• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll investigate this but only if there is a trade off, either someone pays me or the ones that think Olimar can't beat DK's planking stop posting forever.
I'll main Bowser on the April AiB ladder if you do.

Also I'll look at this if I can get it set-up.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tee Vee is a genius LMBO!!!

@ RichBrown sucks that it had 2 happen 2 U

@ Espy and other Sonic's - MORE STEAK PLZ!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The metagame changes towards better plankers and characters than can dislodge them from the easier. Why are we preventing this? Its the natural course of the game, we will either find new counters to most of the plankers or the game will 100% degenerate. If you ban pre-emptively you will never know if there is going to be new counters. Also, losing a match by getting 3 stock then planking and winning is a perfectly legit technique as long as the planking is not overcentralizing vs the whole cast. I didn't see will plank his way to top 3, where you at richbrown, wheres your counterpicking? Your adaptation? Its your job as a player to keep up with these things. Don't blame planking when it only works vs you, don't blame the rules for not banning planking, blame yourself for not coming up with a better way to beat it. As always, expect the unexpected and be able to adapt on the fly.
I ****in love you, Swordgard. Stay sexy.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
why does most of the BBR encourage driving the competitive aspect of the game away, as well as new players that may be interested in the game - while 85% of the smash community wants to do the exact opposite?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do away with the BBR and let the community destroy itself. :troll:

Suspect

Smash Hero
why does most of the BBR encourage driving the competitive aspect of the game away, as well as new players that may be interested in the game - while 85% of the smash community wants to do the exact opposite?
BBR = Illuminatti

WE NEED A REVOLUTION

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Im so glad I live in europe LOL

3 minute matches on smashville all day !

seriously though, hope alex wont use the same rules at apex
Except I timed you out once already :awesome:

There are a lot of characters that can't handle DKs planking

And are we really defending the notion of allowing 185 ledge grabs? Who wants to watch that ****? It's just killing the game. I don't understand how any of you are defending this.
I agree and don't agree with you lol

Rich handled the situation like a little *****, Don't be rude to Will over Xyro's decision-making.

-Mad respect points for you.

Don't shoot the messenger.
This, but in a nicer way

I wasn't asking how to beat DKs planking with Ike, I was asking how to beat it in general.
Wtf....

Well I've had some time to calm down, so I wanna say a few things then leave this alone:.
Good ****

lrn 2 power-shield arrows.
Goes to show you probably have no idea how to play this game

Cept no one is arguing just stating opinions. You should just stfu already all of your 2318923712893 posts the last couple pages have been completely stupid and dumb
LOLOLOLOL

go kain
Someone said they recorded Rich Brown raging and had it on Youtube, wheres the link? lmao
LOL oh word I kinda want to see that XD

IPast 2 whobos xyros pool rules worked pretty well, idk if its completely Inuis fault but damn its dumb.
Matches have always counted for pools over here and there's never this problem

Rich has all the right to react in the way he did. It's complete bull**** and nothing was earned on the part of Will. Well, he had the heart to do something that would piss people off, but I'd hardly call that "earning".

I don't think you guys are looking at what would really trigger this kind of behavior. Imagine paying a lot of money to fly across the nation. Imagine putting in hours of hard work to make yourself a legitimate threat at any tournament you go to. Imagine all that effort being put to waste by 185 ledge grabs. Like, really? I don't blame him 1 bit. I woulda done the same thing, except maybe I woulda taken it out on the game rather than the people involved...

This is just another example of what's wrong with the game IMO. I got mad once that these types of low-skill tactics could prevail over hard work. It seems a lot of people agree.

Some try to change it, some try to prove it (Will), and others just quit. I chose to quit. This game isn't made for this kind of play.
Eh, idk. I definitely wouldnt have been angry, but then again It's probably because I wouldve just been able to say it's karma :awesome:

I'm happy everything ended okay

Will is a ***ing hero.
Word.

i still dont understand why will "planking" an olimar is such a big deal

if there was no lgl, it would have been an auto loss since olimar would have just played keep away and ran away all game and theres nothing DK can do.

they are the same ****ing thing lol, only with no lgl, DK actually has a chance to win. and if its so OP why didnt will even place top 5?

the only argument ive seen is planking is boring to watch, well personally i think olimar/falco running away all match is just as boring.
This is really true...

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
There's nothing more competitive than letting the game evolve naturally. Those who seek to destroy the integrity of the game because of their subjective perception of "gayness" are what is truly dangerous to the game and the community.

clowsui

Smash Legend
can we please have MORE THAN ONE PERSON IN THE BBR (i.e. MORE THAN JUST ADUM) looking at planking for each character? it's very tiring to see all these complaints about planking when we don't have that much data about it

Lovage

Smash Hero
aight i'm really not trying to troll but i've been reading a few pages of this thread and i gotta ask..

do you guys even like ur game? LMAO

z00ted

Lovage, the community loves the game but the BBR wants us to hate it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So we're supposed to allow infinites and let DDD **** DK but not let DK (supposedly) beat Olimar by ledge camping?

Olimar ***** DK on stage, we're supposed to have a rule that is practically saying, hey DK, you NEED to fight Olimar where he destroys you, not how you want to

Maybe Rich Brown just doesn't know how to combat ledge camping therefor losing to NOID and Will?

*GASP* Maybe Olimar has a weakness that RB can't deal with?

Perhaps RB should pick up DDD as a secondary to EASILY handle Samus and DK?

z00ted

So we're supposed to allow infinites and let DDD **** DK but not let DK (supposedly) beat Olimar by ledge camping?

Olimar ***** DK on stage, we're supposed to have a rule that is practically saying, hey DK, you NEED to fight Olimar where he destroys you, not how you want to

Maybe Rich Brown just doesn't know how to combat ledge camping therefor losing to NOID and Will?

*GASP* Maybe Olimar has a weakness that RB can't deal with?

Perhaps RB should pick up DDD as a secondary to EASILY handle Samus and DK?
Let me reiterate what you have just stated.

You ban infinite grabs against DK (which basically makes the matchup 100-0) in DDD's favor, but yet you don't enforce a ledge grab limit (which basically makes one - being olimar - or even more matchups 100-0 in DK's favor)?

When you banned the infinite grab against DK with DeDeDe you allowed DK to have somewhat of a chance in the matchup, therefore Will took out alot of top DeDeDes, because he was the better, smarter, more technical player.

If you never enforce a LGL, RichBrown will never have a chance.

Which sounds more competitive?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not the BBR making the rules, it's the BBR-RC. It's a completely separate room with different members making the rules. The people in it are the main TOs from all areas, aka it's the TOs making these rules, not the BBR.

z00ted

BBR has nothing to do with the BBR-RC, I know that's weird, we don't have any control over it.
It's not the BBR making the rules, it's the BBR-RC. It's a completely separate room with different members making the rules. The people in it are the main TOs from all areas, aka it's the TOs making these rules, not the BBR.
what the **** are you all good for then?

The ruleset is the staple of the game competitively.

that is pretty ignorant, and sounds like a dictatorship if you ask me.

"oh let's just make our own rules and not let any of the players have any say in it whatsoever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom