• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
On FD, under the edges of the stage. The bottom part, generally. The shape of the bottom edges of the stage make it easier for characters to kill using these sides, or "lips." (ex. Marth dolphin slash bouncing someone off the lip)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Smashville is definitely the fairest stage in the game. It's flat, has a single platform that can be used both defensively and offensively, and doesn't have the stupid lip that's on Final Destination.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I would say Battlefield, over the fact that Snake benefits a lot from Smashville's moving platform and some characters' recoveries get ****ed on FD.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Define "fairest".
Because FD is NOT fair to everyone.
Would that mean, a fair stage for every character?
And true dat @ Norfair being fair.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` _____________________

A stage that looks like this would be the most fair.
Yoshi island is like this, but the platform tilts, and the support ghost is a annoying varible thus making it unfair.
Halbred also looks like this and i believe that if it never landed on the ship Halbred would be the fairest stage.
But considering neither are like that, i'd say that Battlefield is the fairest because if you break the stage down its FD with 3 platforms.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` _____________________

A stage that looks like this would be the most fair.
Yoshi island is like this, but the platform tilts, and the support ghost is a annoying varible thus making it unfair.
Halbred also looks like this and i believe that if it never landed on the ship Halbred would be the fairest stage.
But considering neither are like that, i'd say that Battlefield is the fairest because if you break the stage down its FD with 3 platforms.
If they recover because of the "support ghost" you say, knock them off again.

And Battlefield is nothing like FD, even without the platforms.
It's shorter + different edges, that makes more of a difference than you might realize.

I would have to say Smashville for the most fairest overall stage in terms of character advantages, promotions, counterpick etc.

I've never really heard of someone counterpicking or banning smashville because of too much advantage or disadvantage to someone.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I would have to say Smashville for the most fairest overall stage in terms of character advantages, promotions, counterpick etc.

I've never really heard of someone counterpicking or banning smashville because of too much advantage or disadvantage to someone.
Some matchups give both characters an advantage. Like Diddy and Snake are good on Smashville, and Ness and Ike practically rely on that flatform for recovery.
Overall, it's a decent stage, fun to play on, but not MOST fair.

Edit: Someone could always ban Smashville solely because they have the worst luck on there, or don't feel like they play there best, kind of like how I do when I play a good Ganon on FD.

BlueShield

Smash Cadet
Top 5 are definitely

1.Battlefield - its the most basic with no interference.
2.Final Destination - its pretty basic but it has no ledges so that gives other people an advantage.
3.Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - very basic and reasonable size also has walls for a wall jump
4.Smashville - like Final Destination but its too small giving others an adavantage.
5.Geez, I dunno... Pokemon Stadium 2? Its the most fun for me... -__-;;

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Top 5 are definitely

1.Battlefield - its the most basic with no interference.
2.Final Destination - its pretty basic but it has no ledges so that gives other people an advantage.
3.Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - very basic and reasonable size also has walls for a wall jump
4.Smashville - like Final Destination but its too small giving others an adavantage.
5.Geez, I dunno... Pokemon Stadium 2? Its the most fun for me... -__-;;
Yoshi's Island is an excellent stage for anyone with bad recoveries, or someone that's terrible against DK.
No walls for stage spikes. :D

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hahaha, that's funny considering I use alot of people with bad recoveries. xDD
Fft.
Try maining Lucas and Ness, on top of laggy wi-fi.
Now that's brave considering I fight too many Marths and MK's.

Ziata

Smash Rookie
FD is pretty much to the point. But even then it gets pretty annoying if someone hogs one side of the board and stays there. Sorry guys, I'm gonna say Battlefield is the fairest.

•Col•

Smash Champion
battlefield of course :O and pokemon stadium(melee) maybe?
Some characters **** with Platforms(see Marth) and others do pretty bad with the platforms (see Fox). Pokemon Stadium... Has a weird ledge that can gimp people, and multiple walls for infinites.

Smashville is the most fair for everyone....

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Smashville, Final Kills with that ledge and campy characters are way better here

•Col•

Smash Champion
Smashville, Final Kills with that ledge and campy characters are way better here
How are campy characters better on Smashville? There's a platform to avoid most projectiles.

Plus, the stage is so ****ed small, that you can just run up to a person after one projectile... >_>

Compared to playing a campy character on FD, Smashville is like nothing.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
How are campy characters better on Smashville? There's a platform to avoid most projectiles.

Plus, the stage is so ****ed small, that you can just run up to a person after one projectile... >_>

Compared to playing a campy character on FD, Smashville is like nothing.
That is exactly what he was saying LOL. Those were his reasons why FD isn't the fairest..
Smashville, Final [Destination] Kills with that ledge and campy characters are way better here

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Smashville is definitely the fairest stage in Brawl. I would choose Final Destination or Battle field but I went with Smashville because or the other stages flaws, characters like Wolf and Zelda can get caught in the wedge underneath Final Destination trying to recover. Battle field has three platforms on a really small stage and it's hard for characters like Ganondorf and Ike to get around them. The only thing on Smashville that get be even remotely called a flaw is that you can't wall jump the ledges, at least the platform moves around and can aid characters like Olimar with horrible recovery.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
smashville. same reasons twist mentioned. the hook on fd and the teeeny weeny stage of bf. when charies like marth with dolphin slash attack on bf it sends them up to higher ground kind of throwing off the flow of play... teh lame

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
In essence, there is no "most fair" stage. Each stage has its qwirks which work towards some types of characters. You can camp on FD. You can abuse platforms on BF, you can abuse going under the small stage and moving platform on SV, and you can abuse the movable platform on Yoshi's Island. There is no single fairest stage.

Top Bottom