• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I was actually half and half at one point. About 2 or 3 weeks in, I got bored of Brawl and decided to play Melee. That's not to say that at that point I didn't like Brawl. I thought it was an alright game to play for fun. I still liked Melee more for it's competitiveness.

Then I played Melee again, and actually had a frame of reference. I had lost nearly all of my tech skill, and everything felt faster. So then I just decided to play Melee instead, and have been ever since.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
When I loaded the disk I didn't like it.
When I tried to combo I didn't like it.
When I tripped for the first time I flipped the bird at Sakurai.

LSDX

Wah!
I played Brawl since release day and I have had struggles with myself to let the game go, but it keeps finding its way back to me like a leech. I recently have given thought of selling Brawl all together just to rid myself of a curse. My main problems are the following:

-Multiple airdodging
-Shield-Grabbing is extremely broken
-Jabs lock into almost every smash attack
-No Roy (or Geno...)
-Everyone is like Jigglypuff, cast of helium balloons
-Too many broken chaingrabs
-Brawl supporters grind my left nut into paralysis
-Margin of skill between players is almost non-existant
-Winning is determined on the following: Camping, Spamming, and Mindgames
-Final Destination is not purple
-Needs moar Roy

melee never gets boring if you aren't wearing pants.
BTW, I'm sig'ing this Lumpy. ^_^

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
brawl isn't that bad... but i've just been spoiled by melee.

I think my number 1 reasons for not enjoying it as much, is the lack of combos, and that it's slower paced. Brawl is a really good game though.

LSDX

Wah!
Brawl pretty much ruined the way I looked at combos. I played Brawl for about three months straight, and then went back to trying Melee; everything I knew was gone. It doesn't work the same way. You can eaasily get good at Brawl after playing months of Melee after one day, but trying to do the same with Melee after playing months of Brawl is just mind numbingly hard.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm trying to remember who it was....but they had 8000 posts in two months. I'll get back to you. It may have been Psychoincarnate but I'm not sure.

Factual Edit:

He joined about when the dojo started, and from the beginning of the dojo till like middle of the summer he amassed over 8000 posts. He's at 9000 now.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
All he does is spam...read some of his posts...it's sad, really...he was banned once, but for some reason, they let him back in...
LMAO i saw this quoted and instantly thought it was said about me.
is that bad?

-Red-

Smash Cadet
Most of you guys are dumb, Brawl is not a bad game there is a lot of depth to it.

As for it being better then Melee, Is ANYTHING better then Melee?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Most of you guys are dumb, Brawl is not a bad game there is a lot of depth to it.

"most of you guys are dumb" is a complete sentence and doesn't need a comma.
it is an ignorant complete sentence. therefore no one will take the rest of your post serious.
not to mention the... i'm gonna stop lmao

just so you know... i'm a bro!

capncone

Smash Apprentice
I had an STD the day brawl came out, and kept playing it constantly for a month or two with my friends, and then I played Melee again, just for kicks, and I just thought "wow.". I haven't gone back since.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You should, I made it and its about brawl sucking, whats better.

BrawlLover was an instant failure from the day he made that name, it was like he was destined to fail. If he wants to be a winner theres only one thing he can do and he knows what that is

Dn2

Smash Rookie
no, it is rather good i must say bro

oh man, i feel so smart now! i am still a bro though!
lol...sad really...

really played brawl hard for a while...but every thing about it down to the people that played it really turned me off, plus the fact that is not as good is melee...

i mean...i haven't even reach my peak in melee yet...

and why are u guys here in a melee thread...there are lots of active brawl threads....go have so slo-mo fun!

Fletch

Smash Master
I had an STD the day brawl came out, and kept playing it constantly for a month or two with my friends, and then I played Melee again, just for kicks, and I just thought "wow.". I haven't gone back since.
Someone is definitely going to read this the wrong way.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey Professor Pro, has anyone taken your challenge of pm'ing you with a reason why Brawl is better than Melee yet lol?
About two people lol, I guess the rest of the people know the truth!

professor pro should be called professor get ***** by lol master
I tried to laugh but the joke was an epic failure like, kinda similar to your name, you sure do like failing dont you.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
don't get mad. brawllollovermaster was just bein' friendly.
LMAO

p.s. you both fail instantly for arguing on smash boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom