• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you guys dont know about the mystical enthralling nature of that cosmo zelda

plus i just got an interview in chicago so i could be moving back in and bumping someone out for a spot

i think ontario would wreck illinois in a 5v5 crew battle, but i changed the topic to 10v10 crew battles because illinois ranks much higher that way

also, anybody who doesnt think they want to watch that should watch some of those r bros combo videos, theyre all fantastic

and andale should be on that if he still plays, im not actually sure ive ever even talked to the guy

dude rests more than he bairs with his jiggs, beat austinrc in a set in like 4 minutes

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh i know you guys arent bad, ive played a lot of ontario people, but i dont exactly know who a 10 man crew would be

i can think of 8 solid people, but 2 of those wouldnt make an illinois crew

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ah i did forget a few people/not know where some people lived

a lot of this discussion is just making me consider what makes a region good; it seems most people are discussing areas the best players in the world live in and the few people they play with, where i value depth a lot more. i would never say a region that could win a 5v5 crew battle but lose a 10v10 crew battle was better than its opponent, and illinois could field a 20 man crew battle that still left out competitive people, that makes illinois a strong state in my eyes

Bing

Smash Master
The GTA is relatively strong. The young guys like myself are growing at a decent rate. We have top level players like the ones I listed above. I think we're a pretty strong region.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
NC is ***, but we'd do pretty well in a 5v5 cause...yeah...we have that kevin guy.

pp, twitch, yay, $mike, l0zr would be an actually good NC 5 man crew.

we're not very deep though.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Chu Dat
Chillin
Azen
Cyrain
Tope
Redd
Nintendude
DoH
Vist
Mahone
Boss
Ether
G-Reg
Plank
Thumbswayup
ChaosKnight
Wenbo
Winston
Savedge
Knightpraetor

MD/VA would do really, really well in 20 man crews

dat depth

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
NC is ***, but we'd do pretty well in a 5v5 cause...yeah...we have that kevin guy.

pp, twitch, yay, $mike, l0zr would be an actually good NC 5 man crew.

we're not very deep though.
LOL we don't have char diversity either freakin 3 foxes, a falcon, and a falco...

but yeah i don't even know what our 10 man crew would look like. it'd be pretty ugly tho

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. at least greensboro will have character diversity, so if we actually get good under kevin, it'll be awesome. we already have a ganon, a spacie, a falcon, a marth, a peach, and whatever smith chooses to play, and copies for just about all of those. if kevin can get all of us better, it'd be ****.

unknown522

Some guy
ah i did forget a few people/not know where some people lived

a lot of this discussion is just making me consider what makes a region good; it seems most people are discussing areas the best players in the world live in and the few people they play with, where i value depth a lot more. i would never say a region that could win a 5v5 crew battle but lose a 10v10 crew battle was better than its opponent, and illinois could field a 20 man crew battle that still left out competitive people, that makes illinois a strong state in my eyes
Yeah, most of this

:phone:

Max?

Smash Champion
Chu Dat
Chillin
Azen
Cyrain
Tope
Redd
Nintendude
DoH
Vist
Mahone
Boss
Ether
G-Reg
Plank
Thumbswayup
ChaosKnight
Wenbo
Winston
Savedge
Knightpraetor

MD/VA would do really, really well in 20 man crews

dat depth
Uh Nintendude lives in NY. Went to college in Ithaca and lives in Westchester when school is out of session. Also, you're including both MD and VA, which is fake. Might as well include NY and NJ together, even tho the actual depth of NY alone is pretty ridic.

Jman
Hax
DJ
PC Chris
Vanz
Chops
Nintendude
Alukard
G$
Myself
Niko
Tuna
PC Kip
Hazz
T. Webb
Sol
Phish-it
Ky
Reno
The Moon
Ryan K
JesiahTEG
Kwan

And a ton of people who I'm forgetting/are semiactive/retired who are still **** and would most likely **** your face. This is just NY btw.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Taj
Wobbles
Axe
Forward
GG7
Tai
Okami
Silly Kyle
Vman
Jetfour

v

Kels
Dart
Trail
MattR
TomR
Deku
Cosmo
Rat
ORLY
and **** it, lets include Tink

I'd watch that. :o
Forgetting CunningKitsune, of course the thread is dumb lol, these crews will never happen but its fun to talk about:p. However, AZ doesn't even have the best player, I'd take Kelly all day over AZ's top 3. Dude obliterated Taj at Pound 4, traded sets iwth wobbles at POE, really only losing hte 2nd set because he was getting shield grabbed, which just doesn't happen anymore.

strawhats

Smash Master
Forgetting CunningKitsune, of course the thread is dumb lol, these crews will never happen but its fun to talk about:p. However, AZ doesn't even have the best player, I'd take Kelly all day over AZ's top 3. Dude obliterated Taj at Pound 4, traded sets iwth wobbles at POE, really only losing hte 2nd set because he was getting shield grabbed, which just doesn't happen anymore.
wonders how kels would do vs Axe?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Why would anyone want to watch that?
cuz everyone is a midwest fan at heart, whether they want to admit it or not. We got swag and *****es no other region can touch and we'd beat that *** in a football game.

btw ur peach is trash, saw ur lucky *** bracket, come to the midwest soon so u can get ur *** beat down yet again.

<3

trail

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
last time I went to Midwest was like 2009? Way to have relevant tournament data.

I'll ruin y'all at FC buddy ;)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Uh Nintendude lives in NY. Went to college in Ithaca and lives in Westchester when school is out of session. Also, you're including both MD and VA, which is fake. Might as well include NY and NJ together, even tho the actual depth of NY alone is pretty ridic.
Nintendude is moving to Washington DC for a job.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

Jman
Hax
DJ
PC Chris
Vanz
Chops
Nintendude
Alukard
G$
Myself
Niko
Tuna
PC Kip
Hazz
T. Webb
Sol
Phish-it
Ky
Reno
The Moon
Ryan K
JesiahTEG
Kwan

And a ton of people who I'm forgetting/are semiactive/retired who are still **** and would most likely **** your face. This is just NY btw.
Didnt vanz move. Also u have been gone awile so u r not familiar with some of the newer players doing work. (Not saying hey what about me on the list, just saying we r getting deeper and have secret bosses or at least secret mini bosses)

:phone:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Inb4 DoH trashes the Midwest

Damn NY is looking good. I'd love to do 20-man crews with yall =D be the hypest **** ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom