• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Fox Right Now?

MegaMarthMan

Smash Cadet
Question: Who do you think is the best Fox right now

'll say still Mew2king still but that's me.
I know this has probably been done but there are different players and voters. So don't say "use the search bar!?!??!!??!! lulz n000bolitz.
deadline is: May,1 09 I might change later or earlier if there aren't enough posts. This is not your FAVOURITE it's who you think is the best.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I don't know. I will admit that I'm a little shocked that all the character forums don't have the "current best <insert character name here> player" polls.

Anyway, I think PC Chris is the best Fox ever. Sure he isn't super technical but he's really smart and knows his match ups well. If you look at the "whose your favorite Fox thread" I think its safe to say that majority of the posts suggest that PC Chris is indeed the people's favorite. ^^

MegaMarthMan

Smash Cadet
I don't know. I will admit that I'm a little shocked that all the character forums don't have the "current best <insert character name here> player" polls.

Anyway, I think PC Chris is the best Fox ever. Sure he isn't super technical but he's really smart and knows his match ups well. If you look at the "whose your favorite Fox thread" I think its safe to say that majority of the posts suggest that PC Chris is indeed the people's favorite. ^^
Oh yeah i forgot about him I think out of all the " best insert characters name" fox is the hardest.

chize

Smash Apprentice
>_>

wow, this thread is as pointless as the "who is the best falcon" thread, there is no telling who is the best and thats why i made a thread asking who your favorite is, i even put some of my insight on some of the prominent foxes to at least get some discussion from people who would post instead of just posting three word answers

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214601

Pritch

Smash Lord
I haven't been keeping up with the scene as much lately, but I'd imagine colbol is up there on the "best fox" list. And that shiz guy. He's ok too.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
It's really a triangle.. like you might beat someone, but then another person will beat you.

MegaMarthMan

Smash Cadet
>_>

wow, this thread is as pointless as the "who is the best falcon" thread, there is no telling who is the best and thats why i made a thread asking who your favorite is, i even put some of my insight on some of the prominent foxes to at least get some discussion from people who would post instead of just posting three word answers

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214601
it's just a different question

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If we're really going to have this discussion:

List of active Fox players who would qualify:

PC Chris
M2k
Cactuar

I'm not lieing when I say thats the end of the list. Imo, Colbol, Jman, and I aren't at that level yet. Neither is Lozr, Tang, Lunin, Lucky, or any other Fox main you can think of.

Thats what I thinka anyways.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Forward should always be considered in a Spacie poll.

At the moment he's playing primarily Peach and Fox.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Surely DSW qualifies? And possibly Mang0.

But the best ever I still say was PC's prime. O-C-3333.

DSW is good but, he won't beat M2K or PC in a ditto. Especially in a tournament. Shiz is a bit unexperienced with Fox dittos. His Falco game is insane vs. spacies though. I had Fox/Fox and Falco/Fox sets with him at RoM.

Mango imo

Do they have to MAIN Fox?
I don't think Mango would beat M2k or PC in a Fox ditto either. He barely plays Fox in tournament. He didn't use him a single time at RoM. I'm not saying Mango isn't good, he's ****. But his experience in the Fox ditto looks like its lacking imo.
Forward should always be considered in a Spacie poll.

At the moment he's playing primarily Peach and Fox.
If we're talking about best in the smash scene, then Forward isn't up there yet. I'm pretty sure even he will tell you that. Best Fox in the scene M2k or PC. Why are we even debating this? lol

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
DSW is good but, he won't beat M2K or PC in a ditto. Especially in a tournament. Shiz is a bit unexperienced with Fox dittos. His Falco game is insane vs. spacies though. I had Fox/Fox and Falco/Fox sets with him at RoM.

I don't think Mango would beat M2k or PC in a Fox ditto either. He barely plays Fox in tournament. He didn't use him a single time at RoM. I'm not saying Mango isn't good, he's ****. But his experience in the Fox ditto looks like its lacking imo.

If we're talking about best in the smash scene, then Forward isn't up there yet. I'm pretty sure even he will tell you that. Best Fox in the scene M2k or PC. Why are we even debating this? lol
Since when do Fox dittos dictate who has the better Fox?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

Regardless, Forward shouldn't ever be counted out, since he's easily among the best.

BunBun

Smash Master
Since when do Fox dittos dictate who has the better Fox?
This.

The ditto is just one matchup. You'd have to look at way more than just that.
Instead of comparing people based on whether they would beat one another, it should probably be their overall playing and matches where they've played the same opponents around the same time period.

Stev

Smash Ace
I don't think you can even consider M2K at the moment because he said himself that it's not as good as it used to be, and if you are, then you're really knocking a lot of players. He may be in the discussion soon, but until i've seen him use his fox at the level it used ot be at, I wouldn't consider him.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Awww yeah, got a reason to use spaceballs' pic.

I mean, it's not entirely true for a character you see in tourney very often, but yeah, dittos doesnt prove who's better than who. It just shows who knows how to beat a character with the same character.

2 completely different concepts.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
haha im a ******. I definitely didn't mean to say that dittos were the way to prove who has a better Fox.

I think I just forgot about the topic of discussion while I was making the post, and might have got carried away with my M2k/PC > all ideas.

So whats the list we have to choose from?

M2k/PC/Shiz/Cactus/Forward/????

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
haha im a ******. I definitely didn't mean to say that dittos were the way to prove who has a better Fox.
I wasnt pointing that picture at you or anybody specifically, i just saw a "who's the best" thread, saw the word ditto, and fired that sh*t up.

___

As much as I love to live by the concept that dittos dont prove anything, it's note entirely true for a character like Fox; one that you see frequently in tourney. Fox dittos do hold some weight, because it's inevitable that you're going to play one.

But no matter how often you see them, unless you're in some crazy area where everybody ONLY places fox (4chan land maybe? lol), it's not THE most important thing.

So yeah, there's some relevence to if m2k can beat DSW in a fox ditto, but if either/or happens, that doesnt specifically mean they're the better fox player.

It does, however, hold more weight than say Chu Dat and Wobbles playing each other in an IC ditto to see "who's better." That wouldnt prove anything because it's a rare occasion when you see 2 IC players in a tourney, and it's even rarer that they play at each other.

[/dittorant]

___

So yeah, have fun people.

**edit**
Raynex, interesting how most of the people on that list don't actually main fox...
Oh man, I'm not even going to go down that road. I actually have a rant for that too (that would agree with you), but yeah, I dont like green walls of text where they really arent requested. >.>

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Raynex, interesting how most of the people on that list don't actually main fox...
*shrug*

Dogy: lol I 3-0ed him in a friendly Fox ditto set (every match last stock). He 3-0ed me in Falco/Fox though (two 2 stocks and a 3 stock). Man smash is messed up.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Are we talking about players right now or in their prime?

*EDIT*

never mind, I just re-read the thread title.

Imo, it's one of PC, Cactuar, and Jman

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
1. Mew2King
2. P.c. Chris
3. (*Jman*)
4. Cactuar

hey, it's the tri-state power rankings
Lol Vanz. Jman is above me on the power ranking because of his tourney records over mine due to me choosing to use my secondaries and lower at tournaments for such a long time and you know it.

Jman and most of tristate will admit that I'm better than him, so don't start drama lol.

Top Bottom