• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
all i know is when i play falco, i depend on lazer, jab, fsmash.
and when i switch to fox it's hard not to lazer as an approach by habit.
lol sucks for me.
i try to switch my habit to drill, jab, usmash...
but then i start drill-jabbing with falco, and that's all bad lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
drill jab turn around utilt works better.

also.
am i stupid for wanting to start pillars off with dtilt?
i don' t watch too many vids but i don't think i've ever seen it done.

i usually don't try it, but there are time where i will do jab dtilt (out of fox habit) then shine dair and attempt to pillar normally from there.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Ah, a fellow Falco player trying to shake off his Fox habits when playing the bird. Don't start off with the Dtilt. Start with the shine, or Dair. Preferably the shine.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah. makes sense. the issue with me, is that i play both fox and falco equally. haha
i think the most common mistake is jab usmash. but that's not too bad with falco cuz you can just bair or dair since the usmash doesn't send 'em anywhere really.
idk wtf i'm talkin' about now lol

yeah. the bird likes to start with a shine. gottcha.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Do you start with Utilt when they try to roll behind you, or is that just how you start it sometimes?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
its just how i start sometimes...dair utilt shine...if you miss the l cnacel though you're really screwed so i dont do it too often in fear of that. obvi a low percentages.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wait. does anyone use laser jab turnaround utilt?
if their % is too low to just pillar after the utilt, you can turn that into utilt utilt fsmash or you can grab after the utilt.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
wait are you talking on a shield? im so confused as to why you need to turn around?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i mean it clearly doesnt have the same uses but alot of times ill laser jab dsmash or fsmash....jab to fsmash and dsmash is the only thing i really use jab for

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Jab is sick good, since a lot of high level players try to space themselves outside of shine range and then grab when you shine after an aerial or something, and jab is close to as fast and has much better range. I like jab -> ftilt a lot, very safe option.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah jab to ftilt is **** effective...i actually realized that i use jab frequently...i like it :)
my spacies love jab

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Jab is win. It's so simple, too. And I like to see it as sort of an insult before a power move. I love hitstun!

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I like to jab -->jab cancel -->jab...etc. forward style =D

Yeah Jab (canceling) is cool but a friend of mine whom i train with always spotdodges whenever i try jab to grab.
Or if he doesn't shield he just jabs back and we do a jab war, lol

Another funny use for the jab is popping opponents at high %ages up, and then kill them.
However jab to fsmash barely works, decent people DI away or mash the controll stick and airdodge before they get hit (ofc thats not always possible but most of the time).

A cool combo is SHL-->jab-->dsmash (if they are falling down and can't DJ anymore for example)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wait are you talking on a shield? im so confused as to why you need to turn around?
if you don't turn around and they were di'ing away, they won't get hit by the utilt unless you walk forward first. so i just turn around after jabbing so the hit box is right up in their face as opposed to being on the other side of me. idk. nvm. lol

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is the timing and buttons to press for pillaring?

I do one dair into a shine but can never get anything from there, even if i do get another dair by the time i get down to him i try to shine but he's (fox) invincible for a seconds and just hits me

thanks

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
there's not a specific timing
it's just hand/eye coordination
if he doesn't have really low percent, shine full jump dair.
some people do the dair right after the shine, some people pause a lil bit and shine right after the dair.

if he's hitting you first after you dair, you should wait to dair till you're on ur way down so you can lcancelshine immediately after the dair.

i just realized how bad i am at describing things LMAO mybad

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
there's not a specific timing
it's just hand/eye coordination
if he doesn't have really low percent, shine full jump dair.
some people do the dair right after the shine, some people pause a lil bit and shine right after the dair.

if he's hitting you first after you dair, you should wait to dair till you're on ur way down so you can lcancelshine immediately after the dair.

i just realized how bad i am at describing things LMAO mybad
lol, well what about wavedashing? i noticed in a video i just watched that when he pillared he pretty much always wavedashed in the direction he wanted to go rather than moving normally, is this necessary?

I just don't get why he's invincible after i do the first "pillar"

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha yeah
he's prolly invincible as he's getting up.

and if they're at low percent's, you just shine and wavedash out of the shine. fox falls fast enough you can just wait and utilt him or shine again with out dairing if you want.
or you can wavedash out of the shine just to see which way they DI but idk wtf i'm talking about cuz i suck at this game.

i play a dumb falco. i just utilt a lot and spam lasers and jab fsmashes lol

edit: some1 good with falco help him out. imanoob

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Pillar = shieldpressure

What you mean are dair-shine-combos.
Against fastfallers you shine - watch their DI - wavedash out of the shine in that direction - shffl a dair - shine and repeat.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
What he said, and throw in some Utilts in case they end up behind you to keep the combo going.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
you dont even normally need the utilt because that back of the shine has a little bit more range...plus if you miss the l cancel, shine can cover your *** alot better than utilt

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
a lot of people say pillaring when referring to falco's "vertical" combos lol
i just assumed he meant combos.

i heart utilt.

p.s.
peach pillar is cooler than falco pillar!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Ken's Peach theory is hilarious. And sad for straight guys who really just want to play Peach. Pillaring is intimidating. Gives them tiny shield.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i tried playing peach..i really truly did...no.

pillaring is awesome. makes shield break

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
:( so the most helpful person is leaving this thread...everyone move to that thread

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol you're asking a fox player if he plays Falco?

Thats like asking a Sheik player if he/she plays Zelda.

err...

Ya Falco is my secondary. :D
omg, I just thought of how awesome Fox/Falco would be if they changed to the other one when they used shine.

EDIT: Most Sheiks can't play Zeldor... But I guess Zeldas can play Sheik cause, well, let's face it... anyone can play Sheik.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
omg, I just thought of how awesome Fox/Falco would be if they changed to the other one when they used shine.

EDIT: Most Sheiks can't play Zeldor... But I guess Zeldas can play Sheik cause, well, let's face it... anyone can play Sheik.
QFT.

Lol Zeldor.

Everyone should be able to play Bowser. srsly.

Top Bottom