• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^rofl

i think it actually started about fifteen minutes ago?

Trent

Smash Champion
Holy crap. Illmatic's post appeared while I was looking at the page, not when I refreshed.

This would have been useful for the Pound V results thread.

z00ted

NO MORE NINJaS~!~!~!~!~!~!~!!111!1

what is the world coming to? :(

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yo **** all this did you guys see Trela vs Ally game 1 HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY

clowsui

Smash Legend
i just want to say this

once you ban something, you never go back.

this is why i'm a liberalist or w/e. granted, not a very strong one - as a falco main/brawl player i couldn't care less that there are less stages and an LGL because i think the game is more entertaining that way- but nevertheless i have a genuine concern for banning things because once you ban something, you never go back.

i agree, some/many stages/tactics are degenerate and it would be nice to see them gone but we need to know FOR SURE that what we're removing is going to make the game better. there is no single fighting game community in existence that has ever "reversed" a ban to my knowledge, because once you start putting a rule in practice and people like that rule (even if it may prove detrimental to the game, as other, stronger "liberalists" argue), then it will continue to be put in practice

z00ted

Esam - me / mvd

seibrik - vinnie / redhalberd

thats all I know for sure

gallax

Smash Hero
Nice, MVD putting it to esam and halberd to brik lol. Fl beating fl haha that sucks. Good win ill. Ive told esam that peach has an adv against pikachu but NOOOOO gallax doesnt know wtf hes talking about. Glad you whooped him. Maybe u knocked some sense into him.

z00ted

^this

@gallax wahahahahhahah he was scared of me early on because i 2-0'd him at Dallas in our money match.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Id like to know what happened to all the FL players that went to this.

Esam/Seibrik/Halberd/MVD lost to?
Esam lost to illmatic and mvd

Seibrik lost to me and redhalberd. And infinity in pools. I think he went wario vs infinity.

Redhalberd lost to tyrant and adhd i think. And espy in pools.

MVD lost to trela and me iirc.

gallax

Smash Hero
Well those are legit losses by FL then. Tyrants a boss at the ditto. MVD losing to a lucario with snake again is a shame. Shows how he needs to start being smarter than fancier at times.

z00ted

despite everything that happened this was a super fun tournament.

can't wait for the results thread for shoutouts

CO18

Smash Hero
LOL, damn some of yall shouldve been known Esca's a ***** and sucks loooool.

I said hed get 33rd, probably way too generous rofl. Did he even make it out of pools? scrub a dub dub.

also shoutouts to me knowing halberd will beat gnes although xyros "noone in fl can beat gnes comment", even though lade is still bad.

z00ted

esca get 17th or 25th CO18 and played really well.

lost to Zeton and someone else.. can't remember.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
LOL, damn some of yall shouldve been known Esca's a ***** and sucks loooool.

I said hed get 33rd, probably way too generous rofl. Did he even make it out of pools? scrub a dub dub.

also shoutouts to me knowing halberd will beat gnes although xyros "noone in fl can beat gnes comment", even though lade is still bad.
Your dumb and stupid at the same time since Richbrown posted and said esca was a nice guy irl which he is. he just starts drama/trolls online just like 80% of the community does. he also placed well

and did you really just say "shoutouts to me"

CO18

Smash Hero
Oh word thats impressive then at least I can make fun of the great Seibrik for tying with him since seibrik is so good at this game and much better then me as he stated earlier.
Did he beat anyone worth mentioning though?

also CO18 = highest placing Fl player in whobo history. scrillaaa

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i just want to say this

once you ban something, you never go back.

this is why i'm a liberalist or w/e. granted, not a very strong one - as a falco main/brawl player i couldn't care less that there are less stages and an LGL because i think the game is more entertaining that way- but nevertheless i have a genuine concern for banning things because once you ban something, you never go back.

i agree, some/many stages/tactics are degenerate and it would be nice to see them gone but we need to know FOR SURE that what we're removing is going to make the game better. there is no single fighting game community in existence that has ever "reversed" a ban to my knowledge, because once you start putting a rule in practice and people like that rule (even if it may prove detrimental to the game, as other, stronger "liberalists" argue), then it will continue to be put in practice
Naruto fighting game community did, but then they realized only one of the four they banned was actually bannable.

clowsui

Smash Legend
did they implement any surgical rules in relation to those other 3 after they were reintroduced?

nevertheless, there's a counterexample. i respect them for having the judgment to go back and assess whether or not characters/strategies are bannable.

however, my point still stands. it is far easier to ban something than to go back

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Planking drama aside, this was a great tournament. Xyro did a good job making sure that everything finished on time.

In other news, this live thread thing is so cool! It even works with edits!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
People are seriously arguing for planking when the whole reason Will did it was to show how GAY it was? Seems he failed cause now everyone wants planking to be ok I guess. Like I said this community is mad fail just want to play gay as ****

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
did they implement any surgical rules in relation to those other 3 after they were reintroduced?

nevertheless, there's a counterexample. i respect them for having the judgment to go back and assess whether or not characters/strategies are bannable.

however, my point still stands. it is far easier to ban something than to go back
It was more so, wah wah these characters too good ban them, so they did and they realized late, wait a second these characters are good but not broken, except one who was legit broken.

They banned them before they let anything develop, which follows what you were saying.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Kain in case you were referring to me, i'm not advocating anything but some serious investigation/research into planking for all characters that can do it so that you can find out whether it's beatable or not because again, once you take it away, it's gone forever...and who knows whether or not a certain LGL is too low or too high even after it's implemented

by the way, has the BBR/community done any serious investigation into items/custom stages as a way to address this issue? i know it's unpopular but i think that such elements could possibly satisfy both sides of this whole planking debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom