• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
its not tha i really dislike brawl, i still play it for fun. The first step in brawl i took was a trip.... i am not joking, i dashed and i triped. Really all the times brawl matches have been ruined we trip or something dodgey happens.... its really imba.

Shroomed

Smash Master
well, brawl isn't bad at all UNTIL you look at melee

brawl is such a piece of **** when compared to melee

it's like, why play brawl when you have a melee disc right there? no point is there.

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
its not tha i really dislike brawl, i still play it for fun. The first step in brawl i took was a trip.... i am not joking, i dashed and i triped. Really all the times brawl matches have been ruined we trip or something dodgey happens.... its really imba.
That's gotta be an amazing first experience with Brawl. If I were you, I'd probably have dropped my controller in disbelief and I'd have just stopped playing right there. I almost did the first time I tripped -_-

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
eventually, every smasher will end up posting in this thread

because sooner or later they won't be able to deny that brawl is **** any longer
loool QFT.

Seriously, one day I just sat backed at a smashfest and watched both of the games aside on each TV. Tbh melee looked like a upgrade. There were a few new brawl people there not fimilar with brawl hatred or anything like that and they looked at melee and wanted to pick it up and they had fun playing it.

Conclusion

Brawl is not as fun as melee.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I realized that I hated Brawl even more when I watch football.
Tripping usually gives up a HUGE play.

Example 1: Yesterday, the Dolphins were at their 1 yard line after a missed 4th down conversion by the Chargers. On the snap, Pennington tripped and fell back into the endzone. Luckily, it wasn't a safety.

Example 2: (I forgot what teams played. From about the 35 yard line or so) 1 receiver runs downfield when the cornerback (the one defending him) trips and tries to chase the reciever. That receiver gets the ball and easily gets the 65 yard Touchdown.

keeper

Smash Champion
-When I won a tournament match because the other person tripped and got killed my Frigate.
-When I realized all the stages have closer walls/the characters are a ton bigger.
-When I realized how vastly slower it was.
-When I felt I had no more to learn, especially in the technical aspect.
-When I realized Meta Knight has no bad match-ups. At least the best characters in Melee are all really close, right?
-When I realized that every character that can die before being hit off through a blast zone sucks.
-When I realized that a meteor was essentially a spike.
-When to be good you have to just know how to perfect shield and dodge everything.
-Ledge "clicking."
-No L-cancel.

Other stuff.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Once we realized that you could just shield drop to punish everything, it kinda fell apart. Suddenly, all need to approach was dispelled. Unless you were incredibly deceptive (which the speed of Brawl doesn't really allow), the first person to attack lost the match.

Amide

Smash Lord
Melee is awesome etc. But, I win so much less in Melee, it's really frustrating:urg:.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
:laugh: I love Arby 'n' the Chief. It actually got me into Halo.
To be honest, I don't dislike Brawl, per se. I think it's really fun, and worth the fifty dollars I paid. I just consider Melee a game with much more staying power, and it's a lot better for a competitive setting. To be honest, I find Brawl superior to Melee from a casual setting. More scenarios, co-op adventure mode/events/all-star mode, the boss battle mode. Brawl's one of the best "for the lulz" games on the platform. Melee is just deeper and more competitive.

Fletch

Smash Master
:laugh: I love Arby 'n' the Chief. It actually got me into Halo.
To be honest, I don't dislike Brawl, per se. I think it's really fun, and worth the fifty dollars I paid. I just consider Melee a game with much more staying power, and it's a lot better for a competitive setting. To be honest, I find Brawl superior to Melee from a casual setting. More scenarios, co-op adventure mode/events/all-star mode, the boss battle mode. Brawl's one of the best "for the lulz" games on the platform. Melee is just deeper and more competitive.
I could agree with this, but that "for the lulz" part is only fun for so long.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
When I played Falcon in Brawl for the first time, then played him in Melee.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to him. ;_;

Initially, I enjoyed all the new stuff they did for single player, except SSE. The only good part was the little cutscenes, btw, and I hate any form of movies. And even the Melee special movie was better than any of the cutscenes. But, I hate how they took out all the stuff that made Melee great. So after I enjoyed the 'new' single player stuff for two months and started multiplayer.... yeah..... I quit. I play Brawl now only because almost all of my friends have already converted to Brawl. The new Ganondorf is the biggest insult yet from Nintendo.

^so basically, you came here to complain on a Melee forum just to say you don't play Melee, just Brawl. *shrugs*
Bad grammar, I meant the only reason to play Brawl for me is because my friends are converting to Brawl. I play Melee more than Brawl btw.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
wow, i wish i could post a one word answer, never

I mean i lost my main and i still love brawl

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I played Melee a bit today cuz I got bored a bit of Brawl

man wavedashing is hard to do lol

i can only get the first dash and that's it :(

Cinder

Smash Master
wow, i wish i could post a one word answer, never

I mean i lost my main and i still love brawl
Has anyone else noticed that a certain mod was quick to say "No saying 'I only play Melee'" in the Brawl and Melee thread but hasn't said a word about saying stuff like this in this thread?

I'll do the honors...

If you still play Brawl, this isn't the thread for you...
Call me crazy, buuuut...it really is the same thing...and I'll say it yet again...

If you still play Brawl, this isn't the thread for you...

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
When I first purchased Brawl, Meta Knight immediately appealed to me. I figured that as the character with the least lag, his metagame would develop the fastest. I expected a substitute for wavedashing would emerge and character motion would in general be advanced. I figured that Brawl would evolve into a game that was based on extensive mindgames that would revolve around getting 2 or three hits in at a time. I was wrong.

There is no dashdancing, wavedashing, etc. There are no universal AT's that have been discovered, except for stupid stuff, like glide tossing. Thus, there is no potential for extensive mindgames to make up for the lack of combos. I refuse to play a game without AT's, combos, or mindgames. Its just not fun.

And @ everyone who was talking about identifying Brawl noobs based on their join date and post count, especially Cinder. I've been lurking for years, and only finally joined so I could help to bolster the Melee community.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I played Melee a bit today cuz I got bored a bit of Brawl

man wavedashing is hard to do lol

i can only get the first dash and that's it :(
i'm pretty sure that means you suck at melee, which is probably why you play brawl

can't wavedash? psh, that crap should b second nature after a month or less

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Don't worry, Brawl was screwed over right from the point the community decided to compete in it. MK won't be banned, since he isn't actually IMPOSSIBLE to beat (60-40 matchups all across the tier list is NOT enough to ban a character) and if they do ban MK it'll be easy to use Sirlin against the community and make them a laughing stock anyhow. If MK doesn't get banned, the game will become so boring and stall-based (see Parker's linked vid above) that everyone'll realize what a ****ty game Brawl is and come back to Melee.

Problem solved, thanks to Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom