• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the Top 10 Players of 2012?

Bing

Smash Master
If I remember correctly Europeans graduate high school at 16. And get paid to go to College/University... Its not a large amount though :Sz

Correct me if Im wrong :p

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Amsah's been here 3 times and only won money once, Remen and Faab have also been here at least twice I think. and Strawhat Dahean came here twice, Overtriforce 3 times I think. So i dunno. Maybe you guys just have baller jobs.
I've been at 3 American tournaments. I'm a university student with no job.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Lol at people even putting javi in top ten, let alone top 5. Remember when kage beat and outplaced mango in one tournament? Clearly he deserves to be top 5 in the world.
The ROM series never had brackets that were as stacked as the one at apex. But anyways, I don't think we should completely leave javi out of top 10 discussion. One tourney may not make him top 10, but you certainly shouldnt be laughing at people for putting him in their top 10. Top 5 is a stretch though.

Bing

Smash Master
No matter where you put Javi, someones going to make comments about it.

The only thing that seems consistent.

Armada as first
Hbox/Mango as 2/3
PP is 4ish
KirbyKaze/Shroomed are Mid

The rest are highly debateable apparently.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Remember how PP beat Armada. And the Javi beat PP and then mango beat Javi(in exhibition) Obviously Mango is the best is the world.
of course that's total bull ****

Basically, not enough evidence is a good excuse for not putting Javi above PP. we're the ones making the list and we don't know much about him. I do think he's top ten though, so many people putting in players that aren't at his level, but I'm hesitant to put him higher than 8 right now.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You could also say there's not enough evidence for putting PP above Javi. Bottom line is, we don't know.

2. I love Axe. But Wobbles is > than Axe. Everyone gives Axe a bit(keyword is bit) too much credit because Axe mains Pikachu. (Pikachu <3)
No, it's because of his peak in 2010 -> 2011... Getting 5th at Apex 2010, 4th at Pound V, 3rd at Zenith (beating ****ing M2K in WSF), going to NorCal and DESTROYING SilentSpectre and Shroomed. He hasn't been placing as well lately though, but I can see why people have high opinions of Axe. I'm sure he easily has the potential to be top 10.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well, given his performance at NWM, Apex, Gen 2, etc., it seems more and more clear with every passing tournament that axe's peak is behind him and that whether it's him or other people getting used to pika or what, he's no longer the force that he once was. I hope that's not true, of course, because axe is a great guy and an exciting, entertaining player, but it seems like a stretch to hold on to his top 10 status when there are so many more legitimate claimants,

Battlecow

Play to Win
I certainly hope so. But for the moment, it doesn't seem fair to include him when we have so much tourney data proving that wherever he may be in the (hopefully near) future, he ain't there now. Don't think of it as ripping on Axe, think of it as giving the proper props to lovage or whoever you choose to fill in that #10 spot.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Haha, if I said that about me noone would believe me, so it's why I didn't say it, but if I said another would it'd be easier I guess ^^

Thanks. ^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Lol at people even putting javi in top ten, let alone top 5. Remember when kage beat and outplaced mango in one tournament? Clearly he deserves to be top 5 in the world.
Yes, because that was the first and only time Kage ever played against Mango and other people Mango has played.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yeah i think axe on his good day could be 6th even tho his tourney record says otherwise (it's kind of inconsistent after top 4/5) since he pretty much fully mastered pikachu and at zenith he beat me 3-2 first set and 3-0d jman/hax in money matches and was ****** everybody in teams pretty hard too. He's definitely insanely good on his good days.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yes, because that was the first and only time Kage ever played against Mango and other people Mango has played.
Ya but I had beaten him x2.. and obviously no one put me at Top 5 in the world back in the day even then so.. that argument isn't very good anyway.

Daa

Smash Rookie
I don't think Javi is above PP.
Javi is a ****ing beast but it was only one Tournament.

PP has good placements at many Tournaments and I think he was a little surprised how strong Javi was.

My opinion:

1. Armada
He has demonstrated his advantage at Apex, even if Hbox drew a set.
2. Mango
I think he could easily be first if he'd train and play a little bit "gay".
3. PP/Hbox
They're both amazing players. I don't know who is better at the moment, Both better and better because of their mentality and because they really want to be better. I think both will be better than Mango soon.
5. Shroomed/KK/Javi/M2K
They all are very good. But I'm not sure if Javi will be this good at his next attempt. M2K is hold back by his ****ing emoing.
9. Axe/Wobbles/Hax
Axe is a beast! He analrapes people with a Pikachu... I don't know why people think Ice or Kage are better than him. Don't understand this wrong I'm European and I love Ice's playstyle and Kage is a very good player too, but they're just not Top 10 in my Opinion,

I hope the grammar wasn't to bad I'm 14 and I made most sentences with the help of dict.leo xD

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, given his performance at NWM, Apex, Gen 2, etc., it seems more and more clear with every passing tournament that axe's peak is behind him and that whether it's him or other people getting used to pika or what, he's no longer the force that he once was. I hope that's not true, of course, because axe is a great guy and an exciting, entertaining player, but it seems like a stretch to hold on to his top 10 status when there are so many more legitimate claimants,
I agree, I'm just explaining why other people might have high opinions of Axe

I hope he comes back in top shape though :)

Armada

Smash Lord
Daa: If anyone dosen't expect someone to be good it is their own fault. First international players need to prove themselfs in USA and if they does " no one expect it". I think it is a really weird way to draw a conclusion.

And yeah M2K have a problem when it comes to confident. But if you take away the biggest problem a player has and don't do it with anyone else it would be really weird if that player wasn't closer to the players above.

Same thing with Mango. Playing patient is not something you just can play like that. A LOT of players are not good at it cause something makes them going aggresive and they have a problem to stay back. Also something really important to handle but every player have their own weakness. So just say it like it would be a something he can do perfect if he wanna do is not something I believe in.

And Im actually not so sure if Mango would have been much better or better at all if he was playing more "gay" (what is that anyway?). Mangos gamestyle is a lot about have a high pressure on the other player so they can't think and also stress them. Mango has a unique style for sure and I think that helps him when it comes to understand/read the other player cause he has a lot more situation that forces stupid misstakes.

Stevo

Smash Champion
this thread would make more sense if the date in the thread title was 2011 instead of 2012. We could then take a look at tournament placings throughout the year and make less subjective choices based on performance (and only some opinon). However, since we are only like 1/4 of the way through 2012, this is mostly just a "Everybody post who you think is the top 10 players" thread.

I didn't think we needed more of those kind of threads, but I guess I was wrong.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
playing more "gay" (what is that anyway?).
Well in English gay means homosexual. By mango's definition it'd be how everyone but him plays.

Gay has so many meanings at this point people forget what it really means. But I suppose the term in smash is used to refer to campy, slow-paced or cheap ways of playing. If your not pressing all the buttons, your not straight. Although I'm sure a lot of people hate the use of gay in videogames but in America its become such a widely used term.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think it's funny how so many Europeans are shocked that usa tournaments have roughly been considered the proving grounds for great players across the globe. WE HAVE THE BEST SCENE BY FAR. I know Americans should travel more, that is true but goddamn quit crying and have a weineken.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Let's stop worrying about the top players of 2012 and look towards the more important future.

Top players of 2014:
1) SloX

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
how do you get money? (serious question)
Communism. Working people pay taxes so the poor people (students) become less poor. As long as I finish my courses I get $500/month for free and another $750/month of low-interest loan (interest is lower than inflation afaik, so yay).

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wow i wish i lived in europe

I went to college in ohio and another class in NJ back in 2008 before I traveled to tournaments

5 classes passed, 4 of which were fairly difficult and all needed

NONE of them transferred. NONE. I got good grades in 5 classes and spent over 3,000 dollars for NOTHING.

my mom owes me over 10k, and im owed about 6k from loans and another 6k from TOs not paying out -.-. In Canada it seems Ally gets really cheap college compared to USA (CONSIDERABLY MORE) and since I'm not even sure what I wanna do with my life yet, idk if this college thing is even a good idea (im doing comp sci degree but IDK WHAT I REALLY WANNA DO tbh), and it costs tons of money to do it x_x

huMps

Smash Ace
Going to europe for school. Stealing hard working underpaid family man's money to play with while at school. Come back to America!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Javi is a ****ing beast but it was only one Tournament.

PP has good placements at many Tournaments
pretty amazing to get 4th at ones very first tournament ever huh
oh wait hes dominated mexico and played for a long *** time?!

oh but wait, only flopmerican tournaments count, because flopmerica is the center of the universe.
I think it's funny how so many Europeans are shocked that usa tournaments have roughly been considered the proving grounds for great players across the globe. WE HAVE THE BEST SCENE BY FAR. I know Americans should travel more, that is true but goddamn quit crying and have a weineken.
and what reasons do you have to beleive that mexico isn't better?
i think eveyone should have to prove themselves in mexico, it makes just as much sense.

Top Bottom