• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the current fad in your school?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I've been out of high school for 4 years, middle school for 8 and elementary school for 11. When I was doing yardwork today I was thinking about fads and what children/teens in school today are into and whether or not I'd find the fad cool or plain dumb.

It seems to me the better fads took place the younger I was. Yo-Yo's, Gigapets, and Tec-Decks are the 3 biggest ones I can remember; but they were all elementary/middle school. In high school I don't think anything was really big or unique.

S l o X

Smash Champion
the "i love boobies" bands are in.

and the squiggly rubber bands. i have three, all from three different girls i know.

pink / red / lavender kind of. i don't wear em' much if ever though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just graduated a few days ago :)

Though, animal bands, brand name crap seems to be in. So does being a moron...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Plaid, work boots, and Carhartts.
Camo too sometimes.

**** my school.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
At college it's all about hipsters and pokemon pretty much.

Both of which I fall into :(

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What to revise for for our absolute ultimate final final final exams of compulsory schooling.

As you can see, no pressure, right?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I do not pay enough attension to the people at my school to figure out there fads, However my brother is into this devices called silly bands. There value is completely lost on me for there is no logical benefit which I can see. At least the hobbies I have benefit me In some way an example would be SSBM, it takes good reflexes, skill, and tactics. Such qualites help keep the mind sharp. However as far as I can tell with this silly bands, other than pleasing the hoarding instint it really does not help at all (In my opinon pleasing the hoarding instint is not really a benefit.)

mzink*

Smash Ace
Those silly bandz (animal bracelets) are spreading ringworm around my sisters school lol. Stupid fads.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Sillybands, you know, those shaped rubber wristbands....wtf did these come from? My sister literally has a total of 80 and wears them all at one time.

People have shaped rubber wristlets.

So far I have a giraffe, a Loch Ness monster that's really a seal, a bear that's supposedly a hippopotomus, two dragons, a kangaroo, and a duck.

And also piercings.

I'm hoping to get snakebites. But I want dimples.

highfive

Smash Lord
shirts and bracelets that say "I <3 boobies". They are actually allowed since they're actually supporting breast cancer awareness.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Playing Farmville on Facebook in the computer labs and the library.
(sigh) do people have nothing better to do?
Sillybands, you know, those shaped rubber wristbands....wtf did these come from? My sister literally has a total of 80 and wears them all at one time.
That's what I wanna know. It's like sillybands came out of nowhere. Seriously.
shirts and bracelets that say "I <3 boobies". They are actually allowed since they're actually supporting breast cancer awareness.
Please tell me you're joking about that. I say those braclets and shirts support pervertedness awareness.

soju

SD God
w00t my school is actually old fashion ghetto still ;D
shirts large enough to go to your knees, no flannels or guys with tight jeans to be seen, everyone wearing sweatpants, jeans sagging past the buttcrack

*sniff**sniff* im so proud ;D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
(sigh) do people have nothing better to do?
I don't play that kind of stuff, but whenever I walk past people with their laptops open or go into a computer lab at school, it's either they're on Facebook, YouTube, playing Farmville or solitaire. Sometimes I see them playing Starcraft, CS:S or MW2.

greenblob

Smash Lord
People have started wearing those weird rubber bands that are shaped like stuff, so I wore a regular rubber band around my wrist. When asked what shape mine is, I take it off and tell them, "It's a circle!"

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
whats fad at my school are the guys wearing skinny jeans and like almost every one haveing stretchers for there ears and haveing snake bites as well as wearing striped or checkers patterned shirts

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
This was my school prior to summer break:

Everybody had a freakin iPhone (besides me, of course)
Everybody had those shaped rubber bands (I have four lol)
Every girl wore those sandals with the strap going down their foot.
Every black guy wore jordans.
Almost every guy wore skinnies (I wore skinnies, but not too skinny. Good fitting skinnies.
Most girls wore shirts exposing cleavage.
Every guy either had a fade and tape (me), or long Justin Bieber length hair.
Oh, and weed too. Everybody was doing that s***.
That's about it.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Sillybands.
I promised myself that I'd never have one.
I lied.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Before I graduated, the clothing trend was
Polo Shirts,
Khaki or Cargo shorts
Sperrys
and Black Nike Socks

LOL

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm in college so I really don't have to put up with fads anymore, thank God. The only thing that people seem to mindlessly obsess over is movies. For example, Zombieland and the Hangover were movies that people couldn't shut up about last year.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Girls dressing like sluts.

Short Short Shorts, No bra, exposed clevege(cant spell), Tons of makeup.

Its like going to school with 1000 Snookies from Jersey Shore. at first i Thought i'd be into it, but it just makes me feel sorry for their parents and their low self-esteem.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Girls dressing like sluts.

Short Short Shorts, No bra, exposed clevege(cant spell), Tons of makeup.

Its like going to school with 1000 Snookies from Jersey Shore. at first i Thought i'd be into it, but it just makes me feel sorry for their parents and their low self-esteem.
wat school do u go to

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Seems like everything everyone has ever said goes on at my crapshack of a school.

Drugs are more prevalent, though, than all the other stupid fads.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yea but when you guys say drugs, do you mean DRUGS, or do you mean like weed and alcohol?

Alcohol and weed are way better than the other drugs out there. I used to do weed a lot, but the only bad thing about doing it is the label you get. Same thing with drinking. But at least it's a lot safer than coke or meth and s*** like that.

So many people in my school do weed. So many people drink. I don't do any of them (anymore), I'm not in a rush to have sex, and I'm doing decently well in school. I was still doing well in school, even with the weed. In fact, in some places, I was doing better.

And at least weed's not addictive, and even though alcohol is, the side effects aren't as worse as, say, heroin.

It might sound like I'm getting off topic, but I HATE it when people generalize that stuff.

Top Bottom