every single thing.

well except megaman. I beat the megaman games in 2-3 hours doing and unlocking everything.yes they were short games.

No I mean the regular quest. But I guess you don't realize not everyone is an ironman of gaming. o_O

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I really hope this is true.

If so, I'm betting on 5 3rd parties by now.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
It seems just perfect for me.

Then again, I play though any RPG I can get my hands on.

Camelot 'may' be third party (and I doubt they switched yet, so I may not be sure), but Nintendo still owns Isaac.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
im glad they are delaying the game it will give them more time to perfect it so that there are no flaws and it runs smoothly

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I'm not believing this for the simple fact that Sakurai said that 3rd parties would amount to one or two excluding Snake. Sonic is the second 3rd party, we either have one more or thats all we get. But I might believe the SE part.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i think SSE Cant be 10 houres as well. even if sakurai said it himself i wouldn't believe him. what can possibly be in each characters storyline to take 10 hours to complete?

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
More third party's, eh? This bodes well for Bomberman and Rayman... >_>

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Well if THATS true, yay! I don't really mind the delay, if it were still Dec. 3, it would be the week of my Finals, which then would suffer because I would have been Brawling....all day....with new characters...and..

:(
same, if brawl had come out on time I would probably screw up my finals by not studying

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I'm not believing this for the simple fact that Sakurai said that 3rd parties would amount to one or two excluding Snake. Sonic is the second 3rd party, we either have one more or thats all we get. But I might believe the SE part.
You can never go on what Sakurai says. He also said that SSBB would be released Dec. 3rd...:dizzy:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Does this mean another delay?
Doesn't sound like from what I'm reading. I think it's providing a reason for the first one. I think they're definitely almost done/know how far along they are in development enough to not have to announce another delay just about a month after the first one.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Yeah, but is the SSE going to make you collect 120 stars, or 120 of anything for that matter? I hope not.

I think 10 hours is a little unbelievable because this is a fighting game. I don't want to spend 10 hours out of versus on one thing unless it will unlock the majority of the characters.
SE =/= a fighting game. There is fighting in it (duh) but it is an adventure game (beat em up platformer <sidescroller>) ala Viewtiful Joe. There are SIDE SCROLLING LEVELS AND MOVIES as well as boss fights and regular matches. So 10 hours would be about right for a game like that.

You tell me what games takes 10 hours to beat, going through without stopping once, the entire game. I haven't played a single game that took Ten hours to beat in one playthrough. RPG's yes, but those are RPGs. Most action-adventure/fighter were all around 3-5 hours. But 10..? I'm assuming it takes 10 hours to do all side-quests, characters, unlockables and what not. But for the whole game 1 time to be 10 hours total is alot.

Who uhh, said it was? Super Mario 64 didn't take 10 hours to beat neither, unless you wanted to collect all 120 stars, which is considered a side-quest..O.o?
Pretty sure every Halo game, Raze's H.ell, Super Mario Galaxy, Bully, Donkey Kong 64, New Super Mario Bros and if i remember right even the original Pokemon Stadium's single player (Battle Tower or whatever), were all estimated at 9-13 hours. Thats just what most non RPG single player games fall in.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
If every playable character is included in the SE, I think 10 hours is perfectly reasonable.

Desufnoc

Smash Rookie
o well if there is a delay there is nothing we can do about it. Just be grateful that they are even coming out with another one lol. BTW i hope if there are gonna be more characters , i hope they are not duplicates. SE 10 hours ; i doubt it but maybe something close : )

Cless

Smash Champion
SE =/= a fighting game. There is fighting in it (duh) but it is an adventure game (beat em up platformer <sidescroller>) ala Viewtiful Joe. There are SIDE SCROLLING LEVELS AND MOVIES as well as boss fights and regular matches. So 10 hours would be about right for a game like that.
Brawl is a fighting game. Regardless of what the SE is purported to be, it runs off of Brawl's fighting engine. SE is in a fighting game. Adventure mode had beat 'em up platforming elements and cutscenes too. Does that make it a separate game? Don't try and argue with me either. I'm not going to change my mind and I'm going to ignore anything you have to say about the matter.

Yes, I am real mature.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't believe SSE can be 10 hours long. It seems so unlikely. I don't think any game 1 player mode is 10 hours long. RPG's are only longer because you have to constantly level up/side-quests/ and enemies stop you every 10 seconds so you get into a 5 minute battles.
Ever played Zelda?

Ever played MEtroid?

Ever played Galaxy?

Ever played Shadow of the Colossus?

I can keep going..

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe you can beat DK64 in 10 hours if you don't collect every golden banana. I still don't have them all (I'm missing about 6 I think), I just can't beat the robot fish thing in the aquatic level and I can't find some /:

That games really takes forever... XD

BTW nice find, but I'm not sure if I should believe it, because if it won't be like that everybody will be very disappointed...

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
If there's 25+ characters, and each full level takes 15 minutes, and there's a level for 2/3 of the characters (so, about 16/25 minimum), that's 4+ hours. Probably 6+ when more characters are released; and I'd assume that the number given is for casual gamers, not ones who go above and beyond in their gaming.

Top Bottom