• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabu540

Smash Rookie
Sabu, you make me want to buy Brawl again to have gaming parties, sure it's not fun, but it certainly can be entertaining, yay for FFAs.

But otherwise I love melee
That's good to hear. ^_^
I'm pretty much the same way. I have some friends that are casual players and don't really care about ATs, so just playing some FFA Brawl matches with them is a lot of fun. If you're playing to do an awesome combo on somebody or use lots of ATs, Brawl isn't the game to play. But if you're playing an all G&W match with Side-B only or trying to make funny suicide kills (ie. playing Brawl like the party game it is), the lack of combos and ATs isn't all that important.
For me Melee is fun for competition, but both Melee and Brawl are fun for casuals. Although I still prefer Melee for that too XD

ZeroFrames

Smash Cadet
Late...

When i saw that there is no possibility to make it competiv without hacking it.
There are not so much good ATs and its very dreary!
Matches often looks like every others

Also there are no Techs whitch are a bit challanging me (a few... but under)
So its a pure Mindgame-Game... like Chess
and i dont like chess^^

karthik_king

Smash Ace
one of my friends 4 year old brother found it too easy. Enough said Oh and I got bored of it in the first 2 weeks though I started playing it again to get all of the challenges completed. Finished it yesterday. Now what do i do.

GO back to melee

Shroomed

Smash Master
melee is in no way shape or form boring

it's only boring if ur 4 stocking everyone around you

in which case the game isnt boring, the people your playing with just suck

kr3wman

Smash Master
melee is in no way shape or form boring

it's only boring if ur 4 stocking everyone around you

in which case the game isnt boring, the people your playing with just suck
Melee is boring, but playing Falcon isn't. Get it?

Altough playing Kage and his Ganondorf is serious fun, looking at him play is probably even more funny.

kr3wman

Smash Master
How is melee boring? Brawl is boring Wii Music is boring Melee is NOT boring
Oh **** I'm playing a sheik.

Oh **** I'm playing a Falco.

Oh **** I'm playing a Marth.

Oh **** I'm playing a Fox.

Oh **** I'm playing a Sheik.

Oh **** I'm plaing a Falco.

Oh dayuum, a Ganondorf.

Shroomed

Smash Master
the only character i find boring to play against is bowser

that's only cause i'll combo his *** every stock
every other character can put up a fight

except maybe pichu v marth

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

Oh dayuum, a Ganondorf.

This is how it is playing ANY fighting game. If you don't expect a tournament to be filled with top tier characters you're ********.

kr3wman

Smash Master
This is how it is playing ANY fighting game. If you don't expect a tournament to be filled with top tier characters you're ********.
Not even in tournament play.

And no, there are other fighting game without 1/2/3/4 dominating characters.

rhan

Smash Hero

Oh dayuum, a Ganondorf.

How is playing all these characters boring? It's fun to beat them with Young Link. :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol a lot of you didn't even give it a chance, even before it came out?

I tried REALLY hard to like Brawl, and played it til September, but then I gave up, I just couldn't do it =/

kr3wman

Smash Master
Fair enough if you think that, but if you are trying to say brawl is interesting and melee is boring..........
*walks away before expressing his true feelings about that point*
Melee is kinda boring. Brawl is boring.

Although I have fun playing them, after more than 10 hours straight you realize both are kinda boring. 'Cept Falcon dittoes.

IE : I don't play Smash, I play Falcon, which is why I can stand Smash for long periods of time without having to eat or sleep.

Stev

Smash Ace
At first i was like "wow! Brawl is so much more balanced! It's SSSOOOO much better!!!" And then i played melee again and realized that it's better in every other aspect of the game.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
When I saw fox's outfit in brawl, when they confirmed that all characters are floatie and in the 1rst 5 minutes I played it. epic failure

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
At first i was like "wow! Brawl is so much more balanced! It's SSSOOOO much better!!!" And then i played melee again and realized that it's better in every other aspect of the game.
But melee is more balanced....

Did melee ever have a major movement to ban a character because they were too broken? No. Lots of brawlers are trying to ban Meta-Knight right now.

rhan

Smash Hero
Only reason Melee would ever get boring to me if that I'm playing noobs or cpu's.

Other then that I can play for days.

Tennet

Smash Champion
the second i saw someone play it...then hated it more when i played it and regret buying it for my bro >.<

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Melee had Metaknight-Type-Broken Characters, but the thing is, there were more than one. In Brawl, Metaknight is the only broken character, which naturally upset the already-bad balance.

And to self-opinionated people, you can't say to a person "No, you're wrong, Melee/Brawl is boring!". Hey, people have different opinions.

Melee and Brawl 4 ever.

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman
Melee is kinda boring. Brawl is boring.

Although I have fun playing them, after more than 10 hours straight you realize both are kinda boring. 'Cept Falcon dittoes.

IE : I don't play Smash, I play Falcon, which is why I can stand Smash for long periods of time without having to eat or sleep.
Wait... why do you have an account to a forum that is specifically for a game you don't like?

Velox

Smash Ace
Melee had Metaknight-Type-Broken Characters, but the thing is, there were more than one. In Brawl, Metaknight is the only broken character, which naturally upset the already-bad balance.
no... in melee there weren't complete broken characters because there was a list of strong techniques mostly common to all characters (wavedashing, l-cancel, etc.) In Brawl it's more the natural ability of the character alone, melee was a little more Capitalist.

but it's a common misconception

Cinder

Smash Master
Um, yeah...no...give more than maybe one or two reliable MK counters...now, look at Melee's tier list and notice how many matchups are feasible against the top tiers...with MK, maybe one or two characters stand a chance, but with Melee's top tiers, most of the cast can put up a fight...

And was there EVER discussion about banning Marth or Fox from tourney play?

Melee is way more balanced, but it's far from perfect...

bolt.

Smash Ace
I can't stand it. As soon as I played another melee match after I played Brawl it was obvious which one was the better game, melee FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom