• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the worst injury you have ever had?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nothing TOO bad... yet...

i had nasty abrasions and glass cuts from this rollover car accident i was in

but i hardly even had bruises and no broken bones

just outer stuff

pretty legit

my friend who didnt have his seatbelt on.... got mad cuts on his arm :(

seatbelts REALLY DO save your life

ive never forgotten to put it on ever sicne that accident

Grunt

Smash Master
I shattered my spine in 12 places from falling off my motorcycle, while jumping over 33.5 double-decker buses. I tried to do the double pits to chesty, but my can of Axe slipped, when i tried to grab it i lost balance, and fell onto one of the exploding bear traps on top of the buses. It kinda hurt.

Martel Hammer

Smash Apprentice
I think when I was young I was jumping on my bunk bed (yes, stupid I know), when-well, you know, I fell and cracked my head. I still have a little mark where it happened on my forehead.

Lily

Smash Cadet
No injuries, but I was diagnosed with Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis at age 15. Basically, it's cancer just a different type of cell. Treated the same and everything and runs a fatal course in certain people, mostly children. By the time I was diagnosed I had a tumor in my right hip half the size of a football. I was in excruciating pain all the time and still am. The tumor was inoperable because it had eaten away my hip bone and taken over all the muscle and soft tissue. I went through 2 years of radiation therapy and recently had surgery on it to remove what they could. They radiation caused a lot of scar tissue so I will be in pain for the rest of my life. I had another tumor in my head in 2007 that had eaten completely through my skull and penetrated through my inner table into my brain. I was put on steroids and they removed it before it caused any permanent damage. I now have a titanium plate in my head. On May 27th, I had a tumor removed from my stomach and they had to remove most of my stomach because of the damage that it caused. I also had a tumor in my right ovary the size of a grapefruit. I need 3 more weeks of radiation therapy in July to get rid of the rest of my hip tumor. It's crazy, ha.

Just for the record, this disease is not genetic, not contagious, not transmittable, no cure, no funding available from the government... it's just spontaneous. It's ****ty lucky of the draw.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Wow, Lily. That is intense. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Uh, let's see. I jammed my finger in a heavy wooden door when I was two, and ripped my fingernail off. When I was fifteen, I broke my nose in Phys. Ed., when this beast of a girl ran into me. Yes, her shoulder broke my nose. And a couple months ago, I sliced my palm open while washing a bread knife. The squishy part of your thumb on the palm. It was super gross.

I've also had seven surgeries, but they're not injury-related. I'm supposed to have another one this summer.

Lily

Smash Cadet
Wow, Lily. That is intense. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

I've also had seven surgeries, but they're not injury-related. I'm supposed to have another one this summer.
Meh, **** happens. I'm used to it by now. I hope your surgery goes well! I can def. relate.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Hm... broke my finger once trying to play football?

I don't know if you'd consider this an injury, but back in elementary school, I fell off the monkey bars and landed flat on my back. It knocked the wind outta me, and I passed out for who-knows-how-long.

Overload

Smash Lord
Got hit in the head with a razor scooter. It had a wheelie bar on it which made a gash in my head. I bled.

M.K

Level 55
I broke my wrist tripping over a razor scooter while backing up to take a basketball shot.
It wasn't even a hard fall, I must've put all of my pressure onto my wrist when I fell.
Still, that night sleeping without a cast was AWFUL.

D13

Smash Ace
I was sitting on this tree branch. Then somehow I fell off, hit my head on this big rock, and ended up getting stitches. I was very young at the time, so I don't remember it in detail.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Cracked a bone in my thumb once. Broke my elbow, then did weights on it not realising how serious it was (dumb dumb choice). And I have chronic Knee, Back and wrist problems (woo I have the body of an old man).

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Stuck my foot in my front bike wheel, flipped over the handle, twisted my foot, scrapped my knees, elbows and face and and the bike fell on my back afterwards <3

Smash Master
Nothing too bad, but I broke my wrist playing goalkeeper in soccer. Coach shot the ball at me, I deflected it over the crossbar, but my wrist bent all the way back, and I was done for the season.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I have broken both of my arms at the elbow before (left at age 5 and right on my 8th birthday), I've fallen and knocked out my front tooth before (they restored it, but I ended up getting 4 root canals) and on new years day this year I woke up with a broken foot. No idea how it happened lol, and it's still not 100%. I think it's a 4-way tie. :chuckle:

meery

Smash Cadet
I ran into someone at gym and had a black eye for 2 weeks. I also fell on my face over the handlebars of my bike into a rosebush

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Unfortunetly, the worst would probably have to be a big gashing scrape on my hand running down some of my arm that almost got infected lol. I haven't broken any bones yet, nor got cut open too deep.

rhan

Smash Hero
I broke my wrist in half when I was a hardcore idiot. Back in 6th grade about 3 days after Hurricane Isabell, I tried to do some BMX jump off a dirt ramp.... Well I forgot to pop the front end of the bike before I lifted off and the front end fell between the two ramps. I flew face first into the rocky dirt while the bike fliped on me in the process. Half my face was covered in I guess burns from the ground? And my wrist was snaped.

Wore a cast up to my shoulder for about 4-6 months. I don't regret it though. Sympathy attention from the ladies made me feel so much better. :chuckle:

saggy_brown

Smash Cadet
Jumped off a twenty foot bridge straight onto a rock a couple feet underwater covered in barnacles. I tore off the entire sole of my foot. Had to walk In the street two miles home from it barefoot on the hot street. the heat on the black pavement basically soldered my foot closed so I wasnt bleeding anywhere but both my feet were black on the bottom cuz they got burnt

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I was on the back of a Sea-Doo, holding the rope of a tube we had just been using and trying to keep the tube close to me so we could pack it up. My father, who was driving, decided he wanted to gun the engine, and the water caught the tube, created drag, and wrapped the rope around my leg. I was dragged into the water, and I earned myself a gnarly rope burn on my wrist (with hanging flaps of skin and all sorts of fun stuff), and a huge bruise stretching the entire way around my thigh. I couldn't walk for more than a week afterwards.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Once, in 4th grade, a friend and I were riding our bikes near his house. We decided to race down this hill on either side of the street on the sidewalks, for whatever reason. Probably cause we were stupid 10-year-olds, also known as 10-year-olds. So anyway, we were racing, and I was winning of course, when I realize I'm in trouble. The sidewalk shifts over one unit to the right up ahead. I'm going far too fast to be able to navigate such a sharp turn, or the turbulence of going onto the grass, and I go down. I'm a little scraped up, and there's this 2-inch gash across my knee. I kept my head. I was okay otherwise, and it wasn't too bad, so I sent my scared friend back to his house to get his mom and their van, since I didn't want to walk while I was injured.

While he was gone, this old couple came walking by. They just kind of stared at me, then looked away awkwardly, since I was bleeding but not showing any signs of anxiety or fear. I guess the adrenaline of the race and the fall were keeping me going.

So anyway, they get back, and drive me to my house, since it was like 2 minutes away, so my parents can treat me. I guess my friend's mom didn't want to deal with it if she could avoid it. So, my parents clean it up. It was pretty deep, for its size, and I thought it was awesome. They put some cleaning fluid on it that fizzed or something, and it hurt. That was the first point in the event that I cried, and I'm darn proud of my restrain and levelheadedness overall. It ended up turning into a lumpy scar that we refer to as my caterpillar, since it looked a lot like one. My mom says I probably should have had stitches, but that's how it goes, I guess.

Now, I'm horribly squeamish, and would probably cry before I even saw the wound, cause I'm a big coward now too. :|

Bluekn16ht

Smash Rookie
well..i was fighting with my bro dont remember..dont remember too much details but i fell , slipped, and slid across the floor headfirst so my chin split open and it was reaally bloody so i had to get stitched.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Was riding my bike as fast as could and hit a rock, needless to say I crashed face first and cut up my lip pretty bad along with the side of my face.

All good now

squirtleuser007

Smash Apprentice
north carolina, hating on sonikupo (&lt;3)
me and my sis were tryin to go past a f\gate we had in our old house. we thought it was cool, but no, we were wrong. we did it safely the 1st time. the 2nd time, i wasn't even fully over the gate, and my sis climbed on. i felt my weight go backwards. uh-oh. we both fell down, i was safe and un injured(ive never broken anything in my body, ive had no cavities, never twisted an ankle or anything, idk why, im lucky i guess). my sis, however, suffered a cut just above her eye. had it gone lower, :(, she mightve lost the use of her right eye...

sammy p

Smash Lord
i had a broken wrist from jumping on a friends couch.... it was the day of my first communion too so of course i had to miss that and my parents werent too happy with me after the whole ordeal was over....whoops

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Once I had an earache and I told my dad he put some stuff (I don't remember what it was called) in my ear it was the most painful thing I have every felt. It hurt like h*** for 3 days the first day it messed with my mind. Voices wouldn't stop echoing in my ears and I thought there was someone up talking and I at one point I saw just a pinball machine for hours and I just figured I was a pinball machine. It sucked so bad.

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
hurt my finger when my sis slammed the door shut on it on the way into the car ><
and/or colliding into a guy 2x bigger than me and getting an uber bruise on my leg at a b-ball clinic XD
both were when I was little so the pain was uber intense >.<

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Me and my brother were shot after standing up for a friend at school.

When I was 7 at the park, this "teeter-tot" swingset slammed into my face. It ripped open the left side of my mouth, I lost 3 teeth, and got knocked out cold.

Top Bottom