• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
omg, I just thought of how awesome Fox/Falco would be if they changed to the other one when they used shine.
haha that would be awesome

EDIT: Most Sheiks can't play Zeldor... But I guess Zeldas can play Sheik cause, well, let's face it... anyone can play Sheik.
lol...i suck with sheik. Well im not terrible but its hard for me to KO with her.

lol you're asking a fox player if he plays Falco?

Thats like asking a Sheik player if he/she plays Zelda.

err...

Ya Falco is my secondary. :D

Lol idk my brother with fox is almost as good as my falco but tried to prove that falcos spike was easy to get and cheap so he was falco and I 4 stocked him

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
you can do shine dj dair's like twice...then you either have to shine bair, or shine dair...its hard to keep combos going....also shine dj lasers are another way to 'resest' the character

Falcinho

Smash Ace
At 0% you can't really do much (if you start with a shine)
You could do shine to shine-bair or shine to IDJ +dair and fastfall asap then utilt/usmash.
However, that's won't work too often with good DI

utilt juggles to aerial of your choice is cool at low%
Oh, and utilt-->SH dair-->utilt-->dair/shinebair is cool (requires bad DI too but somehow it works sometimes, that floaty *****es don't expect to be ***** i guess)

and at midlow % you could chain shffl'd aerials (bair/nair/fair) with bad Di again, but they don#t Di bad here you can often follow up with a SHL to fsmash.

And spike them when it leads to a techchase.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
you can waveshine-->dair a marth at decent percents..you just need to be really **** good at it.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Shine out of shield.

So I shield ---> Jump ---> Shine if I understand correctly. Now I can butterfly shine like its a joke but I cant do this :(
Am I not doing it fast enough?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
What's butterfly shine?

If the shine doesn't come out your pressing downB too fast.
If the shine comes out too high your pressing downB too slow.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
press down..c stick the aerial or laser

shine bairs (reverses and other variations arent hard) but the thing is sometimes my shine caught in between the platforms, which automatically pushes my character ontop of the platform, i cant follow through after that.

down, after the the shine, before jump canceling it? so thats how you do it?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
shine bairs (reverses and other variations arent hard) but the thing is sometimes my shine caught in between the platforms, which automatically pushes my character ontop of the platform, i cant follow through after that.

down, after the the shine, before jump canceling it? so thats how you do it?
Just hold downB a bit longer if you expect this to happen.

PB&J

Smash Hero
well guys i was practicing my sloppy falco lately and was watching alot of vids on the best falco, vids i watched at least 10 times each and the vid that gives my falco alot of hope and inspiration is this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQXjmStzhw&feature=related i know some of u might have seen it and the vid is from last year but it is beast..i was going to make a thread about it but it might get closed so what the hey...stop watching it at 7:02....i call it 7 minutes of ****..hopefully this will give u guys some hope back..and remember this was last year

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Pls use the search functions for such questions.

Anyways, no it's not waveshining in spot, you basically shine-->jump-->shine again before you leave the ground.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i keep missing l-cancels with falco.

my friend like to tilt his shield up when i come in with a shffl'd dair, then shield grab me for missing the l-cancel.

i'm pretty sure he's throwing off my timing by tilting his shield up. does that make sense?

Adi

Smash Lord
Hmm I've never heard of that strat but it seems possible. Regardless if you fastfall properly you should be able to L-cancel but idk I haven't played against anyone who's done that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Hmm I've never heard of that strat but it seems possible. Regardless if you fastfall properly you should be able to L-cancel but idk I haven't played against anyone who's done that.
yeah. it seems really smart.
and a few norcal smashers have picked that up.

they've also been finding other ways to make shield tilting more useful.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you should be doing your nairs and dairs late anyway so that you get more stun, a dair that isn't like really late just gets you ***** and it's kind of hard to react to falcos quick jumps but you have to mix it up obviously

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you should be doing your nairs and dairs late anyway so that you get more stun, a dair that isn't like really late just gets you ***** and it's kind of hard to react to falcos quick jumps but you have to mix it up obviously
yea, true. i should really step up my falco game.

i've been a little consumed by fox lately...

thanks though. really.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Against people who do they aerials too early this *****, cuz even if they l-cancel you can grab/shine/usmash out of shield them usually cuz the hitlag is over by then.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Against people who do they aerials too early this *****, cuz even if they l-cancel you can grab/shine/usmash out of shield them usually cuz the hitlag is over by then.
yeah. this will help my fox vs falco game a lot.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
im a complete noob at falco but not a noob at the game. Ive been playing for years and i want to learn a high tier character. How is the shdl performed???? And how do you double shine and still use an aerial attack before the opponent is sent in whatever direction you sent them at. I can shffl and wavedash well and i can shine cancel somewhat so i dont think im jumping ahead of myself too quickly.

Top Bottom