• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the next "Top Player"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
he ordered it from somewhere

off course the ****ies in flopmerica with their atrocious beer and weak stomachs are shocked
Strongest **** I've had is like 80% moonshine my friend makes (which for some reason isn't as harsh as Bacardi 151).

**** you Europeans.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
how is that drinkable? you would definitely have to cut it. i simply dont believe shots of that are taken without people burping it up

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I really don't think you should take his posts seriously, especially if you've read some of his previous posts. You're clear top ten to most people I'd say, probably like 8th or 9th in the world.
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I'd probably place Wobbles at 11th. 10 players come to mind who I'm quite confident are better than he is.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Worse than Lovage though? Lovage has never as far as I'm aware competed against the big 5. Wobbles, Shroomed, and KirbyKaze have all beaten in tournament members of the top 5 best players in the world and Wobbles has done it twice. And Wobbles places high too so its not just that he gets an upset every tournament and then loses to bad people. I really can't see there being 10 people better than Wobbles but feel free to list them but I think he's better than Lovage and S2J who are in a lot of people's top 10 lists.

And I meant you just have like a odd, maybe even distorted, sense of how the top 10 are in comparison to each other.

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
Implying poisoning yourself to the point of no redemption is good, stupid Europeans thinking they are manly.
Ah yes definitely a mindset exclusive to europe :facepalm:

[ontopic] Is Hax considered Top Player? I feel he has the potential to be top5, if he played more patiently / mindgamey

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Shroomed and I are probably 6 and 7 (don't know who's what spot, don't particularly care either). Might be wrong on this one though. We don't have many samples for me vs good people in general (live in Canada). Shroomed is definitely really good though. There's a bunch of other good people that could be argued into this spot too... just don't feel like getting too involved with this topic so I'm not gonna go into detail.

Javi excluded due to lack of data.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Worse than Lovage though? Lovage has never as far as I'm aware competed against the big 5. Wobbles, Shroomed, and KirbyKaze have all beaten in tournament members of the top 5 best players in the world and Wobbles has done it twice. And Wobbles places high too so its not just that he gets an upset every tournament and then loses to bad people. I really can't see there being 10 people better than Wobbles but feel free to list them but I think he's better than Lovage and S2J who are in a lot of people's top 10 lists.

And I meant you just have like a odd, maybe even distorted, sense of how the top 10 are in comparison to each other.
Yes, i would say worse than Lovage. Lovage did beat Hbox in pools at Genesis2 or some other tourney. On top of that he is also beaten Shroomed and Javi this year, I just don't think Wobbles could do that. Wobbles beating M2k is impressive, on the other hand he consistently loses to S2j.

I list these players in no particular order Mango, Armada, Hungrybox, DrPeepee, M2K, Javi, Shroomed, Kirbykaze, Lovage, Hax.

I suppose if someone argues he's as good as Hax is I wouldn't really argue. But Hax's placing at majors contradicts this, hell maybe Hax should be above Lovage idk.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I suppose if someone argues he's as good as Hax is I wouldn't really argue. But Hax's placing at majors contradicts this, hell maybe Hax should be above Lovage idk.
I would definitely argue that Hax is above Lovage. I also think Wobbles belongs there too, I can't off of the top of my head think of a tournament where Wobbles was outside the top 12 in recent history whereas for Lovage I can (Genesis 2). And Lovage this last tournament underperformed considerably, and though I do hope this was just an anomaly for him, it kinda suggests he's not as consistent as say a Hax or Wobbles.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
I have more expectatives on Tuga than Javi, Javi even said that Tuga is better than Dr PP

Maybe in apex 2013 we will se mexicans twins ****** everyone.

Also KK in #6 is legit

As anyone besides top5 and Taj beat tryhard Mango since Ken's era?

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Whiskey sucks.

And did no one hear ever drink everclear when it was 95%? That made up 90% of my drunken high school shenanigans. Probably wouldn't drink it again though

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage did it but that was a good while ago and people will say hangover johns but I really don't think he wanted to lose to Kage twice in one tournament.
Well I was extremely on point the whole tournament so that helped greatly, and it's not like he's unbeatable either, even at Impulse I managed to 3 stock his Falcon one game in a MM but he still 3-1 me.. I mean if my consistency was just a bit higher then beating the top 5 players is a lot more plausible. I have confidence that I can see what everyone is doing, it's just that I still fail way too much to keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom