• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I dont really see a point here since all characters have stage disadv/advantages , so basically if you consider FD a fair stage then its fair, but when you implement the characters and their skills and conditions, then it would be something like Falco Fox advantage, same goes to other stages.

k-sin

Smash Cadet
Defiantly not Battle field IMO from a Toon Link standpoint =P

Smashville gives you a chance when the platform moves but provides cover for the non spammers too.

FD while it helps the spammer, some good technique can get you by that without relying on the stage to help you though. So be a man, take on a spammer on FD.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i would say smash ville because battlefield can give meta knight and any other flying character an advantage because of the platforms, and they can get int the way

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Smashville. Come on, now.

FD gives advantage to campers.
BF gives advantage to swordsmen/people with ridiculous platform game (like Zelda), and it's cramped.
YI has those funky slopes, and the platform tilts.... plus the walls on the edges can interfere with some recoveries. Oh, and Shy Guys have definitely gotten in my way before. :mad:

FD is definitely my favorite, though, especially when I need to whip out Campachu against the likes of Marth or MK.

finalark

SNORLAX
Thats an understatement.

Lets all just agree Smashville takes the cake
Agreed. I'd have to say the Smashville is surprising the best stage in the game. Final Destination, while a good stage, has crappy edges and is a lot smaller than the Melee version for some odd reason.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I actually think it's Lylat Cruise. The ledges aren't actually biased against any character; you can just get better at the game and then not have trouble with them. On the other hand, the stage provides a lot of platform play opportunities while still being more about ground play than platform play. The ground isn't perfectly flat but mostly flat which does a good job of splitting the difference between characters who like it one way or another.

The reason I'm quite certain it isn't Smashville is because it's the second best stage for the Ice Climbers, and it's also especially good for Snake. In general, if your strategy is "chaingrab a lot", it's the stage you want if your opponent bans Final Destination (walk-off abuse aside). It's definitely one of the more fair stages, but I think these issues which really don't exist on Lylat Cruise put it below it in fairness.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
IMO, and stage that has a bottom gives players the chance to "run away".
For example, Jigglypuff can easily travel beneath Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat Cruise. Meta Knight, Pit, hell even Sonic (who can stay beneath a stage like the one's mentioned) for the whole match by using his homing attack.
----
The only one I think is somewhat balanced is Luigi's Mansion. That tree thingy keeps gliding/floaters, from reaching the other side. Beside that there really isn't any other hazard.
Once the mansion is destroyed, the layout becomes a lot like Final Destination.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
I actually think it's Lylat Cruise. The ledges aren't actually biased against any character; you can just get better at the game and then not have trouble with them. On the other hand, the stage provides a lot of platform play opportunities while still being more about ground play than platform play. The ground isn't perfectly flat but mostly flat which does a good job of splitting the difference between characters who like it one way or another.

The reason I'm quite certain it isn't Smashville is because it's the second best stage for the Ice Climbers, and it's also especially good for Snake. In general, if your strategy is "chaingrab a lot", it's the stage you want if your opponent bans Final Destination (walk-off abuse aside). It's definitely one of the more fair stages, but I think these issues which really don't exist on Lylat Cruise put it below it in fairness.
lylat cruise?sorry dude but sometimes i cant even see war im doin.espesially when its a full party.

Pandii

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's Lylat if you're against a Marth player simply because the two side platforms gives a free f-smash tipper (Think of Melee: Marth + Yoshi's Island that kind of setup).

Aura Master

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say that Battlefield is the most balanced stage. The ledges don't prevent any characters from recovering. Three platforms that are all equal in length. A nice sized base platform. It gives every character an advantage and disadvantage.

FD is too large and, as mentioned before, the ledges prevent some character recoveries. Plus, the stage being flat gives projectile characters a higher advantage, as well as giving runners a larger area to escape on. SV would be the best, if the platform didn't move. The moving platform adds a variable to the stage removing part of its neutrality factor. YI has the ghost platform, the center platform moves occasionally, and the ledges on the stage can hinder a few characters recoveries. LC tilts and hinders some projectiles, not to mention the background is very distracting and the ledges can cause some characters to get stuck under them.

After considering all these factors, the only downside to BF would have to be the platforms, but they are better off than SV's platform because they are stationary. So yes, IMO, BF would have to be the best andd most fair stage. Then again, it's just my opinion.

Tamoo

Smash Master
People who are complaining about FDs edges, seriously, just get better at recovering, no johns, learn your characters sweetspots etc, dont recover blindly hoping that you will sweetspot the edge

And imo, bf is the fairest, but even thats not totally fair. There is no fair stage, but i think battlefield and possible unchanged pokemon stadium are up there.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Marth fairs the most.

Oh, wait... Stages, i see...

I think BF (Battlefield) is the MOST fair of them all. FD has those edges that could make you SD if you try any weird maneuvers while grabbing the ledge (like most characters' upB getting stuck under them), and SV has that moving platform that really gets in the way of approaches whenever you need to approach... >_>

~*Voom*~

Smash Cadet
Marth fairs the most.

Oh, wait... Stages, i see...

I think BF (Battlefield) is the MOST fair of them all. FD has those edges that could make you SD if you try any weird maneuvers while grabbing the ledge (like most characters' upB getting stuck under them), and SV has that moving platform that really gets in the way of approaches whenever you need to approach... >_>
I agree with him

Thethirdbrother

Smash Rookie
I think final destination would be without that ledge under the stage...

The most fair would probably be Battlefield without the platforms or Final Destination without that CURSED ledge...

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
FD's lip really doesn't detract it from being fair. I don't see how people get gimped by that, and really a lot of people don't.

In general though, FD is not only large, but it has no platforms, meaning that it's easier to camp, run, and generally be more defensive. While there is no flat out fair stage, Battlefield is probably the most fair. It has average size blast-zones, a medium sized stage, and stationary platforms, meaning it does well for all types of play.

Let's look at this. FD = no platforms thus projectile users have the advantage and a ledge that just about kills some people.

BF has a ton of platforms that cover the entire stage. THus those that have good movement and juggle people well will do the best here.

So whilst they are pretty neutral they can mean victory or defeat for some.

The one that combines both aspects of this: Smashville. Thus I think that smashville is the most fair stage.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I'd say FD or smashville. Battlefield's platforms are kinda annoying. Although Lylat cruise's platforms aren't as bad ^^

Top Bottom