• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are level 9 cpu's impossible to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I've spent over 7 hours today trying to beat one, yet never succeeding. Wtf, man, what causes this? What are your experiences with level 9's?

artifact

Smash Cadet
How long have you been playing? level 9s can be challenging but i usually win 9/10 times against them. Just keep practicing. I would suggest starting off at 6 then win a few go up to 7 etc etc... SSBB requires practice

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I've had bad luck with a few of them... I find that it varies largely with which characters you fight.
There's a rumor that the AI learns button presses from the players... I haven't seen this in action myself.

n88

Smash Lord
Just keep playing. You'll figure it out.

PROTIP: Don't attack them while they're shielding. They're shield-grabbing beasts.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
What the above said. I can defeat a level 8 Bowser with Zelda, but cannot defeat a level 9 Pit with Toon Link. It may also be the character you face; Luigi and Pikachu are absolute beasts when at level 9. Next, are you using items? CPU's know how to use them perfectly, but when you take them away, you can get the upper hand. Lastly, fight them on Battlefield or Smashville and avoid Warioware or Pictochat.

artifact

Smash Cadet
ive noticed that after they lose one stock they sometimes change strategies. Luigi is by far the toughest level 9. I can beat them all pretty consistantly except Luigi, i dunno why but hes just really good lol

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
If I have a terrible matchup (Jiggs vs. Mr GaW) or something like that, it's challenging, but under most circumstances I'll win 8-9/10 times. Just keep practicing.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The main problem is Power Shielding and Shield Grabbing. No one can properly space when a computer PS's all of your spacing moves and you're put into horrible situtaions. Don't practice against them or you'll get accustomed to this and you'll aether:

a) End up trying to use their style and fail ultimately because PSing is only good against projecitles

b) Learn how to only exploit lvl.9s weakness and not learn that humans can easily avoid it

that's why I gave up training on lvl 9's, to truly get better you should practice against something with more humanistic timing and make sure not to abuse computer weaknesses.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
You have to play them different then real people they are really stupid and fall for noobish **** but when you are playing like an actual match you lose atleast thats my experience.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Level 9 cpus are impossible to beat because.

That's right. I just did that.

You can never beat level 9s. no matter what. They're just...impossible.

D

Deleted member

Level 9's are incredibly easy. I 2-3 stock them almost every time.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I once heard that M2K almost beat a level 9, but then it powershielded every hit of Nado and then spiked him......

into a KO...

In the middle of FD.

Mr_Game_And_Kirby

Smash Rookie
I once heard that M2K almost beat a level 9, but then it powershielded every hit of Nado and then spiked him......

into a KO...

In the middle of FD.
:urg::urg: ummmm ok im going to go and get chuck norris now. but seriously i dont have any problems with level 9s at all.

artifact

Smash Cadet
Level 9's are incredibly easy. I 2-3 stock them almost every time.
lol and your using metaknight, so basically every move you use out prioritizes theirs lol thats not too hard, try beating Lv 9 Luigi with Jigglypuff, that requires skill lol

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
I don't think they're impossible to beat. They're difficult, don't get me wrong...and they do require certain stratagem, but still...they're possible.

I find that every character has someone that is more difficult than the others, and that same character can get whooped by another character no problem.

I am gobsmacked at the amount of people here who think it's "impossible" though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How long have you been playing? level 9s can be challenging but i usually win 9/10 times against them. Just keep practicing. I would suggest starting off at 6 then win a few go up to 7 etc etc... SSBB requires practice
Yeah, I'd recommend starting at 6 too.

7 hours though.....that's kind of rough...what CPU was it?

If it was Wario, it might be understandable, he still gives me a bit of trouble.

Anybody else though...hmm...

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
hmmm is it really that hard? i mean think about predicting it. basically every lvl cpus airdodge right after getting hit in the air. also with snakes dthrow the usually roll towards whatever edge of the stage is closest. it cant really be that hard can it?

btw cpus do in fact copy button inputs sometimes. this actually happened to me and my friend. after playing for a while we would both do the "crouching" taunt after we got a kill. then while playing a lvl 9 cpu i got KO'd and they did the crouching taunt! wondering if it would do it again i let it kill me again and it did it again. sooo if anybody wonders it is possible that cpus do copy us

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i almost never go up against a Level 9, they are WAY too powerful, especially captain falcon & ganondorf, so take my advice, do NOT go rushing into a level 9 unprepared!

Rudra

Smash Ace
Your concerns are entirely justified in Brawl+: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGem5mFTAzU
That there Kirbeh's still pretty broke. Nerf himz moar plz.
One time a level 9 powershielded my final smash.
For serious? I could have sworn that I witnessed a Wegee PS most of Pit's FS once.

into a KO...
In the middle of FD.
I remember the last time I faced a level 9 . . .

He wavedashed into final smash . . .
And the items were on off . . .
I lol'd.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've never been able to beat a level 9. The worst are the Luigis, especially when they Falcon Punch me into a Critical hit.

DarkestEvil

Smash Rookie
after playing a while, u get accustomed to it
i once tried doing team battle, me vs 3 lvl9 cpu's, n **** was it hard. only way i keep myself safe is spamming away at them as a group n separating them, sucks when they work together. but with my main, 1v1 is pretty ez, i train with lvl 9 cpu's :]

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Who says I'm being sarcastic. If I didnt play B+, i'd load up that replay of M2K getting spiked through the middle of FD.

I tried to MM a Level 9 CPU too. I stuck a credit card into my disc drive and played teh CPU. After I lost, I checked my bank account and there was a withdrawl statement for thirteen dollars and thirty seven cents.

I found my card in my wallet after I opened it up too.

vepix

Smash Cadet
level 9's are pretty easy. Level 9's all on a team against you is pretty hard but you feel good once you've done it. Just keep practicing!

n88

Smash Lord
Who says I'm being sarcastic. If I didnt play B+, i'd load up that replay of M2K getting spiked through the middle of FD.

I tried to MM a Level 9 CPU too. I stuck a credit card into my disc drive and played teh CPU. After I lost, I checked my bank account and there was a withdrawl statement for thirteen dollars and thirty seven cents.

I found my card in my wallet after I opened it up too.
This made my day.

This thread is officialy worthy of existing, just for this post.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
CPUs are not good to fight against. It gives you bad habits, WiFi is much much better.
And CPUs arn't hard, I JV 4stocked one once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom