• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Personally I believe Final Destination encourages camping for those with projectiles and forces those without projectiles to play offensive.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Battle field totally screws with some characters and playstyles.

And I say this from a Sonic standpoint.

Technically, Sheik can chaincamp under one of the low platforms in BF and, if she continually sweetspots, she could keep characters like Wario, Sonic, and MK from ever hitting her.

Smashville is the 'fairest'/most 'neutral' level.

You get the platform to avoid projectiles, a medium size stage, and none of that crappy platform blockage for aerial games or platform camping.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I depise battle field so much, the platforms get in the way so much its not even funny.

At least smashvilles platform gtfo's out of your way, and can help you recover.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
The top three fairest stages are:

1. Final Destination
2. Smashville
3. Battlefield

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I think Delfino, because it has different "stages", most of which look pretty fair. And a person that does well on FD might suck at some other place in Delfino, so yeah.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Either Battlefield or Smashville. Almost everybody does well/decent on Battlefield and Smashville, as opposed to on Final Destination where a lot of character's recoveries can get screwed. Final Destination also has nothing in the way, and encourages camping. Ew.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
The fairest stage in my opinion is Smashville. One nice long moving ledge, and the main platform is nice and long.

Perfect neutral stage. :bee:

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Smashville is probably the most "fair" stage in my opinion. It doesn't screw up any character's playing style too much and it's a flat stage with no stage hazards. Spamming atop the platform may seem unfair, but the platform will come back eventually. Plus, its an awesome stage.

Xona

Smash Apprentice
What even decides whether a stage is "fair"? fd gives Falco + Dedede a gigantic advantage and nukes Bowser. Battlefield gives Marth + Zero Suit Samus a significant advantage and gives Pikachu a big disadvantage. Smashville gives Snake a gigantic advantage. This is why stages can't be deemed "perfectly fair" and the designation of "the most fair" leads to unfair stage banning due to being different (Ex. Big Blue). Also, what's wrong with hazards and movement!? Who gets a significant advantage on Big Blue? What's unfair about it? (Scrubby) Answer: "It distracts from gameplay". (sounds like a John to me) I bet people have said Zero Suit Samus distracts from gameplay", flashy backgrounds, taunting, and let's not forget the black orb at the bottom of fd. "_______ distracts from gameplay" is definitely a John.

This is why "_______ is the most fair" should be avoided, _______ could be anything.

The wrongful banning of many stages (ex. Big Blue) is the reason I'm starting the Banned Stages Tournaments.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well of course no stage is perfectly fair, the thread asks what the MOST fair is.

So, the most fair stage is most likely Battlefield or Yoshi's Island. Final Destination encourages camping a bit, while Yoshi's Island and Battlefield don't really encourage that. Also, stages like Big Blue DO give a disadvantage to all characters, in the case of Big Blue, you have running off the side of the stage, and constantly trying to fight your opponent while trying not to get smashed into the pavement.

(and ZSS doesn't distract, most people don't really pay attention to the character, they know how they move and how thier playstyle is)

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Battle Field

FD

Smash Vile

True people have advantages on some of these courses but they are so small i cant see how you can care and for FD.....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ITS A COMPLETLY FLAT COURSE!!! cant get more fair than that

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Battle Field

FD

Smash Vile

True people have advantages on some of these courses but they are so small i cant see how you can care and for FD.....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ITS A COMPLETLY FLAT COURSE!!! cant get more fair than that
FD is my worst favourite of out these "fair ones" honestly it screws up my recoveries with that rectangular surface. (ever bump ur head while trying to recover? YUP), and I just love facing a Falco, Wolf, or Toon Link on that stage (sarcasm intended) because they are super campers!

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
FD is my worst favourite of out these "fair ones" honestly it screws up my recoveries with that rectangular surface. (ever bump ur head while trying to recover? YUP), and I just love facing a Falco, Wolf, or Toon Link on that stage (sarcasm intended) because they are super campers!
ya ive seen that, wish they would allow custom stages and i can make one without the bad edges

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Smashville and Battlefield are the most neutral stages, I believe.
People argue for FD, but I'd argue against for reasons already stated: camping, gay ledges, and large.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
Battle field totally screws with some characters and playstyles.

And I say this from a Sonic standpoint.

Technically, Sheik can chaincamp under one of the low platforms in BF and, if she continually sweetspots, she could keep characters like Wario, Sonic, and MK from ever hitting her.

Smashville is the 'fairest'/most 'neutral' level.

You get the platform to avoid projectiles, a medium size stage, and none of that crappy platform blockage for aerial games or platform camping.
i agree with this guy but
final destination allows for anyone to utilize their full potential.
its wide open, no blcking walls... its wide open
and all the cheap things (ledgehogin and ledgeguarding and projectiles) are part of the game!
so in my opinion its the fairest
i would go with smashville but the moving platform=no no
and battlefield= advanteges and disadvantageous

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Battlefield or Smashville probably. I'm tempted to say Final Destination too...but the more I think of it, it's not that balanced.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Battle Field seems to be the most fair. It's a little unfair for characters that have projectiles that make it hard to approach if they are under a platform as well as messing up some of the projectiles that are broken by the platforms. Smashville is pretty close, but it does have that platform that adds a random variable to the match.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Let's just design a custom stage that we can use at a tournament and use it as a counterpick! and call it the MOST fair! :laugh:

Deoxys

Smash Lord
REALLY!? How is Sheik's MK matchup at least 60/40 MK then?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
The most fair stage ?
I'd say Norfair. I mean, there's "fair" in the name, are the other stages named battlefair or fairnal destination ? No, so that's it.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I'm thinking AC because the moving platform eliminates many camping advantages while still making it difficult to abuse the advantages of platforms.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
The most fair stage ?
I'd say Norfair. I mean, there's "fair" in the name, are the other stages named battlefair or fairnal destination ? No, so that's it.
take away the "r" and you have No fair which basicly sums up that stage

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
smashville.

small. less time to camp. its pretty much good for everyone but better for those with multiple jumps or a glide; peach, mk, pit, ect.

Top Bottom