• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I stopped playing brawl as soon as I saw the lack of depth which was.. Like almost instant.. Of course I play it from time to time if someone challenge me, But I have no direct interest in it whatsoever

And all the arguements that's melee is too fast, Your just slow..

To all the good players here(That go to tournaments or can play well against competetive people) Play lightning melee with other players for awhile and then go back to normal gameplay, And you'll be able to do some crazy *** ****

I have never had so much fun in my life with any game, Melee is the only game which can give you that special rush of intense battles, Insane comebacks, Weird combos, And AMAZING edgeguards (Sounds like advertisement haha)

All in all, I will play melee forever, Or atleast until everyone in my country(Sweden) stops playing, which doesn't seem to be happening in a near future :D

Cinder

Smash Master
i like brawl
That's not the point of this topic...

For the last time, people...if you still like Brawl, DON'T POST HERE...

Anyone else notice that a certain mod we all looooove was quick to say not to post that you only play Melee in the Melee/Brawl thread and threatened to give out warnings, but hasn't said jack-**** here? Yeah, REAL fair >>;

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I've hated it for the longest.

And I actually got to play it for the first time yesterday, which only confirmed everything I've heard.

Probably my biggest complaint was how in a FFA I picked MK and spammed Neutral B and Infinite Dimensional Cape and won by 3stock. >_>

The other complaint was how when I picked anyone else, the Fox I played against would;
Standing Laser -> Roll across map -> Standing laser -> Roll -> Fsmash OoS after 100%
and I couldn't stop it... ._.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
sonic update frightened me too, but i was too excited to say i hated it then. once i actually played it for the first time i was just like 'dude, why is it so slow?!?' and it never got any more entertaining. i went back to melee 3 days later

Dn2

Smash Rookie
one day i went back and played with a friend....

then my eyes had open for a second time...

melee was it....the speed...the ATs...and the captain...
now the whole crew plays melee again...we just need more people to start playing...

(plus was playing brawl in a 4 man FFA, when this n00b caught a hissy fit when i threw 2 nades with snake for the whole game...i realized only n00bs cared about the game...no offense to any one tho...)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
If I find fighting level 4 computers with Fox/Marth on Melee more fun than playing Brawl online, would you say I like Melee better?

=(

Foxy

Smash Master
I was insanely hyped for Brawl. I was a pretty serious Melee player beforehand and I thought that the sequel would do amazing things and be a new competitive standard. From release I played it nonstop working constantly on mastering and progressing the newly revealed metagame, and I continued for probably 4 months, until I just gradually played more and more Melee and after my 3rd Brawl tournament I realized that it was just complete sh*t. It's the worst game to play in competition in the world.

I'd rather play Star Fox Assault or Billy Hatcher in a tournament.

Now, whenever I don't have someone to play with or a tourney to go to, I spend 1-5 hours a day practicing and maintaining tech skill on level 1 computers in Melee. The game is THAT good. It actually occupies me and provides stress relief.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I can spend that long too.

But usually it's only a half hour 3-4 days a week for me...

I can spend 5 hours playing if I'm trying to learn a new tech, but I don't need that kind of time to slightly improve and maintain my current techs.

Oracle

Smash Master
Melee had Metaknight-Type-Broken Characters, but the thing is, there were more than one. In Brawl, Metaknight is the only broken character, which naturally upset the already-bad balance.

And to self-opinionated people, you can't say to a person "No, you're wrong, Melee/Brawl is boring!". Hey, people have different opinions.

Melee and Brawl 4 ever.
Actually, no one in melee is near as broken as mk. Some low tiers actually can face off pretty well against the top 4, for example, DK vs. fox on FD is heavily in favor on DK.
MK has no counters or weaknesses whatsoever.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, I remember seeing a vid on Youtube of a DK completely dominating a Fox on FD. I couldn't believe my eyes. 5 HOURS?! I can only get like 2, at the most, at night.

Shroomed

Smash Master
no one in melee is completely broken

they all have some pretty bad disadvantages
fox/falco, comboed like no other
sheik, can be dthrow chain grabbed for hella long with quite a few chars
marth, sheik will rip ur face off
doc, no recovery/range whatsoever

the list goes on

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
I realized i didn't like it when I unlocked all the characters, stages and beat all the events in a few days. I had an orgasm when i finally beat all the events in melee.

Foxy

Smash Master
Well, when I'm bored I just go and play against level 1 CPU's, and if I have nothing to do that day I sometimes play for 5 hours straight. I just get in the flow, and it's addictive to just do flashy tech while pulling off overkill combos. Of course, playing to win again a level 1 is dumb, so I just try anything, but it's really an awesome pasttime to occupy me.

