• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which underrated character will be the next to break through?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ganon is argued to be 9th in the tier list by a large portion of the MBR.

DruggedFox voted him 8th but Druggy's stupid so don't listen to him.

What else do you want lololol

Rykard

Smash Ace
if you think of every character in the game and then try to think of an active player that mains them, the one's you can't think of are the characters that need to break out. it's as simple as that

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Like hell if I know.

I've been gone from MBR for months.

Maybe half of them decided to agree with M2K arbitrarily one day?

Every now and then people vote wacky to promote certain characters/stages/whatever so maybe that happened.

edit:

If this thing is going to pretend to be based off tournament results at all, Doc has no business being above Ganon. I can't think of a national with the good Ganons and good Docs both in attendance where the Docs have outplaced the Ganons.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
All of the low tiers (except Bowser prob) have unseen potential. The tier list is accurate to some extent but its also a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nah.

Melee really ****s on characters with poor mobility (unless they have something to make up for it, like Link's projectile game). I don't care how good you are, you can't win this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlUUbPVKLIA

If a low tier will break out, it's going to be a mobile one, like Yoshi or G&W.

BEES

Smash Lord
All the low tiers with good mobility have a crippling flaw: they're combo food. I think it matters less that Yoshi can't jump out of his shield, Roy has no offstage game, and G&W has no shield whatsoever. Those are flaws you can compensate for with good play, to some extent. But because they're too easy to combo, they get punished disproportionately for mistakes.

Characters like Zelda and Luigi have had some recent tournament success, and while they have flaws, they are difficult to combo and thus less prone to punishment. They benefit from being shenanigans characters that you have to learn individually to fight.

That's just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt, coming from someone as terrible as I am.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's too bad Ka Master doesn't really play anymore, I really believe he had the potential to beat a lot of great people and place extremely well with Luigi.

Klaw

Smash Cadet
Luigi is so annoying. You hit him, then he goes hurtling upward and you have to wait for him to drop back down. more annoying than Sheik, cuz I can at least combo the crap out of sheik when the opportunity arises.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm gonna beat people with Game and Watch in tournament one day. Just you wait...

Zodiac

Smash Master
I wanna see mario or luigi get up there, it would also be cool to see ness or y.link get some good players to use them.

boardsmash

Smash Cadet
Kirby!!
u guys never seen 5ucks kirby in doubles.
he always gets that fresh 10

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Luigi is so annoying. You hit him, then he goes hurtling upward and you have to wait for him to drop back down. more annoying than Sheik, cuz I can at least combo the crap out of sheik when the opportunity arises.
PLEASE... It sucks more when every shine you get leads to nothing... Except shine-spikes can be mad easy, lol.

Anyways, I'll say Young Link. He is top tier in Argentina or whatever....

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
One could argue Ganon, Doc and Samus already broke through with moderate succes.
Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Mewtwo and Zelda all had at least one player with some succes as well.

If we go lower on the tierlist, you come to the characters that could do well in certain matchups, but won't place mostly because of a spacie dominated metagame and other big exploitable weaknesses.

I could definitely see players that also have a pocket high tier for problematic matchups (mostly sheik and spacies) do well though. I'm thinking a G&W, Yoshi or Kirby player will have the biggest chance to cause an upset.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon is argued to be 9th in the tier list by a large portion of the MBR.

DruggedFox voted him 8th but Druggy's stupid so don't listen to him.

What else do you want lololol
I know tournament placings has been done however not players beaten with that character... I think if you would go by players beaten with Ganon vs Doc.. Ganon would definitely come out on top.

Beat!

Smash Master
I kind of think that Jigglypuff has already broken through, but I would like to see Peach, Doc, Ganon, and Samus to also. Kirby and the like might be asking for too much though haha
Um...
Armada???

Also, you guys should watch out for Hacks Kirby. 3-0ed Pamaros Falcon and 2-0ed Ice's Marth (unfortunately Ice knew how to play Fox).

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I just saw eggstinction afew days ago. HOLY **** amazing video btw. I think Axe got Pika on a lot of peoples minds. I say Pika. Or M2 (Just because im a Taj fanboy <3)

Top Bottom