• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination is actually a pretty unfair stage. The reason is that it is too featureless; it makes projectiles too good, particularly projectile spamming, and characters with good horizontal control have a big advantage on the level in general. It also allows any sort of chain throw to go a very long distance if you're facing in the right direction for it, as well as other similar flats-dependent strategies (like Waveshining in Melee).

People think it is fair because they aren't really thinking about it. Having some overhead disruption is a good thing, and having multiple platforms makes it easier to recover, which is important as it makes it harder to edgecamp.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Final Destination is actually a pretty unfair stage. The reason is that it is too featureless; it makes projectiles too good, particularly projectile spamming, and characters with good horizontal control have a big advantage on the level in general. It also allows any sort of chain throw to go a very long distance if you're facing in the right direction for it, as well as other similar flats-dependent strategies (like Waveshining in Melee).

People think it is fair because they aren't really thinking about it. Having some overhead disruption is a good thing, and having multiple platforms makes it easier to recover, which is important as it makes it harder to edgecamp.
A stage that does nothing is broken unfair?! What's next, Warioware is fair because it give people healing and the other invincibility? If you john about campers, and chain grabbers just dodge or block them, it's not too hard. And about the edges messing you up, pratice so you don't get messed up by the edges.
Yea... I said this before, but with a few changes in this post. -_-;

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Actually, the reason FD is unfair is because it does nothing to stop certain tactics. A better way to put it would be "unbalanced", I suppose. After all, Pit can spam arrows all he wants against slow, slow Ganondorf. The Ice Climbers get an uninterrupted chaingrab, followed by a spike at the edge. Falco can spam his lasers, Meta Knight can be broken, Squirtle can f-air people under the lip of doom... The list goes on.

Smashville is probably the most neutral.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You guys need to stop johning about levels. How about instead of spending all your time on smashboards debating in pointless threads like this, you guys go out and learn how to overcome these "disadvantages?" K? K.

*not directed at anyone in particular, just the majority of people in this thread LOL*

Inferno3044

Smash Master
i say delfino. there are certain points of the stage that work for certain characters and there isnt anything really unfair except the possibility of dedede and falco can pull walk offs (which in my opinion should be banned)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
i say delfino. there are certain points of the stage that work for certain characters and there isnt anything really unfair except the possibility of dedede and falco can pull walk offs (which in my opinion should be banned)
Lol ban chaingrabing off edges? Go cry some more. Stay away from the edges. Srsly.

The only stage that would be fair is if...

* There is no stage interference
* The stage gives no advantages/disadvantages to characters of all kinds
* The stage allows all characters to recover equally

This excludes FD, because it gives advantages to projectile characters, and speed characters, not to mention the stage tends to interfere with recovery (getting stuck under the hem).

This makes battlefield the more likely candidate. But it still isn't perfect.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL @ wario ware.

If you get stuck under FD's edges when recovering, you're a noob and you deserve it haha. It's really not that hard to avoid getting stuck. Not hard at all.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
If you get stuck under FD's edges when recovering, you're a noob and you deserve it haha. It's really not that hard to avoid getting stuck. Not hard at all.
Meh, I disagree. It happens to everyone occasionally, no matter how good they are. The fact that it's even possible is why I think it is unfair. I still play on it, though I think Melee's was better. I miss it.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL. All it does is make people actually have to think when they're recovering- something most people haven't done since melee. People have become too soft from playing so much brawl.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
LOL. All it does is make people actually have to think when they're recovering- something most people haven't done since melee. People have become too soft from playing so much brawl.
Hmm.....thats quite a good point. It still will annoy me if it happens, but....well, I'll keep that in mind.

migas140

Smash Rookie
Smashville and Battlefield. Final Destination is pretty unfair, it encourages players to camp with Falco/Fox/Wolf/character with spammable projectiles and it nerfs Bowser so much.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I'm going with Smashville. It is not as easy to camp on as FD, and the platforms are less likely to be abused as with BF.
And Delfino definitely favors characters like King Dedede and Metaknight a LOT due to the wall locks and walkoffs.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
FD is the most fair, then Smashville. BF isn't. I'd rather play on delfino plaza or yoshi island than bf...

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Smashville all the way. A smal decent stage with one single moving platform and no gimping edges. It´s IMO the most nutural stage. Battlefield comes second.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
smashvile is the most fair imo id stay battle field but the platform can seriously disrupt aerial players

Kief

Smash Ace
i main link so i have to think EVERY time i recover :laugh:

smashville is the fairest. anybody who says BF is the most fair either mains ike, DK, etc., or just aren't too bright of people.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Smashville is the fairest and I can't think of any close second, because BF gives an advantage to characters with great aerials (and snake) and FD gives an advantage to projectile spammers. Yoshi's Island is probably the next fairest, imo.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think Battlefield is the most fair. It always was.

Btw, in my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade, all stages are fair. Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I think Battlefield is the most fair. It always was.
If you actually read the thread, smashville has been thought to be the most fair by a large margin. >_>

Also, BF helps characters like MK, Oli, and DK out SO much. They can completely dominate the stage-control because of its small size and multiple platforms. No way is it more fair than smashville. And LOL at "It always was." That stage sucked balls in melee for certain characters.

Anyways, I think the purpose of this thread has been served. It seems like the only people that post in here are extremely new, or noobs trying to get their post count up.

/thread *unsubscribes*

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Created stage. Small. Centered, plain blocks the size of battle field with no platforms.
Created stage. Medium, plain blocks slightly larger then battle field. No platforms.

I find that moving platform at smashville a little unfair. Not much, but it annoys me...

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd tend to say Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2. They change, meaning any camping you do on/under the platforms is limited in duration; they're thick enough you cannot attack someone on top of the stage from underneath it; they're varied enough they mix up who has the advantage, and some segments have platforms which disrupt projectiles while others have none and act more FDesque.

FD, Smashville, and Battlefield all suffer from various issues which deny them the "most fair" stage title; FD is too featureless, whereas Battlefield really can get in the way of some characters and aid others in camping. Smashville is probably fairer than either as you cannot camp under the platform all the time and the platform doesn't always mess with gravity-influenced projectiles.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Honestly, I'd tend to say Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2. They change, meaning any camping you do on/under the platforms is limited in duration; they're thick enough you cannot attack someone on top of the stage from underneath it; they're varied enough they mix up who has the advantage, and some segments have platforms which disrupt projectiles while others have none and act more FDesque.

FD, Smashville, and Battlefield all suffer from various issues which deny them the "most fair" stage title; FD is too featureless, whereas Battlefield really can get in the way of some characters and aid others in camping. Smashville is probably fairer than either as you cannot camp under the platform all the time and the platform doesn't always mess with gravity-influenced projectiles.
nah Ps2 is not a fair stage for the most part. i'd say smashville since it's a good sized stage and at least has a platform right there. it's a basic stage and good for basically all characters.

Cinos_Gohegdeh

Smash Apprentice
Final destination to me. no where to run or hide. no hazards. and no annoying platforms to get in the way...

my opinion anyway...

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I believe FD is the fairest stage.
However I play on Smashville most of the time, bcuz Idk its not plain as FD.

Top Bottom