• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I completely agreeing with kain lmao i can't believe there are people who actually are backing up a no lgl rule or encouraging it. What bs imo. This is exactly why this game is dying lol. I don't think there are any nationals w/o all the brawl drama. If it's not one thing it's another lol. Sigh

Esca

Smash Champion
Also, Esca, I do find it interesting that you're picking NOW to bring up all this stuff, instead of telling me this at the venue. Iirc, I even talked to you a bit about some other random things at the venue, and you still chose not to bring anything up until now. Be a man and quit hiding behind your computer.
LOL I didn't talk to you at ALL at the venue. You blew up day 1 at the venue and lost all my respect from the beginning. I wouldn't give you the time of day bro..

I just wanted you to know how stupid you looked in front of 140 people this past weekend.

Also @CO18, tsk tsk tsk.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find it hilarious people actually believed will when he said he was just planking to prove a point.
He was doing it because it was working and it was the only way he was gonna get that far. Nothing more than that.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I find it hilarious people actually believed will when he said he was just planking to prove a point.
He was doing it because it was working and it was the only way he was gonna get that far. Nothing more than that.
Most likely for both. Why are *******es like you allowed to post?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if the wii didn't have autosave then my match probably wasn't recorded :(

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If you can make posts filled with complete bs, so can I.
Their not BS. Of course he did it to get far, but also cause it was allowed? If it wasn't allowed would he have any reason to do it? Has he ever done it before? No. Seriously shut up go back to the BBR tier list and theorycraft and troll their. Real life issues going on with the game shouldn't concern someone who never leaves his computer or sucks at the game. Shoo fly

Coney

Smash Master
the whole point was that he COULD get that far abusing those tactics, you dolt

how is saying "look how gay this is" and "look how far i can go doing this gay ****" any different? of course he abused it because it worked, THAT IS THE POINT

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Who is saying DK absolutely loses to Olimar on stage?

Then how did Will beat Logic the other day with 35 lgl???

Some people these days....

infomon

Smash Scientist
it worked because he's better than his opponent

partly because the opponent didn't know how to pick stages or change character apparently lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Their not BS. Of course he did it to get far, but also cause it was allowed? If it wasn't allowed would he have any reason to do it? Has he ever done it before? No. Seriously shut up go back to the BBR tier list and theorycraft and troll their. Real life issues going on with the game shouldn't concern someone who never leaves his computer or sucks at the game. Shoo fly
Oh my, the salt with you is endless.
Is your name richbrown? No. Is your name will? No.
Then it concerns you just as much as it concerns me.
Sorry if you thought you had some higher calling in life to single-handedly resolve tournament disputes.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I'll just say a few things.

First off, I really don't like the attitude of people saying, "Will only got that far because of how he played." Will is a strong player and was able to abuse the living **** out of a strategy made available to him by the ruleset. Anyone was able to do it, but apparently he did it really ****ing well. And even if he hadn't, he's still a great player. Relax.

Second, RB has every right to be mad, so I don't feel like any apologizing is necessary. As much as it isn't Will's fault, if I was RB, I'd be really ****ing pissed. It's just the situation. RB is human, he's not gonna lose because of something that is both out of his control and just stupid, but then walk away and say, "Oh, well kudos to Will for rulesetting me".

Third, Will will most likely give his thoughts on the entire thing this week on Directional Influence, so check out the next episode this Tuesday.

Oh, and fourth, obviously every big Smash tournament will now have some sort of drama. It's a new trend.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Oh my, the salt with you is endless.
Is your name richbrown? No. Is your name will? No.
Then it concerns you just as much as it concerns me.
Sorry if you thought you had some higher calling in life to resolve tournament disputes.
I'm trying to resolve a dispute? Not really I'm stating what most people think about LGL and my opinion on what happened. It concerns me cause I actually go to tournaments and watch and participate in the community unlike you. You aren't really involved or take part in it so....why should you have any say? I'm salty because your a ******* and I'm calling you one? News to me I guess salty is a word that just gets thrown out alot nowadays

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Let's stop the back and worth bickering, it's not gonna go anywhere good.

~

I'm not a fan of the proof it at a national thing all the time, sure you proved a point but you just screwed over everyone who entered.

I mean we could have tested IDC to see if it was broken for MK and see where that went.

leffen

Smash Champion
Who is saying DK absolutely loses to Olimar on stage?

Then how did Will beat Logic the other day with 35 lgl???

Some people these days....
who is saying he absolutely wins offstage just because rb lost?

though you people are mad ****tarded.

im so glad im not a brawl player, ****ty kids hating their game ftw.

Coney

Smash Master
i love it when people say "kids" as if they're above playing a game with sonic the ****ing hedgehog

you're a tool

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
guys, i think we should follow the melee community and ban MK altogether. I mean, they banned MK and look what happened! the community is thriving!
[/uguyscwhatididtharxD]
what the ****, as i was typing this ^ post appeared. Autoupdate now?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Second, RB has every right to be mad, so I don't feel like any apologizing is necessary. As much as it isn't Will's fault, if I was RB, I'd be really ****ing pissed. It's just the situation. RB is human, he's not gonna lose because of something that is both out of his control and just stupid, but then walk away and say, "Oh, well kudos to Will for rulesetting me".
well, lets look at this situation, and compare it to will vs cheese at mlg.

will got gayed by the rules even worse than RB did, not to mention it was done to him by a good friend that he sees at like every tourney he goes to. and 'kudos to him for rulesetting me' was pretty much exactly what will said in responce to the situation.

Rich Brown is a child and could take a lesson in anger management from the same guy who just served him up some humble pie

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I told you morons to add a LGL for other characters but you were all so mad hating MK that you wanna restrict or ban him instead. Rich Brown has plenty good reason to be mad because that **** is bull****. I will say good stuff Will for proving a point though, I support that part

EDIT - Make the timer 10 minutes, stop putting the timer at 8 minutes only. With 8 minute timer, trying to win BY timeout is a LOT easier than it would be if it was 10 minutes. It makes matches end properly a lot more often by far. If you can time someone out with a 10 minute timer, then props to you you deserve to win if you can pull that **** off

Cook

Smash Master
^Idk, I see a lot of matches where there are two minutes left and both players have 2 stocks still. I don't know that the extra 2 minutes would make that much of a difference, but I could be wrong.

RichBrown

Smash Master
LOL I didn't talk to you at ALL at the venue. You blew up day 1 at the venue and lost all my respect from the beginning. I wouldn't give you the time of day bro..

I just wanted you to know how stupid you looked in front of 140 people this past weekend.

Also @CO18, tsk tsk tsk.
Then why are you here now continuing to talk **** to me for no good reason? And we did talk at the venue, but whatever I guess you'll continue to deny it.

OH let me share something with everyone: I told Esca at the venue that he was good at pissing people off, then inquired if that was why he had a black eye. He said "Yes, are you gonna give me another one?"

And on top of this, I already tried to clear **** up with you anyways. So if you want to continue to complain about a dead issue, then so be it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think ive changed my mind.

Im kinda with m2k at this point now. he said something just now. he said if you time somebody out on a 10 minute timer, you deserve the win.

The way i see it, if increasing the timer to 10 minutes will stop people from complaining, and will make them accept it when they lose by getting timed out instead of whining, than i think im for it. if 10 minutes will make people accept time outs as a valid form of victory, im all for it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Okay I'll try to make the logic easier

Would you say 5 minute timer compared to a 10 minute timer, that timeouts would happen twice as often because the timer is half as much?

Answer: Clearly not, because MANY MANY matches end in over 5 minutes, but VERY VERY FEW would be able to take up 10. It would fix a LOT of problems by doing that, and people don't want to listen to me because a) they're stupid 2) they want to have a reason to ban or restrict MK instead 3) they use the logic that tourneys would last even longer, even though IT MIGHT MAKE THEM SHORTER because people WOULDN'T TRY TO WIN THE MATCH WITH THE --- INTENTIONS --- OF TIMING THEM OUT. Thus, making many matches shorter. Overall, the total effect would barely change when the tournament ends, but it would solve a lot of other issues instead quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom