• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones0

Smash Legend
People sleep on MD/VA because people in MD/VA would rather sleep than host tourneys. We just have a lot of old school players that are amazing, but as a whole, I think we're pretty weak. But what do I know, I'm barely in the region myself. -.-

Also, I only referenced the SSBPD for the player list. I wasn't trying to prove anything with Elo. I think it's just really clear from looking at those lists that Cali has a significant advantage in any sort of crew battle or overall comparison. Even if you divide it into NorCal and SoCal (which we should, but I think people who are out of state just don't know what Cali players are from which lol), they still destroy any other region. AZ would probably be third.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If you're going by overall player depth by state (meaning, you consider at least each state's top ten players), I think this list posted from last year is still pretty accurate:

1. California
2. Arizona
3. Florida
4. New York
5. New Jersey
6. Illinois
7. Virginia
8. Michigan
9. Washington
10. Pennsylvania

Max?

Smash Champion
I wanted to post "Thank god this got closed" in the Hbox thread, but then I realized it got closed, so I'm just going to say "Mods please close this"

Cali is easily the best state.

After that it's probably NJ, NY or Arizona. Florida is crazy overrated.

Dip

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Ontario is pretty decent. We become more decent if we get lumped with Quebec to form EC Canada because then we get Kage, Bam, and Vwins.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
besides cali/canada each region has roughly 4-7 extremely talented players(pros) i think the rating of those regions wud be determined by who is up and coming since it wud be relatively close. i wud throw tristate in their but *****s neva go to tournaments.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
MD/VA is pretty stacked at the top. We have Chu, Chillin, Azen, Cyrain, Tope, Redd, myself, Mahone, Vist and some secret bosses like Savedge, Milkman, Boss, Doll, etc.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I was trying to raise your mystique level and make you a super secret boss. Way to ruin everything Mahone

:phone:

S l o X

Smash Champion
I just thought about how AZ has Wobbles, Taj and Axe and gave it to them. I see more improvement in those three than I do in the top NY players so I just said ok safe choice.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's also about depth though. AZ has a **** top 3, but who else do they have? Does their 4-10 compete with NYs?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Don't matter IMO.

Like MD/VA is stacked, but everyone is like A-tier. Chu use to be S-Tier years ago; doesn't really apply anymore. We need someone in our region that's like... PP level.

S l o X

Smash Champion
It's also about depth though. AZ has a **** top 3, but who else do they have? Does their 4-10 compete with NYs?
True.

but what it really comes down to is how fake everyone is. CA is so much better than everyone and we should all be stepping it up.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Depth usually beats one or two **** players, especially in crew battles; East Coast never had a top player like Ken/Isai back in the day, but they had better depth. The only time WC has beaten EC is on their home turf when EC had like...Midwest players on it, lol

Warhawk

Smash Lord
There's a vid on Youtube of GG7 destroying MacD (granted he played poorly but still impressive) and I think Forward is back to playing at a pretty good level.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
AZ's 4-10 definitely stacks up against any other single state's 4-10 except California's. This is assuming Maryland and Virginia are separated, which should happen when we're talking about just states in the US. Same with New York/New Jersey and Ontario/EC Canada.

Bing

Smash Master
I'd say that AZ isnt second, I mean they're really good, I just dont know about second. If EC Canada is a region as opposed to like Ontario and Quebec being seperate, then I would put EC Canada above AZ.

I mean Ontario itself has a lot of players who are really good but havent travelled yet such players like Reis and Izek, we also have Sauc3, JPOBS, Ministry, Idea and players like that. So I dont know exactly where Ontario/EC Canada would be located overall, but I'd say top 5ish?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ouch... my heart

im not even a secret boss
Mahone is on that extra boss ****. Like, you have to have already beaten the game, started a new game+, found that secret key in the treasure chest you couldnt reach the first time you played the game, talk to that one girl in the third village again even though there's nothing that tells you to, then go to the S&M mansion that wouldnt let you in before cus you were underage and honestly not that pretty but they let you in now cus you have an in with the owner(who was the last boss) and then use the secret key you found to enter the locked basement maze. And who will you find at the end of that basement maze? The super secret extra boss, dressed like a gimp, standing with two dominatrix sub-bosses that drip candle wax on him through the battle to increase his stats: Mahone

Mahone

Smash Champion
i was digging that story until it got to the end... and i became like ur sex fantasy or some weird ****....

Real talk, VA crew is (in no order):

1. Chu
2. Chillin
3. Redd
4. Doh
5. Tope
6. Cyrain
7. Mahone
8. Boss
9. G-reg
10. Azen

Apparently Milkman and Savedge go super saiyan in secret while they are in richmond, but i've never seen it so, whatever, for now this is what id be.

Also, i'm not suggesting that list is good, or that we are better than any state, just saying thats what our crew would be most likely... also that doesn't include MD, so its just one state.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
...Poor Maryland.

Anyone from that state is a scrub.

The Star King

Smash Hero
True.

but what it really comes down to is how fake everyone is. CA is so much better than everyone and we should all be stepping it up.
Uh, why? Have you SEEN their population numbers? California being the best is only to be expected.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mahone is on that extra boss ****. Like, you have to have already beaten the game, started a new game+, found that secret key in the treasure chest you couldnt reach the first time you played the game, talk to that one girl in the third village again even though there's nothing that tells you to, then go to the S&M mansion that wouldnt let you in before cus you were underage and honestly not that pretty but they let you in now cus you have an in with the owner(who was the last boss) and then use the secret key you found to enter the locked basement maze. And who will you find at the end of that basement maze? The super secret extra boss, dressed like a gimp, standing with two dominatrix sub-bosses that drip candle wax on him through the battle to increase his stats: Mahone
Every now and then, god-tier posts like this one appear. Thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom