• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

game set

Smash Apprentice
watch "i killed mufasa", makes me wanna just leave andplay melee. actually that's what im doing while those video's load. peace.

game set

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why they are being called combo video's, why not just be honest and call them attack string video's...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok let the videos begin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OfEl3cSb0&feature=related

Ok I watched this video during the whole of it I actually only saw one combo which was 3 hits consecutive, the rest of them were ALLLL two hits and then the player made a mistake and it equaled in him getting hit again, kinda boring to not actually see any combos, should be called a punish vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgOL_OGjWQ

I didnt even watch the whole of this shiek combo vid, it was interesting at the begging for obvious reasons but after that it was seriously like a 3hit combo video, do you find 3 hits interesting?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGmS955eMA&feature=related

LOOOOOL at making a seperate video for this when this would just be normal in melee, its not even against a human so not impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIGdMEsQrMw

It was a decent game in terms of some of the other brawl matches ive seen but im still not seeing anything that makes me favour it over melee matches. It was still too slow and broing, there is nothing exciting in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7T657y-RtU

Once again, there are no combos in this making it not interesting, its like one/two hits to follow the person, they make a mistake, you punish them, PUNISH VIDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PkBmG91fQ4

Well im not watching 10 mintues of that, I saw some decent combos in that one but its just another punish vid

please don't be biased and just watch the vids
Comments in your post, now do you want me to show you some real vids, I dont have to struggle to find them unlike you as there are a massive amount of good matches/combo vids on youtube.

I seriously cant watch anymore of the vids that you posted, its that boring, but I feel everyone whether you play melee or brawl NEEDS to watch this, its a combination of both. Its not the best combo video but seriously look at the difference in interestingness, can you seriously watch the first half of this and watch the second half after?
If you watch the first half and watch the second half and feel that nothing is different I would like you to leave my thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR7NrcOK60g&feature=related

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
You showed him the worst of all those videos.
QFT. There were lots of places in that combo where the person getting hit could have EASILY gotten out. Oh wait, it wasn't a person, it was a CPU.

I just picked one from random cause I was doing something else at the moment.
johns......

Brawl doesn't suck
Nice opinion you have there. You see, this thread is for people who have the opposite opinion to have a discussion, not for you to go trying to impose your will on us.

lol @ tags. Mic and Kevin M I assume.

EDIT: *points at purple mantis's join date* Hey, just wondering, did you ever get into competitive melee?

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
QFT. There were lots of places in that combo where the person getting hit could have EASILY gotten out. Oh wait, it wasn't a person, it was a CPU.

johns......

Nice opinion you have there. You see, this thread is for people who have the opposite opinion to have a discussion, not for you to go trying to impose your will on us.

lol @ tags. Mic and Kevin M I assume.

EDIT: *points at purple mantis's join date* Hey, just wondering, did you ever get into competitive melee?
I've definitely been to many tournaments. That's the main reason people come here besides to whine and moan about what they don't like about the game or compare it to its past game. You do know that other sites exist besides this one?

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on anyone. My thing is that you just can't say Brawl sucks. Brawl offers just as much as Melee and more.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've definitely been to many tournaments. That's the main reason people come here besides to whine and moan about what they don't like about the game or compare it to its past game. You do know that other sites exist besides this one?

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on anyone. My thing is that you just can't say Brawl sucks. Brawl offers just as much as Melee and more.
Please explain why we cant say Brawl sucks exactly? And explain how it offers more?
It helps sometimes if you explain your points unless they are obvious.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Cause I don't think there is a thread called "Melee sucks don't ever play it again".

Hopefully this thread doesn't exist.
If it did exist I would feel the exact same way because even though they a part of a series these games don't suck and they are special in their own way.

Plus I can't play Halo at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I'm nice in Gears of War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

game set

Smash Apprentice

Don't say thing's you can't and haven't been able to prove.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Melee just has more to it for gameplay. I tend to be aggressive and that doesn't work well in Brawl. Still fun to fool around in Brawl though.

Mantis, you mind showing how youtube proves it?

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Melee just has more to it for gameplay. I tend to be aggressive and that doesn't work well in Brawl. Still fun to fool around in Brawl though.

I don't mind just check my earlier posts with youtube videos or just go to youtube and type in any character with brawl combo and it'll show up.

When I get the stuff I'll even put my stuff up there. Comboing is ok but I pwn by any means necessary.

game set

Smash Apprentice

the truth is,

we have gotten to the point were we keep circling around the fact that the only thing humans have ever truly proven to be true, is that we can never truly prove. (all experience; and thus opinion differs from one observer to another) So why do we strive? to prove we are truly human.

there will always be this arguement, until we move to the next. Whether or not one of us is right does not matter, as our basis for actually playing the games is enertainment, (not which is more competitve). Entertainment, need have no basis in fact (youtube proves this). So this debate is pointless, we cant get anywere, because even if we have all the evidence in the world, people will still disagree.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
every video you post is incredibly boring and untrue to its name.
The only mildly interesting one was the yoshi montage.
but it got boring after about a minute.

game set

Smash Apprentice
whether or not one of us is right, melee is 1000 times more badass than brawl. Its like choosing between sex or a kiss goodnight; in the end its up to your opinion

you can have the kiss if you want, but ill have melee cause your an idiot.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
whether or not one of us is right, melee is 1000 times more badass than brawl. Its like choosing between sex or a kiss goodnight; in the end its up to your opinion

you can have the kiss if you want, but ill have melee cause your an idiot.
My whole point was to bring Melee and Brawlers together to find a common understanding not divide.

I guess its easier to hate than it is to love isn't it?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I don't think there is a thread called "Melee sucks don't ever play it again".
There isn't, because we already have enough people coming into our threads telling us what games to like...

If it did exist I would feel the exact same way because even though they a part of a series these games don't suck and they are special in their own way.
Melee is special in that it is awesome for any player. Brawl is special in that it caters to noobs. Just because some of the games in the sonic franchise are amazing, does that mean you're going to say that every sonic game is good? Please understand that we don't have as much fun playing brawl because it lacks the elements that made melee so appealing to us. We have the right to that opinion and would be pleased if you would stop trying to impose yours on us.

Ah, you're not imposing you're opinion on us, you're just saying we can't have any opinion different from yours...... >.< Your last sentence is you trying to impose your opinion on us......

I don't mind just check my earlier posts with youtube videos or just go to youtube and type in any character with brawl combo and it'll show up.
or go here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161305

When I get the stuff I'll even put my stuff up there. Comboing is ok but I pwn by any means necessary.
hmm, I'd rather see your melee stuff. It might explain a lot, I suspect this especially after "comboing is ok but I pwn 'by any means necessary' (aka without comboing)"

My whole point was to bring Melee and Brawlers together to find a common understanding not divide.
Why would we want to come together with people who don't share our interest? What you are trying to accomplish is to get us to conform to your opinion and play a game we do not enjoy.

You either enjoy something or you don't, it's not a matter of easier to love or hate.

I realized I liked Melee over Brawl when I saw the sad lack of Melee stages.
Someone actually on topic!

+2 awesome points to you sir.

game set

Smash Apprentice

your even more of an idiot, read my post before that.

We will never EVER get anywere by trying to convince the other side we are right unless THEY CHOOSE to change their mind. Showing people what YOU think is good about the games will not change anyones side. Trying to show they are both good games is almost worse than argueing one side, no one will agree with you exept the people who dont care, or areon your side. The ONLY way we can ever definitively agree is if we agree that it does not matter because people do what they want, not what is good

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
your even more of an idiot, read my post before that.

We will never EVER get anywere by trying to convince the other side we are right unless THEY CHOOSE to change their mind. Showing people what YOU think is good about the games will not change anyones side. Trying to show they are both good games is almost worse than argueing one side, no one will agree with you exept the people who dont care, or areon your side. The ONLY way we can ever definitively agree is if we agree that it does not matter because people do what they want, not what is good

Look dude all I'm saying is that if you don't like Brawl then that's fine that's you. But you can't just talk about like its complete **** cause that's a lie. Is their something wrong with just accepting both games for what they are and stop comparing them and talking crap and just enjoy them. Is that **** hard to do?

game set

Smash Apprentice
Look dude all I'm saying is that if you don't like Brawl then that's fine that's you. But you can't just talk about like its complete **** cause that's a lie. Is their something wrong with just accepting both games for what they are and stop comparing them and talking crap and just enjoy them. Is that **** hard to do?
if i choose to dislike brawl its my choice.

you can tell people to not go out of their way to talk sh*t bout brawl, but dont go out of your way to tell us to enjoy it, cause we dont have to.

Edit: 'what they are' is subjective, idiot

game set

Smash Apprentice
Im all for peace between boards, but your putting it in a communist light were we have to accept the other game. Although it is not our right to try and convert someone to melee, or make them feel bad for playing brawl, or any other direct form of interference, IT IS OUR RIGHT to think brawl sucks. you have to accept that fact and gtfo

- im out

Shroomed

Smash Master
i think you meant to say that brawl is complete **** and um yeah, brawl sucks horribly

why are brawl combos no more then 2 or 3 hits? why is brawl so slow? it's bcuz it's a game for noobs, which u r

so stick to ur persian game and we'll play the game for SPARTANS, Super Smash Brothers Melee :chuckle:

I realized I didn't like brawl, when I found out the game wasn't called "Super smash brothers Melee 2.0". I rofld

otg

Smash Master
Mantis, not only are you double posting left and right, but you're "combo" vids aren't really impressive, yet you seem to have convinced yourself that they are. You are not making your point here, in fact you are just embarrassing yourself. You must be a Troll.

DO NOT FEED HIM.

Edit: 420th post! Oh, how beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom