• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

K 2

Smash Lord
Battlefield and Smashville. It balances the game for characters without a projectile/without a means to defend from projectiles.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
i'd haveta pick battlefield simply because nothing moves...smashville has that slight randomness that could give a player a little more luck here or there

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah totally agree with midnaftw. It has to be smashville, its not my personal fave cos i prefer battlefield but smashville is essentially a flat stage that has found a way to discourage camping and projectile spamming.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
there is no such thing as a truly universal "fair" stage really... FD heavily favors characters with projectiles, BF helps characters that work well with platforms (sheik, DK), and so on and so forth.

warioware could be considered fairest since it ***** all the players equally lawlz

syco1337

Smash Rookie
theres no "one most fair stage"....
BF favors most characters with swords i.e. marth and MK
SV favors Snakes and also has 1 random moving platform.
FD favors camping characters i.e. falco and has the annoying ledge...
Yoshi's Island has the random things that pop up on the side + a slight surve= bad for projectiles

but the closest one has gotta be smashville imo....

Slush

Smash Cadet
Okay, now I dont see why projectile use/camping is bad, its just a tactic, like chaingrabbing and other combos.

For ranged characters, FD.
For melee based, BF.
For all, SV.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
for characters with good arials, and need for platforms:pokemon stadiums, delfino plaza
short range:final destination
all: hyrule castle; it has the platforms and hight for arials and stuff, long surfaces for long attacks (i.e.:ike, flaco, fox's side B's) flat undisturbed areas for close combat

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I feel that Smashville is a pleasant combination of Final Destination and Battlefield.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Onnett is the most fair stage >_>

But seriously, I don't think there are any "most fair" stages. It all depends on the characters playing. For example, BF is great for snake vs DDD, but then it's the stage you want to ban against MK.

And Poison mist is right. It's all in the balloon.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Smashville, definitely. Medium-sized stage, so it's harder to be projectile-spammed, only a single platform which moves around and rarely ruins air attacks, fairly nice edges... Just a great stage. And the balloons have the power to bring back Mewtwo (trust me...)

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
So there's a chance to edgehog an opponent into oblivion and it might even be the easiest edgehog that ever was but then, just as I am about to hop over the ledge and steal it away from my competitor who, being so desperate to live that he would make a deal with the God of Hades himself, I suddenly see a small round shadow creeping across the ground in my peripherals. I look up, and there is a small, 2D balloon that probably took a game designer all of three minutes to render. The little ball of gas seems to be calling to my very soul, "pop me," I hear a voice in my head, "set my gases free" the voices say. I look down at my opponent, who is only seconds away from grabbing the edge and stealing my chance for easy glory away from me.
I look back up at the balloon...
I look at my opponent....

No one should ever have to make this decision.

*Pop*

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So there's a chance to edgehog an opponent into oblivion and it might even be the easiest edgehog that ever was but then, just as I am about to hop over the ledge and steal it away from my competitor who, being so desperate to live that he would make a deal with the God of Hades himself, I suddenly see a small round shadow creeping across the ground in my peripherals. I look up, and there is a small, 2D balloon that probably took a game designer all of three minutes to render. The little ball of gas seems to be calling to my very soul, "pop me," I hear a voice in my head, "set my gases free" the voices say. I look down at my opponent, who is only seconds away from grabbing the edge and stealing my chance for easy glory away from me.
I look back up at the balloon...
I look at my opponent....

No one should ever have to make this decision.

*Pop*
This guy knows whats up.

This is perhaps the best post I have ever seen. I literally LOL'd. I would totally sig it if it wasn't so big.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
imo i think its battlefield. finalD is fair but the edge is gimpy sometimes and tbh its boaring and many people camp it. battlefield doesnt have gimpy edges and platforms are more skilful than a flat surface

Xona

Smash Apprentice
Well of course no stage is perfectly fair, the thread asks what the MOST fair is.

So, the most fair stage is most likely Battlefield or Yoshi's Island. Final Destination encourages camping a bit, while Yoshi's Island and Battlefield don't really encourage that. Also, stages like Big Blue DO give a disadvantage to all characters, in the case of Big Blue, you have running off the side of the stage, and constantly trying to fight your opponent while trying not to get smashed into the pavement.

(and ZSS doesn't distract, most people don't really pay attention to the character, they know how they move and how thier playstyle is)
If it applies to all characters equally, then it's not unfair in that sense, but it doesn't quite apply equally. Side-kills and jump-lag differences are the main possible balance-issues with this stage. I do like Battlefield also, but I won't say it's the most fair, nor will I even say Big Blue is. "The most fair" isn't as bad as "perfectly fair", but it's still a bad statement to make.

(No, Zero Suit Samus doesn't distract any decent player. I agree, I was just trying to prove that the "distracting from gameplay" excuse is stupid.)

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
No. It is not Battlefield. I don't care what anybody says, it isn't Battlefield. In my opinion, it's Smashville. It mixes the two most neutral stages together. The flat and long traits of Final Destination, and the moving single platform instead of 3 different platforms, to avoid projectile spam, which is something lots of people like about Battlefield. Of course, Smashville has some disadvantages, but you cannot have a perfect stage, alhough, Smashville has the least amount of disadvantages out of an other stage in my opinion.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
No. It is not Battlefield. I don't care what anybody says, it isn't Battlefield. In my opinion, it's Smashville. It mixes the two most neutral stages together. The flat and long traits of Final Destination, and the moving single platform instead of 3 different platforms, to avoid projectile spam, which is something lots of people like about Battlefield. Of course, Smashville has some disadvantages, but you cannot have a perfect stage, alhough, Smashville has the least amount of disadvantages out of an other stage in my opinion.

I agree, it's probably Smashville, but Yoshi Island's pretty fair as well in my opinion.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Most fair stage is Warioware, because the tasks that pop up don't necessarily depend on the character to do it. You can stand still with every character, taunt, jump, w/e it is. Every person has a chance to get screwed/benefited.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Most fair stage is Warioware, because the tasks that pop up don't necessarily depend on the character to do it. You can stand still with every character, taunt, jump, w/e it is. Every person has a chance to get screwed/benefited.
It's kind of fair, but it's banned in tourneys.

D

Deleted member

Most fair?

Smashville! T'was an easy choice for me. When I play G&W It is unbelievably awful to have to play at Battlefield. If you spam G&W's key you get what I mean.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Some characters are overpowered with platforms, and some get ***** with platforms. Also, some characters do better without them because of projectiles (Throwing items up, tilted/seeking projectiles) so they need open space.

BF is too good for some, FD is too good for some. SV is the most balanced.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
definitely battlefield and final destination because they are perfect in symmetry and everything is fixed. smashville is good but the fact that the platform moves in certain situations can randomly help a character, where as battlefield and final destination don't change. but no matter what because of the vast range of character move sets and play styles there are always characters that will have a better advantage even on the most neutral stages in the game.

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
definitely battlefield and final destination because they are perfect in symmetry and everything is fixed. smashville is good but the fact that the platform moves in certain situations can randomly help a character, where as battlefield and final destination don't change. but no matter what because of the vast range of character move sets and play styles there are always characters that will have a better advantage even on the most neutral stages in the game.
The platform always moves horizontally in Smashville, not in certain situations.

Top Bottom