• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whobo 3!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nah, they all placed within the bounds of expectancy. Illmatic does deserve credit though, having a win against ESAM in bracket under his belt and placing 13th at a national is one of the better showings our character has had in a good while. Props to him, and good effort to everyone else.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Oh good, I don't have to make a silly profile thing...

Ehem :p

Very well done everyone and an extra well done to Illmatic for getting 13th :) Who did you guys play/win against/lose to?

Who got above you all btw? I've heard some funky stuff between (W) DK and (RB) Olimar going on

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Props to Ill.

BUT HOWWWW???
Good question, I watched a lot of his matches, and he played pretty basic with good spacing for the most part except when it came for KO time, then some jazzy float canceled aerials took place, but it was mainly smarts that got him that far.

I know he beat Zeton, ESAM, and idk about the rest, but he did win MMs vs good players like RedHalberd.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Glad the Peach's did really well. And props to Illmatic for beating ESAM, and Zeton. Zeton's Fox was an absolute beast. I saw him beat Kprime's Pikachu.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm so proud of my boy Illmatic. Hope WHOBO gets him more cool points.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Ok first off I want to say that although I am content with getting 13th out of 137, I am ultimately disappointed in myself for losing to Will for 9th place. Placing in the single digits would have been a huge callout for our character and I'm sorry I let everyone down. The worst part is I actually beat Will in a $10 money match the day before the singles bracket started. I got hit with alot of dumb stuff, and will abused the LGL limit (which was only adhered to Metaknight), good games Will.

Secondly I would like to state that Silly Kyle put in MAD work at this tournament. His Peach impressed me left and right, we can all learn some things from him in the small things he does in his gameplay. Considering the region he is in (freakin' Arizona), and his gameplay is tremendous. He (in my opinion) is definitely the most underrated Peach and deserves a top 3 spot if even that.

He came to Texas (and although he got ***** by Xyro and most of the Zero Suit Samuses from Texas) he beat Zori and Jerm both palyers that know the Peach matchup very well. Jerm had sick johns though lol. Kyle outplaced every other Peach there (besides me) and didn't have a easy bracket at all, so mad respect from me goes to him. He basically had to play Texas cold turkey while they had infinite amount of matchup experience and still won. Props bro.

In tournament

In pools the notable players I had were; Dojo, Holmes, Andilex, Aposol, Slaps, Batou, and Chuy (Peachguard's friend).

I 2-0'd every one in bracket besides Chuy, Holmes and Dojo.

I beat Chuy (2-1), as well as Holmes (2-1). Holmes is the same wolf that (2-0)'d me at Phase X.

Against Dojo I was winning game one three stocks to one and Dojo made a huge comeback and beat me. Game two I got roofio'd and I also self destructed.

I advanced out of pools with second seed and proceeded to play Kuraudo (Sonic main from Canada considered overall 4th or 5th best Sonic). I beat him (2-0)

Then I practiced against K Prime for a bit and played ESAM on livestream. Pretty hype match, at least 50+ people watching it at the venue and I managed to beat him game one with around 70%. Game two he took me to Frigate and I got JV 3 stocked, and game three I took him to Brinstar and destroyed him.

Then I played Inui, and was doing extremely well first round until I got hit by an early shuttle loop (lost game one), CP'd him to ps1 and solidly beat him, then proceeded to brinstar and lost because I suicided at 0% from the weird splitting part due to inui d-throwing me.

After that I played Zeton and beat him (2-1). His Fox is incredible and probably the second or third best in the nation.

Then I played Will and got planked because he had just finished playing Rich Brown and grabbed the ledge 180 times against him.

Wasn't as bad versus me, but it was frustrating and probably added to the fact to why I lost.

Money Matches

In total I made $201 profit in money matches. I was going non-stop and I believe for the most part it allowed me to stay in shape and place fairly well in tournament. Against Will though, I know it hurt me - he somewhat figured me out for tournament.

Notable Wins were:

Redhalberd (Snake) 2-1 $5
Redhalberd (Metaknight) 2-1 $5
NOID (Samus) 2-0 Second round two stock $5
NOID (Shiek) 2-0 First round two stock $10
Atomsk (Wario) 2-0 $5
Tmac (DDD) 3-1 $10
MJG/Ensis (Toon Link) 3-1 $50
Shadow1pj (Toon Link) 2-0 $5
Jnig (Wario) 2-1 $5
Tmac (Wario) 2-1 $5
Sinister Slush (Yoshi) 2-0 $5
Will (Donkey Kong) 3-2 $10

There were many more, those are just the ones that stuck out in my mind the greatest. I also played Rich Brown about twelve times in friendlies and went I believe a game or two more than him in them. So like me 6 and him 5 or something. They were super intense and fun, and I believe he helped me learn the matchup greatly. I still have a severe Marth problem.

Ultimately, I had a blast. I had alot of fun talking to Kyle and Raz, and rarely talked to Nicole - but when I did it seemed as if she was in a great mood and having fun which is great. It was probably my most monumental tournament to date, and as far as goals go, I'm just going to try and take this character to greater heights than before.

Hype.

z00ted

Dude thank you soooo much for playing with me and talking about strategies and smart counterpicks throughout the entire tournament, you helped me a ton.

Redhalberd chillest Floridian.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
Illmatic backing up his smack talk. Good stuff.

And also lurking like a noob lolololol.

z00ted

Oh ya, doubles.

Vinnie (Game and Watch) and I teamed for doubles. He is honestly one of the most intelligent players I have ever faced (up there with Razer, Ally, Gnes, etc etc).

We had a STACKED bracket. I honestly do not know what the hell was wrong with the seeding, (Inui seeded us and Vinnie and him have a **** poor relationship) but we got ****ed up big time.

Regardless, we still *****.

Round one we played Fliphop and Logic (2-0)

Round two was Tyrant and Lee Martin (1-2) Last hit game three :(

Round three was Shadow1pj and GDX (2-0) 5 Stock

Round four was Trela and Jerm (2-0)

Round Five was Coney and Rich Brown (2-1)

Round Six was Ensis and Domo (0-2)

I believe we got 5th/49 or 7th/49 not too sure.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dude thank you soooo much for playing with me and talking about strategies and smart counterpicks throughout the entire tournament, you helped me a ton.

Redhalberd chillest Floridian.
It was my pleasure bro. Anytime you can make it down to FL I got you for dubs if Im open ;)

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Why is my name the only one with a stock count? I sded twice game 1 so w/e.

edit: yes i feel the need to ***** and moan

edit: cause ima crybaby

i shoop doop to the hoop

L.

afk.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i got gayed by inconsistent rules. i don't rly feel like i had a fair chance tbh. i played well, learned a ton of stuff but i should've been in that bracket. they need to have the rules set beforehand but whatev.

i have legit salt lol.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
for real. i mean i had my chance at redemption but at the same time it's not really legit, if anything i shud've been able to play MVD instead. i'd rather snake than marth anyway haha. but that's not my fault. the rules should absolutely not be changed on me after pools.

i got cheated so hard even though i easily had my spot in bracket in hand. it's really gay.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
My faith in Peach has been restored

Hopefully she'll get some more respect now (provided DK doesn't steal all of it). Fantastic job to all of you - I honestly though it'd be another '49th or 65th placement' carry on

Very well done everyone - keep it up :) I have high hopes for the future :)

z00ted

Here is a complete list of my money match wins and losses.

Money Matches Over $10

Ensis :toonlink: - $50, 3/5 W

Tmacc :dedede: - $10, 3/5 W

Will :dk2: - $10, 3/5 W

FlameWaveK :lucario: - $10, 2/3 W

Money Matches Under $10

ESAM :pikachu2: - $5, 2/3 W (in tournament)

Zano :marth: - $5, 2/3 W

Nike :marth: - $5, 2/3 L

Ally :metaknight: - $5, 2/3 L

Logic :olimar: - $5, 2/3 L (I allowed him to go MK on Brinstar game three)

Neon :dk2: - $5, 2/3 W

Sinister Slush :yoshi2: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :peach: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :gw: - $5, 2/3 L

Fujin :zelda: - $3, 2/3 W

RedHalberd :snake: - $5, 2/3 W

RedHalberd :metaknight: - $5, 2/3 W

ADHD :diddy: - $5, 2/3 L

Slaps :ike: - $5, 2/3 W

Shadow1pj :toonlink: - $5, 2/3 W

Ozz :falco: - $5, 2/3 L

Jnig :wario: - $5, 2/3 W

Leaf :pikachu2: - $5, 2/3 WW

Raz :snake: - $5, 2/3 L

Tmacc :wario: - $3, 2/3 W

FlameWaveK :peach: - $1, 2/3 W

Zeton :fox: - $5, 2/3 W (in tournament)

DFEAR :diddy: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :popo: - $5, 2/3 L

ChaosGriffin :dk2: - $5, 2/3 W

MechWarrior :dk2: - $10, 2/3 W

BSL :luigi2: - $3, 2/3 W

BSL :olimar: - $3, 2/3 W

Atomsk :dedede: - $5, 2/3 L

Atomsk :wario: - $5, 2/3 W

NOID :samus2: - $5, 2/3 W

NOID :sheik: - $10, 2/3 W

Total Wins: 27

Total Losses: 9

clowsui

Smash Legend
fuujin's right lol

seriously how is zelda going to stop peach from just coming in and harassing her with perfect FF Fairs + jab pressure? that **** is frame neutral (ff fair -> jabx2 since ff fair is +4 done perfectly) on block LOL

zelda's jab is horrendous, her shield grab is ***, her dodge/roll sucks

she can't keep peach away because her projectile is ***

she's not capable of hitting peach w/ toes when peach has float mobility left to right, she has to try and read when peach goes upwards...which is rarely ever against zelda ANYWAYS

terrible

z00ted

What's this I read? An SD? Shouldn't have said anything, heheh...
loooool xD

fuujin's right lol

seriously how is zelda going to stop peach from just coming in and harassing her with perfect FF Fairs + jab pressure? that **** is frame neutral (ff fair -> jabx2 since ff fair is +4 done perfectly) on block LOL

zelda's jab is horrendous, her shield grab is ***, her dodge/roll sucks

she can't keep peach away because her projectile is ***

she's not capable of hitting peach w/ toes when peach has float mobility left to right, she has to try and read when peach goes upwards...which is rarely ever against zelda ANYWAYS

terrible
Peach vs Zelda is like 70:30 in our favor loool

clowsui

Smash Legend
thank you for agreeing with me

any peach who loses to zelda is a worse player than the zelda he faces LOL, either that or the peach is on some depressant

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
id like to say i ***** every peach(raz/nicol/kyle) at whobo with my samus.

this doesnt mean they are bad players it just means i am god like and samus vs peach is EVEN or slightly in samus favor.

DEAL WITH IT

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ Ain't play me yet broski. I've got those weird matchups all on lock. It isn't in Samus' favor lol.

MIDWEST! :cool:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This post has been recently edited.

Wow, this is the ****.

Top Bottom