• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the next "Top Player"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Well I was extremely on point the whole tournament so that helped greatly, and it's not like he's unbeatable either, even at Impulse I managed to 3 stock his Falcon one game in a MM but he still 3-1 me.. I mean if my consistency was just a bit higher then beating the top 5 players is a lot more plausible. I have confidence that I can see what everyone is doing, it's just that I still fail way too much to keep it up.
I mean I wasn't trying to take from you, you played amazing that tournament, its just that as soon as I listed that as an answer to Metakill's question I figured someone was going to "hurr hurr Mango was hungover, doesn't count" and I was trying to say even if that did affect him Mango, he was still trying and still lost (twice) and it was really impressive considering at the time how dominant he was.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Idk who is going to be the next top player but i know who is going to be the next top samus to appear. His tag is knut (kidwithchemicals on smashboards) he is crazy technical and his improvement over a short period of time has been insane.

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have more expectatives on Tuga than Javi, Javi even said that Tuga is better than Dr PP

Maybe in apex 2013 we will se mexicans twins ****** everyone.

Also KK in #6 is legit

As anyone besides top5 and Taj beat tryhard Mango since Ken's era?
FlyAminita and SilentSpectre have taken sets from him.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Westballz i'd say
maybe he's not that good atm, though close to other good players like kage or wobbles
but he has improved too much in a short time, just for that i'd say him

Ice was my other thought, but last tournament was so saad, i understand him cause i main marth too and im the most inconstant guy in my comunity.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Westballz i'd say
maybe he's not that good atm, though close to other good players like kage or wobbles
but he has improved too much in a short time, just for that i'd say him

Ice was my other thought, but last tournament was so saad, i understand him cause i main marth too and im the most inconstant guy in my comunity.
I really hope it's not Westballz. The last thing we need is another Falco dominating the scene.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uhm, more species is a good thing, because that really pushes the metagame. Makes the game faster and more technical and whatnot.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
uhm, more species is a good thing, because that really pushes the metagame. Makes the game faster and more technical and whatnot.
The game being more faster and technical is not in and of itself a good thing. They make the game more centralized and one dimensional.

West has a baller style you can shut your wh0re mouth
It's just an aggressive falco. There is nothing baller about it. He's Mango without the smarts. Big deal. No offense to the guy, but I hope he stops progressing.

D

Deleted member

im lovin the westballz hate haha puts a big smile on my face

D

Deleted member

I can agree to a Tier 1.X for players with KK javi shroomed and wobbles in no particular order. i'm not so sure that there's a clear 10th place that matches them though

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
It's just an aggressive falco. There is nothing baller about it. He's Mango without the smarts. Big deal. No offense to the guy, but I hope he stops progressing.
i think there has literally never been a single time where you haven't said something completely ****ing stupid

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Meh. I'm not exactly on the Westballz hype train myself (not that entertaining to me personally), but he's very good. If he's having success and beating people, then good for him, and he deserves to progress/improve/do well.

You guys also need to work on handling certain posters, please. We don't need this childish back and forth (I know, I know, Smashboards).

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Froggy just tends to ****ride and anti-****ride certain players from what I've seen all while using arguments that are purely conjecture and sometimes flat-out wrong.

On topic, I think there is going to be a Falcon who breaks in to the top 5 sometime in the near future. I can feel it in my bones. Whether it is Hax, S2J, or anyone else (dare I say Jeapie?) has yet to be decided.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys, let's get this thread back on topic.

Jack Daniel's is ****ing amazing.
WHAT jack daniels is DISGUSTING
it has to be really ****ing good whisky if youre gonna drink whiskey
****ing low *** flopmerican standards

anyway, id like to remind everyone how we got into the drinking stuff

Hear this my fellow smashers. You will be presented with the most epic owning in a long time, and in sweden we have extremly high standards for this. And yet, this story sticks out. Flopmericans, EU master race, mexicans, japanese, and all other of this amazing community, let us look past our differences and laugh at leffen.

Basically, there was alot of drinking at stiiig. it was all great fun, and as smashers have seen before, leffen sucks at partying and he always acts more drunk then he is and just in general acts ******** (kind of like a 14 year olds first time drinking, except that he is like that every time). knowing that leffens drunkedness is based on placebo, i hatched up a plan (this was all the mighty mike swaggars idea). we where going to make a drink of something like apple juice and something bitter (thats not alcohol) and have him take shots off it, and watch him thinking hes drunk and laughing at him.

unfortunately, O, the guy who was supposed to buy the apple juice and vinegar or something else with a strong taste, forgot to do as such.

However, the last night, me and IVP wanted to pull it off, and we decided to do something a bit risky. after the first night, somebody had put some beer in a small glass for shots, and thats what me and IVP decided to use. It had been there for 4 days, filled with dust and old and disgusting. at one point i picked up a dead fly from the glass.

We took him outside to take shots with us, and we pretended we where trying to get everyone outside to drink with us (most people were playing smash at the time), so he would not suspect anything.we mindgame him into taking the shot, he says "oh my god, that was strong", and apparently this 5% beer was to strong for him to drink everything, he left a third. he immideatly starts walking funny, acting more drunk, walking funny, and saying "OH MY GOD IM GONNA PUKE OH NO". Leffen asks what it was, and I say "well, it was some 35% apple flavored vodka". Underestimating how ******** leffen is, I wanted to pull a safe move. But IVP, knowing leffen better does something far more flashy and risky, like an amazing captain falcon. IVP says "No, that was the 70% apple liquor (he didnt hear i called it vodka) stuff jadde brought!" (jadde is a guy who goes very far at parties, drinks alot, brings weird drugs etc so it was very beleivable he wouldve brought it). Leffen freaks out, saying "OH NO YOU TRICKED IM GONNA PUKE!", stumbles inside.Me and IVP can barely hold ourselves from laughter, as soon as we were 2 metres away from him we just looked out each other and almost burst out in laughter but managed to do it somewhat quietly. Leffen didn't notice it, I guess he was drunk from the 2/3rds of a shot of 5% beer he drank.Once leffen is inside, he claims to armada and a few others that he had taken a shot of 80% (yes, 80%) apple-liquor-vodka. which obviously does not exist. it was colored like beer, so it being 70% is ****ing impossible. but leffen, naive as he is, beleives it.

Zoler, being a bit to drunk, tells the story to armada. Armada laughs his *** off and later he told me that he was very proud of me over what I had accomplished.I must also give IVP huge credit over his part, although it was my idea and plan, he did most of the execution, and he pulled it off perfectly.But Zoler ****s up and keeps talking about it when leffen is close, and leffen overhears it. It made me very sad and dissapointed in Zoler, but leffen had already gotten owned so I guess it was OK.

Me and IVP are outside, chilling, drinking some beer and laughing about leffens retardness. Leffen walks by and is going to bed. We start saying things like "man, you're so drunk!". He says, in a very holier-then-thou matter "pfft, i know it was a trick you guys...", trying to pretend as if he figured it out on his own. But 5 minutes later me and IVP hear about how he overheard Zoler.

I hoped you enjoyed this story, my fellow smashers. Feel free to tell them to every smasher you know.

With best regards, Mike Swaggar.

And leffen, this is not to be mean. Just accept that it's a funny story.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I think froggy is legitimately the only person who dislikes watching westballz.
I think you underestimate the amount of falco haters in this community.

Personally, I especially tend to dislike all the red falcos too. And westballz even happens to play red falco :mad:
He doesn't live up to the red falco rep as badly as some of them though.

But yeah... If it ain't shiz or mango. **** falco.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Froggy just tends to ****ride and anti-****ride certain players from what I've seen all while using arguments that are purely conjecture and sometimes flat-out wrong.

On topic, I think there is going to be a Falcon who breaks in to the top 5 sometime in the near future. I can feel it in my bones. Whether it is Hax, S2J, or anyone else (dare I say Jeapie?) has yet to be decided.
You said that before, I'm not a ****rider. In fact I'm not even much of an Armada fan, I'm just realistic about the state of the game. And again, my problem is not with Westballz, my problem is with Falco. I'm sick of seeing that character do well.

And I don't think a Falcon will break top 5 soon, I think that's more you wanting it to happen than anything. Falcons seem further away from breaking top 5 now than they did a year ago.

I think you underestimate the amount of falco haters in this community.

Personally, I especially tend to dislike all the red falcos too. And westballz even happens to play red falco :mad:
He doesn't live up to the red falco rep as badly as some of them though.

But yeah... If it ain't shiz or mango. **** falco.
Well said.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I want to see some sexy *** Marth dominate the scene for a while.

Maybe CatARat04 (Scorpion Master's brother) the Marth main will come in and start 4-stocking Mango and ****.

And I'm all for Zhu coming in and ****** everyone as well. He's so Chinese <3

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I want to see some sexy *** Marth dominate the scene for a while.

Maybe CatARat04 (Scorpion Master's brother) the Marth main will come in and start 4-stocking Mango and ****.

And I'm all for Zhu coming in and ****** everyone as well. He's so Chinese <3
Like Axe I think Zhu is passed his prime. I don't think we should expect anything amazing from him in the future.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Like Axe I think Zhu is passed his prime. I don't think we should expect anything amazing from him in the future.
You are wrong... Dude, if you want to be a ***** commenting on top players, why don't you do that elsewhere or in sports where everyone does it and no one cares.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You are wrong... Dude, if you want to be a ***** commenting on top players, why don't you do that elsewhere or in sports where everyone does it and no one cares.
What's the matter with you? It's like you're always on your period or something. You get so hypersensitive whenever someone says something bad about a top player. They're adults, they don't need you to speak for them. Try staying out of it every once in a while.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What's the matter with you? It's like you're always on your period or something. You get to hypersensitive whenever someone says something bad about a top player. They're adults, they don't need you to speak for them. Try staying out of it every once in a while.
So you basically admit at being a *****, congrats. I can defend who I want just like you can emit whatever opinion you want, I won't stay out of it.. you'll have to deal with it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I recognized Strife as Merkuri. And I'm pretty sure Froggy is the same person. I can tell.

Just saying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Froggy, you are a nobody who doesn't understand what you're talking about. Zhu and Axe haven't been performing well because they either lost the drive to get better or stopped practicing, not because of some "past his prime" **** that only matters in sports where physical superiority is favored over the ability to think. In any case either of them would ****ing tear you a new one in this game if you ever showed up at a relevant tourney so you should seriously shut your goddamn mouth. Do you understand why people are always disagreeing with you in every thread? Or why you continue to argue your wrong viewpoint even after people like Wobbles tell you why you're wrong? It's because you're always wrong, or you're trolling and sitting at your computer desk in your dorm room that you never leave because you have no friends, which means you're a terrible waste of space and I hope you contract a terrible incurable disease.

I am ignoring you (the first time I have ever ignored someone on Smashboards in over 4 and a half years and I have really wanted to do it before) and I will never see another one of your ****ty posts again, thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I suggest everyone else here do the same.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So you basically admit at being a *****, congrats. I can defend who I want just like you can emit whatever opinion you want, I won't stay out of it.. you'll have to deal with it.
You can defend them all you want. My issue is that you act like a butt hurt fan boy about it.

I'm not being an ***. I'm just stating my honest opinion about it. You're the *** for insulting people who disagree with you. You're like a big immature child. I find it upsetting.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Holy **** Strong Bad, I haven't laughed that hard in a millennia. I'm crying right now lmao.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I also dislike falco, red falco in particular, but westballz is one of the few that i really enjoy.
As for falco dying off... Thats not gonna happen. Keep in mind, top player affect character popularity.
So when we see PP and Mango doing well with the spacies, we got a lot more spacey players.
In Ken's day and M2K's prime, there were more marths and stuff.
Now that armada is doing well, we're seeing a rise in successful peach players.
But the spacey craze will never go away. Because they are the only characters who can play however they want and be relatively successful. People like characters who aren't limitmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom