• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Final Destination is rather fair without any environmental hazards. Though the ledges can be an issue with certain characters.

pokemondude

Smash Rookie
Smashville because it's a basic stage with platforms to avoid attacks and easy to see the opponent.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
None are. Even stages like Battlefield and Final Destination are favored towards some characters. A stage like Battlefield gives a slight advantage to people whose upsmashes/tilts can reach the platforms, and it favors heavier character who can kill at early percents because of the low ceiling and overall area.

A stage like Final Destination favors campers, because people who are getting assaulted with projectiles have no safe ledge to be on. And it can also screw people with certain recoveries up, like Marth or Fox, if they don't recover correctly.

Personally, for MOST fair I'd say Smashville, but I'm not sure.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is in no way a fair stage, people need to realize that @_@ The lip edges are hard and often disrupt a lot of character's recoveries plus the moving platform does nothing but encourage stalling and save people from probable death @_@

I think the most fair is Battlefield because it can't really harbor a lot of camping and the platforms are SSB64 Green Greens style and involves a lot of varied fighting.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Smashville is in no way a fair stage, people need to realize that @_@ The lip edges are hard and often disrupt a lot of character's recoveries
Err no. The edges are QUITE easy to recover from. This is one of my favorite stages DUE to the easily grab-able edge. Ganon's ledge shenanigans are too good here.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Probably Battlefield. Or maybe Smashville... But I hate both those stages :p Those ledges on BF tend to get in my way of stuff, and if Smashville didn't have that platform, it would be better than FD cause of it's ledges.

But FD all the way for me, even though it supports tactics like laser spamming :p But I'm an all-out offensive with water-types player anyways, so...

Though I would def say Pokemon Stadium if it didn't change landscapes at all.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
There is no fairest stage. Everyone gets combos and advantages on any stage. Projectile users like long stages, aerial people enjoy platforms. Flighty people enjoy moving stages. There is no "1-stage fits all". Unfortunately. But I feel that Battlefield probably comes closest.

Gigabyte_

Smash Cadet
FD.

iTS FLAT WITH NO PLATFORMS IN THE WAY OR NOTHING, EVERY MATCH ON FINAL D WILL BE PERFECT

Gigabyte_

Smash Cadet
There is no fairest stage. Everyone gets combos and advantages on any stage. Projectile users like long stages, aerial people enjoy platforms. Flighty people enjoy moving stages. There is no "1-stage fits all". Unfortunately. But I feel that Battlefield probably comes closest.
He didn't ask for a "1 stage fits all" you freaking moron, he means which stage has the least amount of elements that allow some chars to take control of a match. every stage has them but some have more than others. Get an IQ bigger than 5.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
It's obviously Mario Bros...

Maybe not... I'd say Smashville due to not being ENTIRELY flat like FD (smashville has a platform), and easy grab edges

... Pictochat has elements of everyhing, making it semi fair :lol:

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Castle Siege is not bad.

It completely abolishes camping. The second part abolishes it a bit more than the third part. It gives close range users an advantage in the first and second parts, and gives non-straight (no i dont mean gay) projectile users an advantage in the third part. The first part denies vertical recovery, the third part gives it a boost. All in all its three sections counterbalance each other.

Shadia

Smash Cadet
hmm.... I'd have to say smashville followed closely by battlefield. I don't really like final destination to be honest, maybe I'm just a bad zelda but I can't tell you the number of times I haven't been able to FW correctly because of the way the ledge sticks out.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
... Pictochat has elements of everyhing, making it semi fair :lol:
Yeah...until a giant rocket comes from nowhere and kills you. Or perhaps you have a perfect chance for a devestating f-smash when a house blocks you. So yeah, Pictochat, not that fair.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Castle Siege is not bad.

It completely abolishes camping. The second part abolishes it a bit more than the third part. It gives close range users an advantage in the first and second parts, and gives non-straight (no i dont mean gay) projectile users an advantage in the third part. The first part denies vertical recovery, the third part gives it a boost. All in all its three sections counterbalance each other.
Castle siege is not fair LMAO. Fight a DDD on that stage. The second part and when it's transforming makes the other character have to go into insane camping mode. It is so gay, one grab you're dead.

The advantages some parts give do not counterbalance the disadvantages they get from the others because the advantage far outweighs the disadvantage they get from the other formation.

Edit: I've been reading this thread from the beginning pretty much, and the vote is like 10 billion for smashville to a few for BF and even fewer for FD. Then there are a few retardedly random votes for stages like pictochat, luigi's mansion, castle siege, etc. Everyone who knows what they are talking about have said smashville followed closely by BF then by FD. We should let this thread die, it's run it's purpose XD

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I think it's the Battlefield. It doesn't give any advantages to anyone. Projectile users can be avoided by jumping from platform to platform, while melee fighters can be avoided by using the hit & run strategy.

:lick:

mk606

Smash Rookie
I think smashville is the fairest and final isn't very fair cause people just spam there

Ninjaneos

Smash Cadet
battlefield has to many platforms and it can be easily used for advantages such as air attacks on players who are on the platforms so i think smashville is fair, except for its small size

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
LOL @ wario ware.

If you get stuck under FD's edges when recovering, you're a noob and you deserve it haha. It's really not that hard to avoid getting stuck. Not hard at all.
The only legit john about this is maining link. Other than that you deserve it

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Lawl, agree.
Seriously what's so unfair about Jungle apes.
-Klap Trap
-Going against Falco here
-Going against DK here
-Two ledges to camp on
-Vertical blast zones are ****ing huge and horizontal blast zones are so small.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Frown always has the best posts in any thread. His name is misleading, he actually makes people smile.

Gaudeo

Smash Cadet
I've got to go with Smashville as well, it's not so small that you can't reliably play with projectiles, but small enough that you can't really camp. All the blast zones seem reasonably far away, so KOing in any particular direction is not required. Furthermore, it doesn't screw with your recovery like FD. The platform is also useful for characters with bad recovery or conventional edgeguarding options.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
samus's level the one that flipes up side down that **** is ****in stupied

Top Bottom