• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
im a complete noob at falco but not a noob at the game. Ive been playing for years and i want to learn a high tier character. How is the shdl performed???? And how do you double shine and still use an aerial attack before the opponent is sent in whatever direction you sent them at. I can shffl and wavedash well and i can shine cancel somewhat so i dont think im jumping ahead of myself too quickly.
well you cant short hop double laser with falco for one,

"And how do you double shine and still use an aerial attack before the opponent is sent in whatever direction you sent them at"

and do you mean doing sine bair's? like you shine them and then jump and bair them?

you just need to shine, then jump then bair quickly lol nothing special

PK Webb

Smash Champion
ok i'll try that. ummmmmm i looked a little bit harder at the falco vids and i noticed the double lasers were only done on the edges. How is that one done?????

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
ok i'll try that. ummmmmm i looked a little bit harder at the falco vids and i noticed the double lasers were only done on the edges. How is that one done?????
you ledge hop and press b twice lol

there is nothing special about any of the moves, no tricks, nothing. its exactly what its called.

lhdl (ledge hop double laser)

PK Webb

Smash Champion
wow i guess i expected so more complications just because of how faster he moves. i feel even more noobish towards falco

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
Just like with the shine bairs, the fastest way to ledge hop double laser is to drop down with the control stick, dj again with the control stick, and start lasering asap while moving forward. This is also possible using x or y to jump, but I find it easier to use the control stick.

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
I have difficulty with the cont. stick doing lhdl, actually. I have a tendency to do up- b or over -b. I just put my thumb on y and slide it down the outer edge (so I don't hit A) to b and hit it twice. A word of advice: just flick the cont. stick down or else you'll do the shine instead (which is still good if they're standing right by the ledge, where you're lasers will go through them) and wait a little while longer than you'd think to press y, in order to get the first shot at the right height. Practice in training mode first to get the timing down - I had to start on 1/4 speed and work my way up.

I have a question on REVERSE lhdl (shooting the lasers off of the stage while they're recovering) I side b with this a lot. Any advice, besides keep practicing?

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Hey falcos. I main marth, but I'm working on flaco as back-up. Do you know if Falco's side-b has spike properties on the finishing sweetspot? I had no chance of recovering so I did a hopeless side-b against a kirby friend messing around beside the stage, and he got spiked down when I barely hit him.
And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...I read the first seventeen pages, but there's more than 200 pages :s

PB&J

Smash Hero
watch shizwiz vs keepspeedn and watch them use it in there combos but only practice ths after u have ur tech good enuff to move in tight situations

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Question: Does anyone shine to JC-grab if they miss?

I just picked up Falco less than a week ago, so sorry if I'm just being a bother, but I've never seen a Fox or Falco player make use of the fact that they can grab right out of a shine.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

I just picked up Falco less than a week ago, so sorry if I'm just being a bother, but I've never seen a Fox or Falco player make use of the fact that they can grab right out of a shine.
well i just picked it up with fox about a week ago.
sometimes i shield pressure with shhfl dairs and waveshines (not very consistantly)
but i like to try to mix in shine grab on the shield.

i too, would like to know the drawbacks of this?
since i never see it done, there must be some. ha
does anyone knows what this is at 17-19 with fox and if so how do u do it?....i think is called the sticky walk but not sure.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzY-Ab7OmuI
i think so.
but i've never seen anyone other than falcon do it.
(ss plays a little too flashy at times. lol)

p.s. i've only done it with falcon, and i wasn't trying to. so idk how to do it. sorry.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
well i just picked it up with fox about a week ago.
sometimes i shield pressure with shhfl dairs and waveshines (not very consistantly)
but i like to try to mix in shine grab on the shield.

i too, would like to know the drawbacks of this?
since i never see it done, there must be some. ha
The shine will sometimes push the shielding opponent out of reach of a grab.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
depending on char...and if its a light shield or not...

there are better options

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

ironically, the only falco/fox i've ever seen do it is shiz.

I try to throw it in when i play falco.

Shine-Grab is that grimmy ****. XD

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I use it sometimes =D

empty sh to shine-(against shield)-grab ***** ^_^

and whenever you can land a dashcanceled shine on a shield it's cool to do a shinegrab
(for example while techchasing)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Another question: Does anyone shield laser, or shine laser? Shield lasering would just be holding L or R and SHLing as normal, and shine laser would be the same, except you'd need to keep reshining and JCing the shine. Figured it'd be an interesting way to play if you're going against a Fox spamming lasers as well.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the thought of shine->grab boggles my mind. i've never considered it but the techskill ivolved wud be tricky. shine, wavedash, jc grab. Against a shield unless im wrong you're begging to get shieldgrabbed?

i shine laser sometimes Proverbs, mostly when the shine hits them up and they di to a side, i full hop laser
i dotn shield as falco, i just dont get hit :D

Falcinho

Smash Ace
@Proverbs: he shouldn't be able to shoot lasers when you SHL ^^'
Against Docs pills or Peach's turnips it can be useful sometimes, but usually you should be the one who's attacking.

@JPOBS: shinegrab = shine -->JCgrab
No wavedash in between (you don't have to JCgrab after a WD btw cuz your in the standing animation)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
the thought of shine->grab boggles my mind. i've never considered it but the techskill ivolved wud be tricky. shine, wavedash, jc grab. Against a shield unless im wrong you're begging to get shieldgrabbed?

i shine laser sometimes Proverbs, mostly when the shine hits them up and they di to a side, i full hop laser
I didn't mean shine to laser, I meant shining, JCing the shine to SHL as normal, shine again, SHL and so forth. It would be SHLing with shining mixed in.

@Proverbs: he shouldn't be able to shoot lasers when you SHL ^^'
Against Docs pills or Peach's turnips it can be useful sometimes, but usually you should be the one who's attacking.
True. I guess I just haven't gotten fast enough with lasers (that and I don't play a lot of Foxes one on one, I took up Falco less than a week ago now). But SHLing in shield wouldn't be bad. You might be able to shieldgrab Marth if he tries countering the laser--or just not get hit, that too.

And SHLing in shield doesn't take any longer than normal SHLing, and you don't need to do anything more complicated than just SHL as normal and hold L or R.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
I didn't mean shine to laser, I meant shining, JCing the shine to SHL as normal, shine again, SHL and so forth. It would be SHLing with shining mixed in.

True. I guess I just haven't gotten fast enough with lasers (that and I don't play a lot of Foxes one on one, I took up Falco less than a week ago now). But SHLing in shield wouldn't be bad. You might be able to shieldgrab Marth if he tries countering the laser--or just not get hit, that too.

And SHLing in shield doesn't take any longer than normal SHLing, and you don't need to do anything more complicated than just SHL as normal and hold L or R.
Shine SHLing is mostly used for showing off, as the lag needed to jc the shine usually isn't worth the minimal protection it provides. If you happen to be lasering as a stichface is flying towards your face, it's not a bad idea, but your SHLing should be locking down your opponent anyways, so there shouldnt be any projectiles flying near you.

As for SHLing in shield not taking more time, the amount of protection the shield provides you is directly proportional to the amount of time you hold the shield down, therefore for SHLing in shield to be any useful at all, it would necessarily be slower than w/o shield. As for it's usefulness, it's pretty much the same as the other one.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Another question: Does anyone shield laser, or shine laser? Shield lasering would just be holding L or R and SHLing as normal, and shine laser would be the same, except you'd need to keep reshining and JCing the shine. Figured it'd be an interesting way to play if you're going against a Fox spamming lasers as well.
well i don't think this counts, but when i learned how to shdl, i could only do it with shines between them.
otherwise, i'd end up full jumping on accident. idk why. lol

also cool against a spammy falco
you can just spam lasers and not jump out of the shine when he lasers (and hope it doesn't go over you.) but i'm garbage at this game so... yeah

saberhof

Smash Master

Yes you are Wrong

It is a Shine to a JC grab, very easy if practiced :) you dont need to wavedash x)...i can do triple shine to JC grab witch is amazing if they hold the shield that long haha

Shining laz0rs are cool, but i find it to be more flashy unless you find a perfect way to space a shine and keep the lazers going back and forth and make more pressure...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the stall from shining lasers hella throws me off rhythm (which i shouldn't be dependent on anyway. lol)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
As for SHLing in shield not taking more time, the amount of protection the shield provides you is directly proportional to the amount of time you hold the shield down, therefore for SHLing in shield to be any useful at all, it would necessarily be slower than w/o shield. As for it's usefulness, it's pretty much the same as the other one.
That's not true...You're saying that because I'm not holding down the shield for longer than necessary that I'm gaining no extra protection. This is faulty thinking. What I'm saying is that for the split second that Falco lands on the ground, he is unprotected. If a Marth counters one of Falco's lasers as he's landing and is within range, he'll hit the Falco. If the Falco had been holding L or R he may or may not powershield, or just normally shield the counter. This applies to other approaches to Falco's lasers as well that involve attacks. What I was suggesting was minimalizing the time that Falco was unprotected.

The times that Falco are unprotected while SHLing are when he jumps prior to shooting the laser and when he lands (given that the opponent gets hit by the laser). If Marth counters the laser, the counter should come out sometime when Falco lands (something he could shield). Because he's holding L or R he will shield the first frame he can and will also hold it until he goes to fire another laser. Because of this, we have minimalized the unprotected moment to only when Falco is in the air prior to shooting a laser. Because he hasn't shot a laser, Marth could not counter it.

But this is only taking it into the context of Marth's counter. I'm sure there are other situations which this could be useful in as well.

Top Bottom