It's also why I placed near the top at my first Melee tournament ><

I play way too fucking much. Seriously.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Well, when I'm bored I just go and play against level 1 CPU's, and if I have nothing to do that day I sometimes play for 5 hours straight. I just get in the flow, and it's addictive to just do flashy tech while pulling off overkill combos. Of course, playing to win again a level 1 is dumb, so I just try anything, but it's really an awesome pasttime to occupy me.

I play way too fucking much by myself. Seriously.
if ur playing with other people on ur lvl, there's almost no playing too much with good competition

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, i love playing against people who are better than me in melee. It makes it such a fun game. With brawl, it seems about 50% chance who wins. It's all about the items.

Melee with no items is extremely fun. Play Brawl with no items and see how it goes.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

I play way too fucking much. Seriously.
o.o

I do the exact same thing.
No tourneys yet though...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU why do you have to live in NC. ;_;

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I had high hopes for brawl the whole time. I purposely avoided learning anything about it, and gave it an honest chance with an open mind. About the second hour I was bored about the game, and my friends were pissed because I kept saying little **** that shouldn't be in there (none of them hit melee that hard).

So here I am, almost in December of 08 and I've played less than 10 hours of brawl in my life. That game is trash.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
brawl ruined my fox... rigged up metaknight, and slowed everything down to where u cant really be as pro as u could be in melee... melee takes real skills to keep up with the fast pace intesnse game play...

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
if you see someone who gets a % lead in a match and tries to win the match by stalling at the ledge, giving him a huge unfair advantage over his opponent, BAN IT. Even if you never saw this before, I am telling you from experience that it happens, and it's really ********. BAN IT. Make a rule so that they have to touch the ground at least once every 10 seconds from the point of which they grab the ledge, or an even better idea is to have the option of having a judge (like a tourney host or someone trustworthy, I recommend the tourney host) to be called over to the TV. Sheik and Jiggs could easily win matches in Melee this way, but everyone was too honorable to do it, because that ruins the point of the game, which is to be a fun FIGHTING game. Do you want people to travel to go to tourneys just to see THAT?

for those of you that aren't experienced in smash tourneys, this is a very cheap way to win, it's makes the game not fun to play... it doesn't even make it a game anymore, but rather an EXPLOITATION OF THE RULES. I remember Plank doing this to Eggm last year and him winning 2 tourney sets over him when he got a % lead. It's not to say he wouldn't have won, but it was done in a really dumb, boring way, giving a big advantage for no good reason. I tried this in 1 friendly vs chu dat last year sheik vs ICs in a friendly, I got a small % lead after shooting a needle then I ledge camped the rest of the time. Regardless if this was a friendly or not, I ended up 3 stocking him, while normally fighting properly it would be really close and at that time I probably would lose. King was ledge camping vs Forward in an OC3 match and Forward then said "that's all you have to do to win" and King responded with "yeah, it is" but since King is an honorable player, he finished the match properly by actual fighting.

Ledge Stalling needs to be banned, every Tourney Host needs to make sure that there is a ruleset that should have either 1) a 10 second rule for touching the ground of the stage or 2) a judge can be called over to prevent this from happening

there is no positive effect of allowing this at tourneys, all it does is ruin the game completely. We need to draw a line or else this won't even be a GAME anmore. And as far as I'm concerned, I like FIGHTING my opponents. Unless you want the future to be really boring and gay, I suggest you listen to my advice. Doing this will literally RUIN smash, so if you have any honor at ALL you should never resort to this.

Thanks for your time, and please do listen. I enjoy FIGHTING my opponents.

The sooner you do this the better, and remember - it can't hurt to be playing it safe, this will only help.
Also, I call this an 'American mentality' because I'll be ****ed if I ever saw a Japanese game where the players camped there way through.
Ban metaknight threads

Ban snake threads

Ban dedede chaingrab threads

Ban dedede threads

Ban infinates against walls threads

THIS

1. Brawl just takes too much to stop it from completely breaking down.

2. I hate racist remarks. And sadly lots of gamers have this 'Japan is superior in everything' attitude.

3. At the brawl forums: "Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?"

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
In brawl, you stay in the air forever. Just think about the HRC. ;)

and there are like 5 stages that make you even more floatier.....

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
When I read about Wavedashing on smashwiki (i hadn't played melee because i was new)
edited:to not look like a nooby post

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
At first, I disliked Brawl because of the air dodging

And then, I disliked Brawl because of the shielding

And then later, I disliked Brawl because of the high percentages that everyone lived at

And now, I dislike Brawl because it's just plain too slow.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
At first, I disliked Brawl because of the air dodging

And then, I disliked Brawl because of the shielding

And then later, I disliked Brawl because of the high percentages that everyone lived at

And now, I dislike Brawl because it's just plain too slow.
lmao 12 step program over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom