• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
if you can't or don't play marth in every matchup in tourney when it matters then why should you be considered a marth main?
^ this is what i want to know.
I've played all Sheik vs Hax in tourney, and then used Marth vs Jman in 2 out of 3 or 4 games I've played, used all Marth vs Eggm, half sheik half marth vs Swiftbass. Went Sheik game 1 and Marth game 2 vs Niko and other notable players.

I switch around a lot like this.

What main am I? =3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol Niko I know, I'm just messin with Dart. I suppose I was hinting though that his definition of maining someone is inconsistent with some players.

Like in my case, using his definition I don't main anyone technically.

Tink

Smash Hero
i want best marthhhhh :oneeye:

ima MM all the WC/Canada ppl this weekend on a recorded setup and get ppl to believeeee!

Niko45

Smash Master
lol Niko I know, I'm just messin with Dart. I suppose I was hinting though that his definition of maining someone is inconsistent with some players.

Like in my case, using his definition I don't main anyone technically.
Yea...can't get too wrapped up in the qualifications for a main. You're extra flexible cause you don't even play any of your characters strictly for certain matchups, at least as far as I've seen.

:phone:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea...can't get too wrapped up in the qualifications for a main. You're extra flexible cause you don't even play any of your characters strictly for certain matchups, at least as far as I've seen.

:phone:
In my case or at least how I feel about it is not linear in the sense that I'll use Marth or shiek strictly for one match up.

Like I've mentioned I've used Sheik/Marth in the same set where the player plays the same character throughout the set for instance yourself lol.

I can get into my thought process if anyone is interested I suppose. I'll say that tbh I feel the character match up is something I think about secondly more often than not.

Dart!

Smash Master
I've played all Sheik vs Hax in tourney, and then used Marth vs Jman in 2 out of 3 or 4 games I've played, used all Marth vs Eggm, half sheik half marth vs Swiftbass. Went Sheik game 1 and Marth game 2 vs Niko and other notable players.

I switch around a lot like this.

What main am I? =3
If it's a debate vs sheik/marth the decision goes to the better char. in this case sheik.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
Yes we've seen PP......Your main is your best character, not your ONLY character.......Also HBK is quite good

Bing

Smash Master
i want best marthhhhh :oneeye:

ima MM all the WC/Canada ppl this weekend on a recorded setup and get ppl to believeeee!
If your going to the Big House then... DO IT!

We got Raynex, Unknown, Weon-X, KirbyKaze and some of our other top players going :)

Btw I.B came out to the tournament On Saturday... He went mostly Falco though, I saw him play Raynex, Marth vs Fox though, mad good set.

Wake

Smash Master
hahaha Did someone seriously post that PP vs Chadd video again??? Too good. It's almost as if people think that PP has a good Marth or something :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
He plays very good with Marth in the same sense that m2k is good with Falcon. Those who haven't seen/played his falcon wouldn't know but he has a good one. I would not however after seeing it suddenly say he is better than S2J, SS, Hax..etc.

Bing

Smash Master
Just sayin, PPMD does have a fantastic Marth dont get me wrong, but its not the Best, If we were to include M2K, he was for sure take it. I Think PP is just really smart and has good spacing, in the videos I watched I didnt really see him combo anything amazing, though he is hella good with the dairs :p

All Im saying is that hes good, not the best.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Okay, so I thought about this, and I realized I don't have an archetype of "correct" Falco play. I know I want to do better with him the way I'm playing him, but maybe my way isn't the best way. Maybe that's because Falco can be played in different ways, or maybe it's because the more successful Falcos have been largely aggressive ones that I can't fully understand just yet. I'm not really sure.

At any rate, I just kind of put my ideas for Marth together watching lots of videos. Ken/Azen had lots of great reads and creativity, but they lacked efficiency. M2K was super efficient, but lacked creativity at times. So I figured that Ken and Azen were still doing something right(abusing Marth's range and not just his grab is one of those things) to be winning so much even if M2K was starting to beat them when Brawl came out and everyone quit, so I decided to put the two schools of thought together. That's how I decided, not because I randomly thought of it because I play Falco LOL.

Oh yeah, I obviously have to balance everything, but that gets into more how it's carried out than the actual idea itself and how it was brought about.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i agree very strongly with that notion of how marth should be played

despite playing the character with the most range in the game, people can get in if they get used to the marth only doing fairs and grabs, which is what m2k tends to do when he gets uncomfortable

whereas if you look back at ken, hes doing like fairs nairs ftilts and all sorts of moves all over the place, all of which have to be punished in different ways and from different spacings

you cant just do the statistically best thing over and over again, especially when a lot of the other options are still pretty big and good

Hack

Smash Journeyman
This thread is preposterous. I am clearly the best Marth! *troll*
Seriously though, Marth is one of my best chars, and Marth-dittos are my best Marth-MU, so I reaaaaally want to ditto M2K before he "quits Marth" (read something about that earlier in the thread).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
he banned yoshis. I should have won on battlefield, my edgeguarding was bad and i doublejumped too much.
I thought you were gonna wrap it up honestly...IDK you just somehow lost....science can't explain it..*shrugs*

Duck is good but I've seen him vs Shady so many times that....well I know what he's good and bad at vs Marth and I just assumed he would lose...I overlooked duck though I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom